WARNING: Players are signing on to GoW2 and losing all progress.

MisterGuyMan

The simplest explination is TU4 had a glitch in it that resulted in somme people (very few amount) losing there gears 2 ranking and other things.

The only way to get it back was to recover your gamertag right away.

But that did not work for me!?

I got reset from 56 - 1

Currently there is realy no fix. best thing you can do is just start over.

took me 2 days to get to lvl 35.

The simplest explination is TU4 had a glitch in it that resulted in somme people (very few amount) losing there gears 2 ranking and other things.

The only way to get it back was to recover your gamertag right away.

But that did not work for me!?

I got reset from 56 - 1

Currently there is realy no fix. best thing you can do is just start over.

took me 2 days to get to lvl 35.

This happened to me as well. I was level 50 something after the "tickers and boomers" event earlier this year. When I got back on for the next XP event, I was level 1. Haven't played since, and I don't plan on supporting any more games that Cliff works on.

My buddy lost like 40 ranks, but he said he did some exploit where you can unlock achievements for the other profile on your box? I dunno what he was talking about, but he said he figured it was some sort of repercussion from that.

You need to figure, development of this is done. Also, they may not know the problem for the 1 or 2 programmers left on it.

they have known about this problem for over a year and wont do anything about it. im done with epic and anything cliff b puts out.

his reply to me on twitter was people are playing mutiplayer without latest update and that resets rank. i say bullshit no update was offered you douchebag.

This happened to my brother but not me luckily.. we both signed in and decided to do the 30 wave horde achievement. After the map loaded we checked the scoreboard and... he was suddenly "demoted" to rank 1

We restarted the xbox and hoped that it was just a display bug but no, after couple of minutes we realized that also all his progress was lost and he was unable to gain achievements as well. I don't know what could cause this but I really hope they fix it before more people suffer the same thing. He just got rank 100 by boosting koth and next day he logs on.. everything is gone

That's what just happen to me! WTF? I'll post a video in the next hour to show you guys!

I'm lucky! I just reached rank 100 this weekend!

I did KoH boost from Lvl 97-100! Is it because of this??? I don't think so!

Edit: Here's what happend to me:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46uISqxx8U]YouTube - Gears Of War 2 :: WTF? Loosing all progress![/ame]

Edited by ParoXysm QC

• 2 weeks later...

Happened to me 5 times, earned enough XP to be 100 now but in the end it's nothing.

I was reset when XP was time consuming to get, I assume most of you have the map-packs, just do a 10 hour straight session on the next XP event, you'll get it no problem.

I don't have them so horde occassionally but generally hate the game since I spent 8 months straight in 2009 doing Ranked matches to get to 69 then got reset. I got from 1 - 61 in the space of 3 hours just doing Horde in the ticker event, not really hard to regain ranks now so just get over it and redo it.

Ok first things first, Cliff Bleszinski is a Design Director not a programmer so the people that are pointing the finger at him and saying I'll never buy/play another game Cliffy B has worked on are just being stupid as this issue is hardly if at all his fault.

Second, if Rod Fergusson said there is nothing that can be done to fix this issue then its in your best interest to believe him, the guys at Epic have bent over backwards to try to please its fans with countless updates to fix issue's and crazy Double XP events because people were crying that the road to rank 100 was a bit extreme.

Some of you guys sound like flat out retards and need to give Epic a fucking break , they have done nothing but try to please you. If this issue is as big and wide spread as some are making it seem (I played GoW2 about a week ago for kicks and I still had all my stats and such) and it cannot be fixed like Rod Fergusson has apparently stated, then I would not be surprised if they had a event or something (maybe even make it a permanent change to the game) so that earning your wings is guaranteed (100x EXP) and so that every kill equals 100 instead of just one, this would not solve the loss of single player campaign data or progress towards other achievements, but all the achievements besides Rank 100 and Seriously 2.0 can be done in one sitting.