DE On extra - Spoilers-

Yea he was a pain, all I did really was learn his attacks and go in and hit him with quick short combos to whittle his health down. I noticed if I went in with long combos he would end up kicking me in the face sooner or later. So I took my time and hit him with quick jabs when I knew I had a window to attack, it took long but it worked. Sorry I couldn't be more detailed. You'll get it just learn his moves. Good luck!

Just thought I would give some tips on how I got past Chapter 8 and 9 on extra. Some may be obvious, but hopefully it will help someone or at least encourage you not to give up.

Dark Enoch

- I never actually punched during the entire battle. I always used the bubble attack by holding :rbbut: and hitting :xbut: . This should be around 5 hits. It also is a quick enough animation that even if it misses or is blocked you have time to get out of the way.

- The first part of the battle was by far the hardest to me. Never try to hit him when he is doing the short attack sequence of 3. Learn to time the other longer attacks to shoot in just as they finish.

- Learn the three different forms and their particular patterns. Once you learn what to look for, it is just a matter of jumping or running out of the way. I preferred to jump over the dark energy attacks and run out of the way of the bull rush.

- At the beginning of each transformation, Enoch will start with a hit combo. I used this time to get rid of the Wisps. These things are extremely annoying. I died many times by jumping into one that was off screen. Once I focused on getting rid of them as soon as they spawned, things seemed much easier.

- The last bull rush when Dark Enoch is glowing is an extra long rush. Double jumping and floating away is the best way to avoid.

Watcher Sariel

- Any time you are fighting a watcher, always remember to do an extended hit when they go down. Hold :xbut: to go into a long kick. You should get about 7 hits in before they come up and knock you back. This knock back does not do you damage, and pushes you far enough away that you can't be immediately attacked.

- The best attack to wait for is the three balls that she shoots. I found that staying about mid distance from her tended to make this the preferred attack. As soon as she starts begin circling and moving closer. If you attack right after the third ball, you will always get an unblocked 3 hit combo which knocks her to the ground.

- Staying along the edges of the arena helped with the long horizontal bat attack. As soon as the bat animation starts make a direct run to the other side of the arena. It will sometimes hit you, but I was usually able to avoid it.

- I actually preferred the uppercut attack. I was able to perfect guard it every time which left her vulnerable to attacks for a good time. If you aren't good at perfect guards, I guess just begin rolling to avoid it.

Hopefully this helps. Amaros seems to be pretty straight forward and applying the above techniques should help with him also. Also as encouragement, you don't have to take all of the watcher's health down.

• 3 months later...

I want to add this for the Sariel fight, which gave me some trouble. When the ground underneath him glows, he's prepping a big bat swarm. Watch his pose - if he does an arm sweep, he's gonna bow and do the upwards attack. If so, roll forward and beat him down! If he does the other pose, be ready to dodge left or right. Be sure not to roll too early or you'll eat the bat lazer thing!

Also, if you get a combo on him, hesitate once to do the charged multi-kick attack. Then when he's down do it again. It takes a lot of health off and shortens the fight.

On a side note, I didn't beat Armaros after this fight but whittled his armor down enough to see his face. When I died it triggered the cutscene. I did die a few times before I got his pattern down, but you don't have toi win. Go figure....

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to tell you guys thanks for all of the helpful information about those fights. I was having serious troubles but all of your tips helped me get through it. Dark Enoch was the hardest but I got stuck on the Sariel fight.

I found if you timed your double jump correctly you can avoid his glowing attack completly and get several hits in. Also, for all of these fights, if you jump in the air and combo you can avoid being pushed back by him and get a few extra hits in. Always keep moving and dont rush it, wait if you have to. I hope that helps, best of luck to anyone going for these.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...