Can anyone please explain these Support types a bit more indepth to me?

I want to head online soon after i finished the survivals but i don't want to go on unprepared not fully understanding the support types and roles.

Also how to pull off insane aerial combos like i've seen online. :Bounce:

As far as I know, when you fill up the first bar of support, Guard Type support will protect you when you charge up chakra (charging up your support bar too, you can fill it up pretty fast by spamming short bursts of Y button). Attack Type seems to make the support character pop up and attack in a little scene the opponent. I don't know the specifics of why and when they act up though. As for Balance Type, I'm kinda clueless, so if someone wanna answer this, I'm curious about it too!

Calling out your supports with the RB and LB buttons builds up your support drive. When it reaches level 1, depending on their types depends on how they will behave. At level 2 you can peform a team ultimate jutsu.

Attack types: Attack your opponent with you when you do a ground combo, they also will knock your opponent back to you if you blast them away, I.E Sasuke's fire ball jutsu

Guard types: Block any thrown projectiles when you are charging chakra and will interupt an opponent if they chakra dash towards you.

Balance type: Throw objects at your opponent whenever you charge and throw shurikens etc... They also can appear and take an opponent's ultimate jutsu in your place, however they will then be unavaliable for a set duration of the match.

• 3 months later...
Thanks. I get it now.

I also realised it describes the uses in the command list on the start menu aswell.

The Attack type is the best one in my opinion cuz if your in support mode and your opponent has no subs then they take an extreme amount of damage

• 5 weeks later...

Basically what supports are are covers. Let's say your playing online and using Pain for example. ''name supports'' are teams that have names like Pain, Kakuzu and Konan. And after you pick that, you would get ''Akatsuki''. If you have these names supports, it does more damage if you land a U3 (Y,Y,Y,B) on them.

Supports are there basically to do their ultimate when they are called out. So if you have pain support, he will do almighty push as you are charging your chakra or even comboing them.

If you have 1 support the bar fills up faster than if you had 2 supports.

Attack supports hit the opponent as you are doing ground comboes.

Defence supports guard you as you are charging chakra, and if the opponent dashes at you they jump infront of them to stop them briefly.

Balance supports throw shuriken when you do and if their bar is filled they will be hit for an ultimate for you.

To do those air comboes all you have to do is hit them 2 or 3 times in the air then dash at them and then quickly combo them again and repeat until you have no more chakra.

Hope this helps :D!