Laser Sight

Is there a way to switch from the reticule to the laser sight a la Resident Evil 4 and 5 and (in the Options) 6? I much prefer the laser sight. Don't mind the crosshairs, but laser sight made shooting feel a little more consequential.

I believe in one of the live-streams they said there would not be a laser sight, only adjustable reticule colors. During the stream everyone kept asking about the laser sight, and they basically said nope don't know why its not there.

Edited by Evil Epyon

Strange. Hopefully they patch in a laser sight, among a few other things. I loved how RE6 got a bunch of Options featured patched in, from FOV to character orientation lock. I'd love to see the same kind of support for Revelations, which feels like a solid RE game, but is very obviously a port from a handheld.

For me, laser sight is just kind of necessary for Resident Evil. I've enjoyed the concept since RE4. It felt different than the reticule most shooters used back then, and it still feels different than the reticules that remain on today's shooter market. Not that RE is shooter-heavy, because RE6 was the only one that did that. But the laser sight just added an interesting dynamic to the shooting in RE4 5 and 6, in my opinion.

Another thing I would like to see patched in is a third control scheme. I like some aspects of the Shooter one and I like some aspects of the Classic one, so a hybrid would be preferable to me. I like Classic movement (i.e. no strafing and left stick to move), but I would love to retain more control of the camera while I do this. Namely, I hate how it directs upwards, away from the floor in Classic mode. I can't get used to that. I need to see the floor in most shooters, but especially Resident Evil, where I'm scanning for treasures. I also like being able to move while shooting. So while Classic mode movement feels a lot more natural and pure to me, I definitely feel like I'm crippling myself when I use it, with regards to the upward-pointing and out-of-control camera and being stuck while shooting.

So my proposed third control scheme would be:

-Classic scheme movement (i.e. no strafing and left stick is sole movement tool)

-Shooter scheme camera control (i.e. camera can be controlled naturally, even while moving, but without affecting movement like it does in Shooter scheme)

-Shooter scheme move-while-shooting mechanic

-Shooter scheme button assignments

So basically I just want Shooter but with Classic style character movement.

Finally, I would love for them to patch running and walking back in. That wasn't in RE6, but it was in RE4 and RE5. I loved how you could control the pace like that. Just push A button, and it felt more brisk. Don't push it and you're able to scan the environment more thoroughly while still moving. I don't like how base movement is running. Feels too RE6 to me. RE needs a calculated pace, and that's part of that package for me. It's not so bad in this game, but I remember feeling uncomfortable with how fast-paced RE6 was because of its base movement speed. I always tried partially holding the stick down to walk, and it just felt awkward (though all the characters being floor-acrobat boxer-wrestlers in hand-to-hand combat and lack of quick-turn also heavily contributed to this). I want hold A to run back.

Sorry to expand the scope of this thread like that. Bottom line is laser sight is just one feature I would love to have patched in. I think it's the principle one, though. RE with a reticule just feels weird to me.

Sorry for the double post. I just want to note that I just watched a video of the 3DS version of the game on YouTube, and it seems that that version has laser sights. I find it strange that they would phase those out for the reticule.