Failed to Read Downloadable Content

BuySomethingWillYa

So far I've downloaded both Bass and the new downloadable stage. However, after 50% of the time I boot up the game I'm greeted with a yellow-exclaimation-point pop-up telling me that it failed to read the downloadable content (always being the special stage, not bass).

Is anyone else having this problem? I'd feel better if it was just a problem with the game, and not just me.

I keep getting the same error - for me its been both Bass and the Special Stage that have had problems.

I've deleted the files from the memory and then redownloaded them but that only works for the next time you load the game - after that it will popup with the "Failed to read downloadable..." message about 75% of the time.

I'm sure its coincidence but it was the first time i'd used the Xbox.com marketplace and queued DLC downloads to the 360 (queued them up whilst at work ready to download when i got home)... its now kinda put me off doing that again! ^^;

Edited by Chidomaru

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

old topic... but still a problem and no good solution in this thread.

2 ways to "fix" it:

1. choose dlc from the menu und press back... you don't have to redownload it! (don't waste your time)... you only want the dlc check (and of course a successfull one without error message) ... you maybe have to repeat this step 3 or 4 times, but its totally random.

2. play offline... for some reason i never have this problem if i play offline... if your going for mr. perfekt with bass, its probably the best solution, because you have to reload many times and every time this error can reappear.