Gaara King Of the Tower

xLCDx

First off hes not garbage, His opponents are garbage. He is "Pressing the advantage" by using a tactic that works then constantly using it is not cheap by no means. All his opponents had to do was Parry down... err Substitute down.

Second off the fighting engine is garbage and which there is such a minimal gap between above average players and the high-end ones.

Third he is infact garbage for posting a video that caused mental anguish in the fighting game community.

This pro-tip was brought to you by Friday.

no but its the fact that people exploit that cheap trick with garra if im garra and i fight a half way decient person i can take out at least 80% of their health with one move and the fact that their is only a .001 sec leway to counter that attack is cheap by all terms this game is broken I'll be the First to State that but there are plenty of people that do not exploit any of these lame moves over and over and still kick your ass Memphis Legends is by far one of the best ive ever played along with hardcase and vega and Hyper4Liquid. so as i said this kid is garbage and also most is everybudy who uses gara. and the guys he played they did the same thing all garbage 90% of people in this game all they know how to do is mash XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and >XXXXXXXXXXXX >XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX or the Y's

u make a guide and then you rank on them for using your suggestion wow pathetic and did you say memphis legends I faced that guy a total of five times and hes exploited the same move over and over, you dont play with them all the time so u dont see how they play so whatever.

he does however suck since a posted a vid featuring the games cheesiest character, hey i beat the tower with Gaara but that's nothing to brag about, my only problem without the combat is the fact that u can't use substitution jutsu in mid-air, it wud help against those guys who repeatedly knock u in the air to unleash mid-air combos. Actually though if the achievements were for just winning a total amount of fights with each character instead having to win the tower then i'd be fine. What if you get to the fifth spot and you have to go to the store or run another errand u can't save ya progress or nothing then u have to start all over.

no but its the fact that people exploit that cheap trick with garra if im garra and i fight a half way decient person i can take out at least 80% of their health with one move and the fact that their is only a .001 sec leway to counter that attack is cheap by all terms this game is broken I'll be the First to State that but there are plenty of people that do not exploit any of these lame moves over and over and still kick your ass Memphis Legends is by far one of the best ive ever played along with hardcase and vega and Hyper4Liquid. so as i said this kid is garbage and also most is everybudy who uses gara. and the guys he played they did the same thing all garbage 90% of people in this game all they know how to do is mash XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and >XXXXXXXXXXXX >XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX or the Y's

I understand your frustration, the last character I beat the exam with was infact Gaara, and I did get 3 perfects in a row from the 2nd round.

But there is one simple fact, the mashing of xxxx and >xxxx is really all there is to this game it is not in-depth at all. I beat this with zabuza without doing a single combo all I did was just jump back and do a regular x then summon a justsu then win. And throw lots of kunais to make them waste chakra when they wanted to substitute.

Ubisoft did a horrible job on the fighting engine, like I said the gap is so small its horrible.

1. Unblockables

2. The rage metre reappears even when you strategically run away to force them to use it. They can use it on the next hit.

3. Throwing is extremely slow and not instant so all you have is this silly substituion fest of mashing B.

4. No timing window for substituion, all people do is mash B when getting hit by a combo and they will get it 100% of the time. This is flawed in the fact that the shortest combo is the best in this game.

5. Zero timing in combos, This is why gaara is so easy to play instead of looking on when you press the button you can simply have a visual que when to press the next. This is why I really despise 3d fighting games but this is kinda biased.

6. Unblockables have almost no penalty, and can't be substituted out of. The only matches I rememeber losing are the ones where I am randomly getting hit by a jump in Y followed by a X because its only a 2 hit combo. Thus If you didn't block the initial hit it is an inevitable jutsu on you.

Though I can think of many ways to fix this game. Such as unblockables using chakra or the fact that there is actually down-time when spamming attacks.

Make it so you cannot substitute when your back is facing the opponent. And make the timing to substitue very strict. Also change your location of your jutsu depending on the direction you press B with so for example, ^B will substitute you behind the opponent in the air for an air attack.

It is very simple to have key balancing ideas when you actually look at half-decent fighting game. But ubisoft fails and all you see is more repetition than assasins creed. It is mind boggling.

Playing to win is always the #1 rule in my book. If there is an exploit or some type of abusable you have to go for it. When your time is on the line do your best.

Vesper I totally agree. This game doesn't have enough work into it to complete the fighting system yet. It's horribly unbalance but there is some sort of strategy to it:

-Cheap combos (unfortunately but when I learned the ^Y combos, I got about 5 of the characters in one day when the previous 3 took me about a month each)

-Knowing what to do in certain situations

Knowing what your opponent will do (pretty predictable) overlasting your opponenet etc.

I'm sorry to say because I used to be against cheap moves but when I figured out that's BY FAR the easiest way to win, I was just in it to get the achievements. I've never and probably won't until I beat everyone's FoD will ever go into the challenge rounds.

I got all the FoD achievements without doing combos. It is so flawed I seriously cannot believe they play tested this. I wanted to play this game for a challenge but instead it has just brought me grief. I can point out so many things that they should change to make it better that its hard to even think that someone actually thought this was ready for launch.

it wouldn't seem as bad if ppl would just play the way the game was intended you know play for fun and not just trying to get achievements especially since most of the ppl i've been facing r using the new characters, i have to tell every single one of them that they r wasting their time that its bugged. one guy stopped fighting cause he was pissed, anyway i've run across a few ppl who try to utilize the different combos in this game and i have some fun and pretty close matches, also if they weren't so afraid of losing then they wud fight with skill instead of chessy crap.

See that's where it gets weird for me. I don't like how unbalanced the gameplay is and such but for some reason, I get addicted to playing online. It's repetitive, lacking variety, and lots of other things but I still enjoy playing it and I don't see how.

That's how I was with DoA4, I say I hate fighting games because they can be the most agrivating games ever but for some reason I find myself playing them the most besides your average adventure game.

Edit: Vesper, I also had a similar thing happen in FoD. It was the day I learned about that ^Y combo and so I had about 4 people already. I decided to use Zabuza and I saw that he couldn't use that combo. I still won just by button mashing because he was so strong. That definately shows you that you can win by anyway. (My jaw dropped when you said you won with just grabs, that's pretty cool)

So far (from what I've heard) both of them don't work. The only new character that is working is Shikamaru. Chances are they will fix that later but it's probably all going to be done all at once. They will probably add more characters and instead of patching each one seperately, they will just get one big patch to fix the issue.

Ok Im sorry that Im just a little pissed at most people that keep use the same retarted button mashing ability and then yelling at you that you are cheap and not letting them hit you. But this game could have been very good if they would have just taken some more time on the main aspect of the game the fighting. Hey just look Dragon Ball z buduaki 3 was the prime example of a Anime Fighting game done right, Even Hardcore fighting game fans actually addmitting it was a solid fighting game. Like you said vesper they just needed to tweak a few things like the subustion and this could have make a great fighting game.

So far (from what I've heard) both of them don't work. The only new character that is working is Shikamaru. Chances are they will fix that later but it's probably all going to be done all at once. They will probably add more characters and instead of patching each one seperately, they will just get one big patch to fix the issue.

It's true that his achievement is unlocked after you beat the 5th round with him, the 15 points were accumulated with my total gamerscore in the beginning, but shortly after that were deducted again :uzi:. So his achievement isn't to be called 'working' at this moment.

Ya, SSBB is something that I'm psyched for. That sucks that the Shikamaru is glitchy too. I guess when I get my Xbox back I'll only go for Oroch and Kiba and then wait a little while.

Ya, they could have fixed it nice. I see why you can be mad now because of the rep situation. People get mad and everytime they lose, lower your rep in a process of 5 extra seconds. Those are the people that drive me mad. There were two times I did that and one guy was cussing me out during the game for now reason and the other guy I can't remember but probably the same thing.

I actually did get nice rep because I said 'good game' to someone. That made my day. :)

off the topic a bit, but SSBB got pushed back to March 9th, makes me cry a bit on the inside, but yes as far as rep, i tend to say good game at the end of every match, otherwise i just turn off my mic and scream at the tv. But 8/10 times i encounter someone NO ONE talks, i dunno why, it tends only to be the nice people that will talk.