giving up GROUND CONTROL

DMichaels86

SO after reaching round 26 today (and not to mention playing everyday since the dlc came out) and only tunnel 6 and 11 being excavated, and it delaying 10 rounds until another excavation occured my conclusion is: I TOTALLY GIVE UP. Im hoping treyarch will release a patch to make them come more frequently, because this is crap. :mad:

Edited by DMichaels86
typos, im sure there are more :P

Not sure if you've read other posts but you can stop it breaching the first time and if it goes to the same area a second time just leave it alone.

I.E. Say that Tunnel 6 is breaching, you hack before it does, wait a few rounds, it wants to breach Tunnel 6 again. This time you just let it be. You will still be able to get the achievement doing it this way.

If you play solo itll breach a lot more, maybe try that if you didnt already

Didnt know that, thx

I don't know about that. Today I got to round 31, there were maybe four breaches. Now playing at round 12, one breach.

edit: got it now, took me to round 19 and all breaches came one after the other, so three breaches...

Edited by HowManyBullets

I don't know about that. Today I got to round 31, there were maybe four breaches. Now playing at round 12, one breach.

I agree, as I have has similar experiences. It's totally random. When I finally got this stupid achievement (which should have been worth 60g to cap the game at 1750g instead of a stupid-looking 1700g lol), I got breaches at rounds 6,12, then the last one at 29. I played with one other person so we had a lot less zombies to worry about. Don't try this achievement with 4 ppl, as the number of zombies in the later rounds are insane and could cause you all to die while waiting for that last excavator. Good luck man, don't give up. I know exactly how you feel.

P.S. A patch to make them come more frequently would be kinda bogus lol. Think about it, once you get this achievement and wanna play Moon for fun, having to stop an excavator every 3 or so rounds would get kinda annoying :(

i got it yesterday solo and i think i was only at round 15/16...just blitzed through and turned power on in round 1 after racking up points....i was lucky i admit because each of the 3 areas went to breach one after the other...i suggest opening up all the areas and just hanging outside to survive...worked for me

I understand what your saying. Just like everyone else I was having big problems with this. Then I finally got it on round 15. Biodome,11,11 then 6. Didn't do anything different than before just finally got lucky. All I can say is don't give up. I thought about it but had to much time invested in it. Good luck.

So this is starting to take the piss now, round 30 solo, tunnel 6 breached 3 times, bio dome 4 times but not tunnel 11.

Can i leave the excavators in the breach position and still have another breach? i dont seem to get a second breach unless i hack the one that has already activated.

So this is starting to take the piss now, round 30 solo, tunnel 6 breached 3 times, bio dome 4 times but not tunnel 11.

Can i leave the excavators in the breach position and still have another breach? i dont seem to get a second breach unless i hack the one that has already activated.

Once you hacked one excavator you can let it breach next time and it still counts.

edit: got it now, took me to round 19 and all breaches came one after the other, so three breaches...

Well I always got the power on at round 4 or 5 and at latest at round 13 I had 3 breaches playing solo, and I did it like 4 or 5 times and noticed while playing co op it was much less frequent. Could've been coincidence though, never know.

SO after reaching round 26 today (and not to mention playing everyday since the dlc came out) and only tunnel 6 and 11 being excavated, and it delaying 10 rounds until another excavation occured my conclusion is: I TOTALLY GIVE UP. Im hoping treyarch will release a patch to make them come more frequently, because this is crap. :mad:

you'll probably hate this then. I turned on the power by the end of round 2. Round 3 got biodome, round 6 tunnel 6, round 11 tunnel 11.

got this 2 times in a row like in 2 separate games:drunk :woop:(yesterday)