darkburn

so i was getting pretty frustrated with this gambler challenge and so i did some light testing and came up with this,enjoy!

First off let me say that win/loses does make a difference, a sleight one but a difference none the less. secondly, If the birds start looping around outside the ring (you'll know it when you see it) 90% of the time you will lose no matter what your betting/picks/wins to loses.

Breeds Explained: each breed is a "class" just like in the combat Wei Shen fights every day. some have more health/damage/attack speed/block %. i am by no means a expert and have no factual data to back me up this is just what i have observed (different feather sprays,body damage, etc etc) This is what i have observed and this is what got me well over $4 Mil. HK.

Breeds: Langshen - striker

Jersey Giant - Grappler

Road island longhorn - Brawler

Brahama - Armed

Striker: beat grapplers but loses to brawlers or armed

Brawlers: beat strikers but lose to grapplers

Armed: beat brawlers or strikers but lose to grapplers

Grapplers: beat armed or brawlers but lose to strikers

So using this theory you get

Breed-Win-Lose

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Langshen- Giant-R.I.Longhorn/Brahma

R.I.Longhorn- Langshen-Giant

Brahma-R.I.Longhorn/Langshen-Giant

Giant- R.I.Longhorn/Brahma-Langshen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take this all with a Grain of salt and enjoy!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it didn't really work for me, what I eventually did was wait until i got a match which was something like 5 or 6 wins against 1 and then back the 5 or 6 ....usually won each fight then. If you get a match between 2 even birds then i pressed B to quit and then tried again.

see, now i did the opposite!! i bet on the one who only had 1 or 2 wins not the one with 4 or 5, and it won me 4 in a row, and i think it was 8 of 11 in total! it seems to be completely random.

Like i said in the guide wins/loses does make a difference. Like previously posted go for 1 win to 4-6 win and bet the lower. That coupled with the guide will have you winning all the time. My theory is birds with high wins have statdebuffs from previous fights. Opposing classes can still overcome this however.

Just mopping up now to get the golden awards, and what ive found is when theres a bird that has at least 3+ wins on the other bird it will win every time. So far I've won, saved, looked at the next fight if its 2-3 wins then ill quit back, go again and if the wins is 5-0 then bet on the bird ith 5 wins its worked 10 times in a row for me now.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to figure the strategy as well so I color coded your guide but found some interesting results.

Check my thread that I made.

Click here.

Breeds

Croad Langshan

Jersey Giant

Rhode Island Leghorn

Buckeye Brahma

Langshan beats Giant but loses to Leghorn and Brahma

Giant beats Brahama and Leghorn but loses to Langshan

Leghorn beats Langshan but loses to Giant

Brahma beats Leghorn and Langshan but loses to Giant

• 3 weeks later...
I am trying to figure the strategy as well so I color coded your guide but found some interesting results.

Check my thread that I made.

Click here.

Breeds

Croad Langshan

Jersey Giant

Rhode Island Leghorn

Buckeye Brahma

Langshan beats Giant but loses to Leghorn and Brahma

Giant beats Brahama and Leghorn but loses to Langshan

Leghorn beats Langshan but loses to Giant

Brahma beats Leghorn and Langshan but loses to Giant

It works really well, 10/10 wins!!

i was getting pretty frustrated with this gambler challenge and so i tested a theory while playing mahjong last night and these are the results:

- bet the max amount of money ($5000)

- play the game

- if you have the better hand then let the game finish

- if the computer has the better hand then cancel out of the game by hitt the "B" button and selecting "Yes" when it asks you if you're sure (you need to be quick as there's not much time to do this)

the upside to this strategy is that your net gambling performance stat will never decrease if this is done correctly.

the downside is that you will still lose the money that you bet when you cancel out of the game.

this is the fastest way to do this challenge and will help you towards getting the "Solid Silver" and "Pure Gold" achievements. if anyone else can find a better and faster way to do this challenge then please let us know.

I was chilling with my roommate showing him the game before I started playing the Nightmare in North Point DLC. He noticed the cock fighting and asked me to try it. I drove to the one where I knew it was high stakes just to see if I could attempt the achievement. Needless to say but I managed to get it on my first try and I'm so glad I don't' ever have to do it again. :woop:

• 2 months later...

Hey bro I came to thank you for giving me this hint.! I never knew about thatglitch which it was causing me so much trouble... now I got the gold I don't mind to bet on to that pissed off shit again jaja... thanks and happy 2013

Unfortunately this guide will not work for me.

This is such a bullshit part of the 100% achievement. I've just tried 15 fights in a row and lost every single one. 50/50 odds? I don't think so. I wouldn't mind so much but every time I reload I then have to drive to the bastard cock fights!! Does anybody know if there is a definite pattern? Rant over!

EDIT: Never mind, I decided to give it 1 more go and on my 16th fight the pattern in the guide above emerged for the subsequent 6 fights, which was enough for me to get gold on top of my mahjong wins.

Edited by Rev0Knuckle

• 3 weeks later...