PS3 Trophies SHOULD = XBox Original Ach. Points

RTyPE9

We all know that MicroSoft has pretty much given the cold shoulder when it comes to allowing gamers to gain achievement points on its original library releases, but one would think that if Sony can go back and allow for older titles (hence maintaining that 70% of its library) to have trophies, why can't MS do the same. I'm not saying that MS should give us 200-1000 points for original copies of the games, but rather the OG stuff they offer for purchase. The argument it why spend $10 on a game we've played before with no reward.....I'm more likely to spend that on Rockband DLC....

For once, MS should take a look at the Sony and see what they can steal (or steal back) from them to up the ante.....Discuss, if you want.

Technically Sony isn't reaching into its stash of "older titles" since they're all on the current system anyway. They're not going back and adding them per se, it's more catching up to MS than anything else.

MS have already stated it'd be more work than it's worth to go back at this point.

Still the ability to do so looms.......

well before MS achievement system people played games just to play games..so why cant u just play the game to enjoi it..

I do play games for the fun of them...BUT why spend money to play something that I've beaten 1 or 2 times, and probably own the disc to. In essence, the OD Games, are like more challenging, longer Xbox Live Arcade Games.

Also, a lot of the fun of the current generation of gaming is showing off your gamerscore or trophies....otherwise a forum like this would be just another gaming forum.

Why else would all of us PS3 owners go and buy Super StarDust HD?

Edited by RTyPE9

Well, I admit if the XBOX Originals had achievements, I'd be more likely to buy them. And, correct me if I'm wrong, the PS3 will give you trophies for stuff you've already done based on your saved games?? I'm not sure how I feel about that. The lack of achievements for Originals isn't a big thing but I'd like it. Don't have enough time to play the 360 games I have now, though.