Fractal Fanatic Madness

Motrahtox

I did the first fractal achievement and it wasnt so bad. I think I had to do 20 puzzles or so within the puzzle to complete it.

Later today I decide to do the 3 level version of a fractal puzzle and man is it an ass kicker. Its gonna take forever to get the Fractal Fanatic achievement because it requires you to do 521 puzzles or so to complete a puzzle. I chose "Playground since theres so many colors and figured it'd make it easier."

Kinda reminds me of going for the endless mode achievement in Bejeweled 2, but to a lesser extent.

I guess Im just glad you can save you progress on a puzzle in this game.

Edited by Motrahtox
Correction

For the 3 layer, I went with the one on the Sci-Fi download pack that has all the covers. There are a lot of words on that one to make it a little easier...but man this is going to be one time consuming achievement...my vote for next year's awards :)

Sci-Fi download pack, is this on the US Marketplace? Because I don't see it.

Wow dude I did that same Toledo picture in 4 hours 15 minutes.

Did I miss a trick or overlook an option somewhere, some way of making it faster or easier?

I had over 400 puzzles to do ranging from 19 to 29 pieces, going on a straight 400 with an average or 24 pieces per puzzle that works out at a total of 9600 pieces.

Just doing a few quick calculations, your time of 4 hours 15 mins = 15300 seconds would equate to a successful piece connection every 1.6 seconds.

I couldn't even make my cursor move fast enough to do it that fast!

And even if I could that would have allowed no room for trial and error on puzzles with minimal colour variation, it would have to be a perfecrt match every time.

I'm not saying i disbelieve your time, I'm just curious as to how you managed it!

im guessing u went on classic mode?

its much faster on turbo

Good guess, I was looking thru the achievements trying to decide if I should do this one or Kilopiece Colossus first, for some reason I had it in mind that this had to be done in classic mode as well. NowI do feel stupid!!

Will going for the 3 layer fractal unlock the 2 layer one too?

No, I did 3 level first and only got the one achievement.

Thanks in advance to the one who mentioned doing it on turbo. I was trying in classic at first and it took about 2 hours to do 80 puzzles out of the 521.

Last night I restarted on turbo mode and did 20 or so puzzles out of the 521 in about 5 minutes, so just doing the quick math I can already see how much faster this will be.

Thanks in advance to the one who mentioned doing it on turbo. I was trying in classic at first and it took about 2 hours to do 80 puzzles out of the 521.

Last night I restarted on turbo mode and did 20 or so puzzles out of the 521 in about 5 minutes, so just doing the quick math I can already see how much faster this will be.

Indeed it's faster on turbo, 2h53m using the 'regeneration' puzzle.

2 hours 10 minutes and 15 seconds?

Edited by Apple

a quick question.

I just spent 3 hrs 20 minutes trying to get this achievement.

settings I used:

single player

fractal puzzles

puzzle: Regenerating

construction mode: TURBO

experience level: BEGINNER

preset: BIG

and it said: complete a 3-level fractal puzzle with 16 pieces on the first level-

I got no achievement!!

did I do something wrong?

think it was 417 fractions in total

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
For the 3 layer, I went with the one on the Sci-Fi download pack that has all the covers. There are a lot of words on that one to make it a little easier...but man this is going to be one time consuming achievement...my vote for next year's awards :)

I got this chieve but yeah the worse achievements ever.

• 2 weeks later...
i cant find a lvl 3 fractal on my game??????? im soooo lost and theres only 10 puzzles to choose from, did i miss something?

I had the same problem, looking for level 3 fractals. Most puzzles only allow level 2 fractal, I guess. Try playground, that one is a lvl3 (I'm doing this at the moment....3 hours in 200 minipuzzles left pff)