What were you playthrough choices?

R Miller 69

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

- I chose to save Shawn but hen I realize he does either way I copped out and went back to my autosave to save Duck.

- I have the gun because she was dead anyway.

- I save Carly because I felt more connection to her after the Motor Inn mission. I liked the other character but had not had enough time with him to choose him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

1. Daytime (looking out for the safety of Clementine)

2. Lied to Hershel (he walked me right into it...I didn't mean to really "lie" to him...I just didn't want him finding out about the arrest to avoid unnecessary drama, but he found out anyway...I figured a white lie would help in avoiding all that, but his whole "leaving Atlanta WITH someone" question totally tripped me up. He gave me an attitude when I asked for help anyway, so screw him)

3. Shawn (felt like he would be more help to me down the road as opposed to a "dumb as a sack of hammers" kid)

4. Side with Kenny (fuck Larry...insensitive asshole...it was obvious Duck didn't get bit...and I was there to witness it, not him...old, senile hag)

5. Gave Irene the Gun (no sense in leaving her to suffer if she's already condemned to death really...)

6. Carley (good shot, viewed her as a more valuable asset when compared to Doug)

1. Daytime.

This was the only sensible choice. Who knows if the zombies can see in the dark or not? I'd rather be able to see them myself so I can avoid them than wait until nighttime when MAYBE they can see me and I can't see them.

2. Told the truth to Hershel(sp?).

I saw no reason to actually lie to the guy. It's the freakin' end of the world, what is there to be gained by being dishonest? At least if you're honest about it, people will remember it and can even defend you about it.

3. I saved Shawn.

There was no easy way out here or logical thing to do. But, I figured since the kid had ran Shawn over with the tractor and hadn't tried to get off the thing and away himself (and it was likely a miracle he was strong enough to even RESIST being drug off at that point in time... Little kids are NOT stronger than zombies). I just figured that the kid was expendible at that point and it'd probably be better to be appreciated by the guy who owns the place than hated by him.

4. I apparantly sided with Larry when I chose to "reason things out".

I did choose the next option though to be loyal to Kenny. No clue how this is "siding with Larry", but whatever. I got other episodes to go where I can be all "buddy buddy" with Kenny later. Besides, he came back to save me anyway, so it must not have been that bad.

5. I didn't give the gun.

This is another obvious choice. In a normal situation, I would have offed her. However, there's no option to hack her up with the axe. Giving her the gun would have been monumentally stupid since we'd already established a bit earlier on that gunfire attracts zombies. Loud noise attracts zombies. She kills herself, and then what? It puts us in danger just so she can check out? There are safer ways to let a lady off herself. Gunshots in a zombie apocalypse are not one of them.

6. I saved Doug.

Obvious choice, but the game apparantly decides to screw you on it. Lady has a gun, only her leg is grabbed. She can easily SHOOT the zombie grabbing her, or beat its brains in with the gun she's holding. Instead, she's staring at you like a freakin' moron. Doug, on the other hand, is grabbed by a window, trying to be pulled through with no way to actually help himself. In a game that takes logic into account... Well, the lady would've saved herself, not stand there like a moron and get munched. But, what do I expect from someone who has no idea what batteries are, no idea how to read how to put batteries in, and no idea to even CHECK for batteries. If she couldn't save herself when she was perfectly able to, then I do not mind that she bit the dust. With that level of idiocy, it'd only be a matter of time before she got some of US killed.

1. Daylight - Sounded like the safer way to go.

2. Lied to Hershel - I thought it would be the best to avoid drama and greater distrust.

3. Saved Duck - You know, he's just a little child and I thought he has his whole life ahead of him.

4. I tried reasoning with Larry, but:

That is what I don't get, how are you siding with Larry by reasoning with him? It's not like your siding with him and throwing Ducky out into the streets.

5. Didn't give her the gun - Actually I thought it wouldn't be a great idea giving an obviously distraught person our only gun.

6. Saved Carley - Like mentioned above, she's good with a gun and I thought that's a valuable skill for the group.

(Carly knows my secret, so in order for it to stay hidden let her get killed.

Wow, that's cold-blooded :D.

1. Daylight - seemed safer

2. Lied - who would trust a criminal?

3. Tried to save Shawn, thought he would be more useful than a bratty kid.

4. Sided with Kenny - I hate old people

5. Didn't give her the gun. Didn't want to waste the ammo.

6. Saved Carly. Chivalry isn't dead yet.

Cannot wait to carry on with this game. And at the first opportunity, (i hope this arises) I'm going to beat the living daylights out of the old goat Larry.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Searched for help during the day
  2. Gave Hershel honest answers yet he acted as if I lied
  3. Saved Duck
  4. Sided with Kenny
  5. Gave Irene the gun
  6. Saved Carly

Though I do regret saving Duck and wasting that bullet on Irene. I mean, I went through all that effort just to discover that she'd been bitten already? It was already wasted time, so there was no need to waste something else.

Episode 1 choices below

[spoiler=1]

1. Searched for help during day-time (night-time seems more dangerous to me)

2. Lied (You're still a wanted convict)

3. Saved the kid 'Duck' (Kids first)

4. Sided with Kenny (I hate the other guy)

5. Didn't gave the gun (Thought he maybe kill her silently)

6. Saved the girl (She is a good shot and maybe she could have saved Doug)

• 2 months later...

1.Daytime

Honesty

Lied to Hershel? - You and 63% of players told the truth

Who would you save?

Duck or Shawn? - You and 47% of players chose Shawn

Loyalty

Side with Kenny? - You and 48% of players defended Kenny

Mercy

Gave Irene the gun? - You and 45% of players gave her the gun

Who wold you save?

Doug or Carley? - You and 23% of players chose Doug.

• 3 weeks later...

Lied to Hershel? Me and 63% of players told the truth. - I chose to tell the truth to Hershel because people have to trust you to be a friend. Being honest will make it more likely for people to always believe in you, no matter what.

As Hershel said and I quote, "You're going to have to depend on the honesty of strangers if you're going to make it. And if those same people get to questioning yours, you're going to be in trouble."

Duck or Shawn? Me and 49% of players chose Duck. - I chose to save Duck over Shawn because kids always come first in my book.

Side with Kenny? Me and 48% of players defended Kenny. - I chose to defend Kenny because Larry was arguing for killing a kid without solid evidence that Duck had been bitten.

Gave Irene the gun? Me and 55% of players refused the gun. - I chose to refuse to give the gun to Irene because people can't be giving up yet.

Doug or Carley? Me and 76% of players chose Carley. - I chose to save Carley over Doug because she's a good shot and she seemed like a very trustworthy person. I say that she seemed like a very trustworthy person because she was willing to keep Lee's past a secret from everybody else to prevent conflict amongst the group.

Edited by Andre16182

• 5 months later...

1. Daytime - It's safer that way.

2. Apparently I lied to Hershel according to the game, but I was trying to tell him the truth. I must have chosen a wrong option somewhere without realizing it. :/

3. Saved Duck - He's a defenseless kid, an I thought I was going to be able to save Shawn afterwards

4. Sided with Kenny - I dislike Larry; the guy is an asshole.

5. Gave Irene the Gun - She was going to die either way, and she didn't want to turn into a zombie. I respected her wishes and gave it to her.

6. Saved Doug - He seemed really helpless, plus Carley should have been able to save herself. Honestly, I thought she was rather stupid...how does someone not know how to check if something has batteries or not? She was also dumb enough to not put them in the right way either.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Nighttime - I reasoned that giving Lee a bit of time to rest his injured leg would improve his mobility. I have not watched the show or read the comics as of this post, so I didn't know better.

2. Lied to Hershel - I didn't even realize this was a choice at the time, but I get the impression that this choice was intended to be a hint that what you say has consequences down the line. Either way, I appreciated the advice.

3. Saved Duck - Duck is only a kid. Even if he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, he didn't deserve to die for it. Of course, I didn't know that Shawn dies regardless of your choice.

4. Sided with Kenny - As understandable as Larry's concerns are, I had seen for myself what had happened to Duck. I'd try to reason with him, but that doesn't mean I'd let him domineer the group.

5. Gave the gun to Irene - Becoming a walker is irreversible, so it would be inhumane to draw out her suffering. I felt that forcing Carley to do it was wrong, but I would have ended her pain with whatever method was available.

6. Saved Carley - I thought that giving Carley the ammo she needed would allow her to rescue Doug. As for her not knowing about the batteries, Doug shouting was a poor decision as well, so that's a wash. Furthermore, I felt it was unwise to risk incurring Larry's ire any more than I already had.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...