Which Game Should I Buy - DD or DD:DA

Yokuo X

That's a lot of "D"'s.

I'm considering getting this game, but since the original game and Dark Arisen share the same achievement list, I was wondering which would be the better game to get.

Also, I died in the countryside demo (even though I rocked the prologue demo). Is that bird really that hard or did I just miss something in the control system?

Anyway, thanks for any help.

That's a lot of "D"'s.

I'm considering getting this game, but since the original game and Dark Arisen share the same achievement list, I was wondering which would be the better game to get.

Also, I died in the countryside demo (even though I rocked the prologue demo). Is that bird really that hard or did I just miss something in the control system?

Anyway, thanks for any help.

From what I understand Dark Arisen is an éxpansion pack with no added achievements (God knows why) but regardless if it's for achievements, the standard one should do (correct me if I am wrong guys).

Dark Arisen isn't just an expansion pack. Gameplay and Graphics have been improved, not only does it contain the new Bitterblack Isle DLC (which is fun, even if it has no achievements attached to it) it also contains all of the old DLC you could get for the original (again 0 achievements). The biggest improvement by far of course is the improvement to fast travel. It's a lot cheaper and more accessible.

I would suggest getting Dark Arisen over the original to anyone thinking of playing Dragon's Dogma.

Edited by SpinelesS

There is 100% no reason not to get Dark Arisen. I don't really get your question anyway. With Dark Arisen you get the whole original DD anyway and most of of the DLC packs and then they've gone in and made loads of in-game tweaks and changes to make it a better game. Plus it's the only way to play the new Bitterblack Isle content, even if you get the original game it's not available as DLC. I've rambled on, but to summarize, I don't see why you would ever consider getting the original over what is essentially a GOTY edition for around the same price.

Edited by Uchiha Miek

• 1 month later...

Wanna throw a few thumb ups for the people that posted on this thread. I just started playing Dragon's Dogma yesterday... I am in love with it already and, as a direct result of this thread, I ordered Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen just so I get this extra content and game functionality before I really dig into it! Thanks again for the heads up!!

• 9 months later...

Late to the party on this thread... but, I got the original game in a swap and so, that's the version I've been playing. I have to say that I'm a bit overwhelmed by the size of the world and the inaccessibility to fast travel. I realize I can buy a ferrystone for 20k gold, but they're one shot use and expensive. Is this the predicament I'm stuck in, or does it get better?

Late to the party on this thread... but, I got the original game in a swap and so, that's the version I've been playing. I have to say that I'm a bit overwhelmed by the size of the world and the inaccessibility to fast travel. I realize I can buy a ferrystone for 20k gold, but they're one shot use and expensive. Is this the predicament I'm stuck in, or does it get better?

If you start Dark Arisen with an original Dragon's Dogma save it will give you an infinite ferrystone which is pretty handy. I've just started this game too and bought the DA version in the sale the other week. I borrowed a copy of the original from a friend at work to make an initial save before switching over. There are a load of other perks and tweaks DA added, you really want that version if you can get hold of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...