Another Chance for NXE

v SnOwMaN v

Another chance to get NXE early:

I mentioned this on my last show, but now it’s time to make it happen. This week we took a look at the list of the thousands of Xbox LIVE members that originally signed up for the preview program and decided it’s time to add more members. That means that on November 8th (tomorrow) we’re going to be adding more folks to the New Xbox Experience Preview Program. If you are chosen, you will receive an email later tonight (check that spam folder!) followed by the update tomorrow evening (PT). We’re only pulling names from those that originally signed up (there is no way to sign up if you missed it, sorry) and this selection process will be at random from those that previously filled out the Connect Program Survey from my original post. The New Xbox Experience will be available to all Xbox LIVE members on November 19th.

Source

I got in and it's loading now.... I know it's stupid but I feel nervous..

There's no going back if I don't like it.

Uhh..... So.. if you have an old theme, the picture never changes as you cycle through stuff and only ever changes if you actually enter into that menu.

AND the entire bottom half of the picture is cut off most of the time? Is there a way to get rid of that absolutely f-ing horrendous looking gray blob on the bottom?

And the new sounds are so annoying!!! These new sounds are far more loud and intrusive. Is there a way to change them?

Crap.... I think I already am liking the old dashboard better.

Also has anyone noticed how grainy some of the text looks?

Edited by Lucent Beam

Ive been messing with the NXE and I LOVE it. There are a couple of things that I'm not too happy about, such as not being to change the color of any clothing whatsoever, but the goods outweigh the bad. Even though I haven't done everything, I'm digging it.

I'm going to have to get another hard drive b/c the feature that I was excited the most about (besides the 'delete 0 gamerscore' feature) is installing games on the hard drive. I can only put one game on my 20 gb hard drive because of all my game saves and downloaded content. I chose Mass Effect because I felt like the game would run better on the hard drive. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to actually play the game yet, but the loading was definitely slightly quicker.

EDIT: I just realized the custom photo of my avatar is in my sig! It doesn't actually display on other people's xboxes yet.