P1NSEEKER

How should SOTF be judged  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How should SOTF be judged

• Public poll
    • Private poll (pm's)
    • Stay the same.
    • Another way (please post details)

Use a mix of public polling and judge selection.

Either have all of the entries voted on to select a final [number of finalists], these are then judged by random, secret judges (possibly change them every so often).

Or have the judges as mentioned above select the finalists and then put it down to a public poll. Maybe the entries shouldn't come with the creators' names, so it isn't down to popularity.

Or have the judges as mentioned above select the finalists and then put it down to a public poll. Maybe the entries shouldn't come with the creators' names, so it isn't down to popularity.
This is a good idea, having it strictly be a public poll wouldn't work. It would come down to a popularity contest. You could have someone with no talent like myself win simply because Zef and all the Zefanics think I'm pure Awesomeness.

gotta say i love the entry 1, entry 2 idea. the names definitely shouldn't be included, because when it does come down to it, it will be a popularity contest. hate to throw P1N for a loop with this idea, but i was thinking the public poll should be by, say, PM's. i know that is extremely difficult but seeing the results can and probably will influence votes.

Ok how about this: Each entry will be pm'd to me. After the deadline 3 finalists will be picked. Then a thread featuring the 3 finalists (which will be anonymous) will be posted and people are then allowed to vote on them publicly. Good/bad idea?

The best idea, in my opinion.

Ok how about this: Each entry will be pm'd to me. After the deadline 3 finalists will be picked. Then a thread featuring the 3 finalists (which will be anonymous) will be posted and people are then allowed to vote on them publicly. Good/bad idea?

That's a great idea!!!

You should also make its required for everyone that enterd to vote for the best (not there own) one so there is a definate number of votes for the 2 weeks