It's pretty good

Got my copy yesterday and am enjoying it so far - it's pretty different from the first game, in some ways it feels better and in others not as much fun.

The lack of discussion on here about it is pretty disappointing though; I know it's only out in the UK today and not for another week in the US, but there's usually a bit more buzz about games than this. Maybe they'd do better to release games like this at the start of the summer when the release schedule is less busy since there's some very big franchises out from September to November.

I Played it for a couple of hours and have to say its great fun.

The first one was great fun and basically a Mario Kart Clone and this one

has some mixed elements of them both and some of N64`s Diddy Kong Racing (anyone remember that great game?).

It all looks colourfull and the tracks will remind you of the old great SEGA games plus it plays well and with plenty of things to unlock this will definitly takes longer to complete than the first one.

I think its because all the big releases this time a year and even an other karting game(F1 Race Stars) this game might be overlooked but if you want a great fun game one that reminds you off older days and one that is reasonably priced you really cant go wrong with this one.

Edited by Johan

I hope it doesn't get overlooked due to F1 Race Stars, i got both today and by far in my opinion Sonic All Stars is hands down the better game especially at the price of £29.99 vs £39.99 this was in GAME ofc. I love the soundtrack and like you said John the tracks are colourful and pretty retro looking plus the updated return of soem of the old tracks is good too.

I prefer Sonic All Stars over Mario as its a more rounded game due to no blue shell, i feel the All Star Power isn't to much over powered but certainly a advantage while getting it plus it isnt to much a problem to the player in 1st place. I always hated Mario Kart for being in 1st thru out the entire race and coming in to the last part of the race i was blue shelled over and over.

Any word if Ryo from Shenume is in this one, I'm no long started so I dont see all the characters in it yet

its brilliant, so much to unlock for motivation and hard is actually quite hard sometimes, the traffic challenge....

I'm glad some else thinks it's hard at times...

I tried a few of the event's even on medium and lost...

But it is pretty good fun game and like you pointed out, there's lots to unlock...

I'm just glad i got two little enthusiastic girl's willing to jump-in and help....

It's nice to have little helpers at times :woop:

Edit: Also what is you need to "Earned your B Class License" etc, as it does seem to say any where, the first game you need 'Sega Miles'..

So i'm guessing you need 'exp' this time, if so how much for each License?

Edited by DjBatfink

Edit: Also what is you need to "Earned your B Class License" etc, as it does seem to say any where, the first game you need 'Sega Miles'..

So i'm guessing you need 'exp' this time, if so how much for each License?

i am at world tour, world 3 now and have done everything on hard so far, meaning i got 3 stars everytime.

i think B license unlocked for me in the middle of world 2 around 40 stars.

So is your license progress solely based on your stars?

well i can´t say for sure but the only thing you get in world tour are stars. i´ll play some more now and keep an eye on my stars when i hopefully get rank a soon.

could be the star coins, or overall stats too, since i am sure you are able to rank up online too.

i am at world tour, world 3 now and have done everything on hard so far, meaning i got 3 stars everytime.

i think B license unlocked for me in the middle of world 2 around 40 stars.

I think your right that it goes by the stars you earn, but i had unlocked "B" at about 30 stars....

I been playing Sonic in World Tour and it's capped out at 15000 exp, plus i still got one more Mod to unlock for Sonic...

I'm on World 5, but playing on easy at first....

So i think that the unlock's must go by the amount of Star's you earn.....

Edit: I've just seen that i had to unlocked the last Mod with stars on the World Tour Map......

Edited by DjBatfink

I think your right that it goes by the stars you earn, but i had unlocked "B" at about 30 stars....

I been playing Sonic in World Tour and it's capped out at 15000 exp, plus i still got one more Mod to unlock for Sonic...

I'm on World 5, but playing on easy at first....

So i think that the unlock's must go by the amount of Star's you earn.....

Edit: I've just seen that i had to unlocked the last Mod with stars on the World Tour Map......

yeah you unlock super-kits (although they all suck so far) with stars.

damn i am at the end of world 3 only 2 races left and have 78 stars, to unlock night who is on the same world you need 80 stars lol.

i wonder if you unlock expert if you beat everything on hard AND if you only get either the 3 star license or a character ONLY if you have every star. i hope thats the case because i want to play this game longer and others should too. ^^

Edit: just ranked up to A, so it has to be either 94, 95 or 96 stars, my guess is 95.

Edited by CoregBlue1

I'm at 152 stars IIRC, still only got the A license. There is a character that is unlocked by reaching 160 stars. The only way you can reach 160 is by playing on expert, so there is certainly a lot of motivation to continue playing.

Apparently you can unlock expert by winning the 5 grand prix on hard, I didn't know until a few hours ago so I kind of wasted time going through the world tour on hard. Still, no biggie, that unlocked it too and I guess I'm well prepared for expert... except for the traffic challenges which are fucked. It took me over an hour to beat the JSR traffic challenge on expert, you need to have a near perfect run.

Edited by Shelton

I'm at 152 stars IIRC, still only got the A license. There is a character that is unlocked by reaching 160 stars. The only way you can reach 160 is by playing on expert, so there is certainly a lot of motivation to continue playing.

Apparently you can unlock expert by winning the 5 grand prix on hard, I didn't know until a few hours ago so I kind of wasted time going through the world tour on hard. Still, no biggie, that unlocked it too and I guess I'm well prepared for expert... except for the traffic challenges which are fucked. It took me over an hour to beat the JSR traffic challenge on expert, you need to have a near perfect run.

so are there characters to unlock in grand-prix too?

also how do you do a turbo start? i only get the red one.

You unlock expert when you get to the end of the World tour. As in unlocking the Superstar Showdown. You don't need to complete all of them on hard mode. Trouble is 1 character needs 165 stars...

I'v nearly done all of the races and challenges on hard mode and only have 150 stars. And most of the challenges even on hard mode, made me do a ton of swearing.

I can't see me getting another 15 stars. Those traffic challenges on hard are evil, so I can only imagine how hard they would be on expert!.

Btw, it looks like the last thing to unlock needs 200 stars lol. Good luck! :eek:

Ps. I think they went a bit overboard with the difficulty with this game. Hard mode is difficult enough, for world tour and time trials. (Some of the expert ghosts, only 1 person on the leaderboards has managed to beat!).

This game puts the difficulty of games like Motorstorm to shame! :eek:

Edited by MadDragon360

Ps. I think they went a bit overboard with the difficulty with this game. Hard mode is difficult enough, for world tour and time trials. (Some of the expert ghosts, only 1 person on the leaderboards has managed to beat!).

This game puts the difficulty of games like Motorstorm to shame! :eek:

it is tough but i am glad since people need dedication and skill in this one on hard/expert difficulty.

Just noticed Expert event achieve aswell. I'm only on the 2nd world but been doing it on hard, do I have to go back and re-do the first world, etc or is it only the later levels that have expert?

Hopefully not been wasting my time, they aren't easy considering it's a kids game. -_-

well kids won´t play it on hard :p

i am pretty sure every event will get one more star.

also how do you do a turbo start? i only get the red one.

This game is awesome.

Loved the first one and this one is even better.

To do a Turbo Start I've been pulling the trigger in time with the countdown.

3... 2... 1... pull (in time with the countdown).

Get it right and you fly off the startline.

The missus loves this as well and can't get enough of it.

Az

Yup, done it for myself now. Gotta get 95 stars to get through world 5 gate, then can choose expert on all levels.

Glad I read this sooner than later, would have spent the whole game playing on hard just to redo it on expert.

well after doing everything on hard until world 6 i can say that i know every track by heart thanks to the retrys.

also expert isn´t harder, at least in the races, its just like mirror cup. just finished my first race on expert.

i know the challenges are going to be a pain in the ass now though.

Edit: no not even the challenges are harder imo, just done the traffic challenge in world 6 and won although i crashed 4 times, its also just mirror, same as mario kart.

Edit 2: well forget the traffic challenges, the sprint challenges are a nightmare, you have to be 4 seconds faster than on hard!

Edit 3: i just panicked when i read it on the select screen but turns out its much easier with turbo.

This game is awesome.

Loved the first one and this one is even better.

To do a Turbo Start I've been pulling the trigger in time with the countdown.

3... 2... 1... pull (in time with the countdown).

Get it right and you fly off the startline.

The missus loves this as well and can't get enough of it.

Az

i can´t do it, no idea. so i do i pull when everytime a number comes up or do you mean when the just when the 1 disappears?

Edited by CoregBlue1

I played through on hard all the way through raging on those god damned traffic levels. Then i unlocked expert mode. I'm sure you know how i felt. The only bright side to that is after replaying all the missions i know every corner and little jump i can get a boost from which has made expert races feel like easy mode. (The traffic ones did not get easier however so keep those evil missions in mind)

i can´t do it, no idea. so i do i pull when everytime a number comes up or do you mean when the just when the 1 disappears?

You want to pull the trigger in time with the announcement of the count down.

3 - Pull and release

2 - Pull and release

1 - Pull and release

0 - Pull and hold - This is your boost start.

Hope that helps.

Az