Why is this game getting a bad wrap?

KFZ Scrubs

I only think people dont really like it because of two things

1. Multiplayer

2. Achievements

Thats all thats really wrong with the game from the looks of it.

i would say that there is a 3rd reason people don't/won't like it, which is also a big reason why alot of people hated RE6. i seen a review that said there is a large amount of QTE's in the game, which imo qte's rune a game rather than make it more enjoyable, the more qte's in the game the more it is disliked

i would say that there is a 3rd reason people don't/won't like it, which is also a big reason why alot of people hated RE6. i seen a review that said there is a large amount of QTE's in the game, which imo qte's rune a game rather than make it more enjoyable, the more qte's in the game the more it is disliked

There are not a lot of QTEs apparently that reviewer thinks any QTEs is too much. I understand your point but the QTEs in this game are nothing like the ones in RE6. The ones in Tomb Raider are mostly just 1 button and you don't have to ruin your joystick to beat TR. The QTEs really do add to the excitement of TR because they didn't over do them and they are only in places where you would normally just be watching an animation and not interacting with the game. They aren't intrusive either. To even mention RE6 QTEs in the same sentence of TR QTEs could very well be classified as gross incompetence for comparing the best (TR) use of QTEs with the worst (RE6). That's how different they are. With that said I liked RE6 QTEs all but the fact that just playing through the game twice completely destroyed my right thumb stick.

Edited by rapture23

I think people dislike it, because it tries too hard to be something that it's not. That's something like Uncharted. It's not really a survival game either, given the features they put inside the game.

I'm guessing they wanted to cash in on a very large crowd.

That is a pretty harsh conclusion, it must be because the Uncharted series was the first to be a cinematic adventure that combined combat with puzzle based platforming elements... If you are going to use this type of debate, then you must not be happy with anything past like 1990, because that is really all games are, the natural progression of borrowing elements that work and updating them to the technology of thier day. The next time we see a truely unique game that can honestly say they didn't borrow any elements of thier game from anything else will probably be never. I haven't played it yet, because I don't steal/mod/pirate, so I will reserve my actual comparision until then, but from what I have seen so far, this Tomb Raider is borrowing just as much from Uncharted as Uncharted origonally borrowed from Tomb Raider. Where Uncharted had a simialr setting to Tomb Raider with a different gamestyle, this Tomb Raider has a similar style with a completely different setting/story. Seems fair to me. But if you want to get technical, Tomb Raider borrowed from Indiana Jones, who borrowed from ..... well I will just stop there, cause I could trace that back to 1888, and that is without research.

People are going to dislike it because that is what people do. They HAVE to find something to complain about in every game/movie/book/story that ever exists. The problem is that the majority of people that don't like it have to voice thier opinions on it, while it is the minority of people that like it (this is with anything) that say they like it. That old saying where people that have a good experience with something will tell 2 people while people that have a bad experience will tell 10, it applies to the internet as well.

Edited by Midnight Malice

I loved this game. I've been a fan of the Tomb Raider series since the beginning. After TR3 it went down hill a bit but then Legend and Underworld made up for that.

I don't know if anyone else feels this... but the story is almost a direct copy of the series Lost, played by characters from the Tomb Raider universe... that's not a bad thing in my book by the way.

At first this felt like a very fresh game to me, but as i got more and more through the game, you slowly begin to realise it's got some classic tomb raider elements.

Don't know what the bad press is about (except the multiplayer, as that sux) but the 1 player game it one of the best games i've played in a long long while.

I loved this game. I've been a fan of the Tomb Raider series since the beginning. After TR3 it went down hill a bit but then Legend and Underworld made up for that.

At first this felt like a very fresh game to me, but as i got more and more through the game, you slowly begin to realise it's got some classic tomb raider elements.

Don't know what the bad press is about (except the multiplayer, as that sux) but the 1 player game it one of the best games i've played in a long long while.

Totally agree on this one. I'm so in love with this game right now. After playing Dead Space 3 I was like "hmmmm", then Crysis 3 like "ok" but with this one...oh boy this game is a MUST BUY and definitely a GOTY candidate. Graphics are nice, Lara is hot, controls are easy, story is great and yeah MP sucks but the game was worth every single dime!

Totally agree on this one. I'm so in love with this game right now. After playing Dead Space 3 I was like "hmmmm", then Crysis 3 like "ok" but with this one...oh boy this game is a MUST BUY and definitely a GOTY candidate. Graphics are nice, Lara is hot, controls are easy, story is great and yeah MP sucks but the game was worth every single dime!

So basically, Tomb Raider is back then? I've played every single one, and the later outputs really weren't that great (I thought Underworld was really poor). This one however does look awesome. Cannot wait till it drops through my door.

So basically, Tomb Raider is back then? I've played every single one, and the later outputs really weren't that great (I thought Underworld was really poor). This one however does look awesome. Cannot wait till it drops through my door.

Yes it is. Just turn your back on the MP and everything is fine. I also played every released Tomb Raider game since 1996. The latest installment might not be the best out of all series (can't beat the classics) but it's still a great game. I enjoyed every minute so far and yes even the collectibles are fun.

Give it a chance guys.

Cheers Blaze. My excitement level just raised a notch. It's so good to see that they've put the series back on track. The early games are an absolutely essential piece of gaming history in my opinion.

You're welcome I only hope you will enjoy as much as I do (fingers crossed). On a side-note although it does not make it a good game right away but it has become the first Tomb Raider game to be given an "M" (Mature) rating and also the first Tomb Raider game to be rated "18+".

I LOVE IT!

I just brought the game home from work today and after 2-3 hrs of gameplay... I say it's pretty good. It's a far improvement from the previous TR games. Not linear.. good story.... and most of all.. fun to play.

I'm still early into it, but I'm throwing a 8.5/10 out there as my early score... I'd say worth the price (all based on campaign only so far)

Yeah, I was left missing something with DS3...Just waay to linear and not as creepy as the previous ones. Crysis was a good run through. I expected it to be a bit bad, but it wasn't. I liked it!

This game tho based on coming off of those 2 is a blast of fresh air! GOTY... maybe, still early inthe year and 10 9 more months of titles.. But right now if there were voted for game of the first Quarter.. definately a favorite to win or come in 2nd.

As for folks complaining about cheeves... Are these the same people who bought games before Cheeves were around???? Play the game.. get what you can, replay if you want, MP if you must. It's worth the price... Cheeves or not!

It's a Park Up event, and it takes place the same place as the meetup.We are looking forward to work for you.http://www.web-music.info/1.jpg

http://www.web-music.info/28.jpg

http://www.web-music.info/3.jpg

http://www.web-music.info/5.jpg

http://www.web-music.info/4.jpg

http://www.web-music.info/29.jpg

It is not correct forum you look for like this. You should go to off-topic general forum here or other sites for look for someone to work with you. Lol

Yeah, I was left missing something with DS3...Just waay to linear and not as creepy as the previous ones. Crysis was a good run through. I expected it to be a bit bad, but it wasn't. I liked it!

This game tho based on coming off of those 2 is a blast of fresh air! GOTY... maybe, still early inthe year and 10 9 more months of titles.. But right now if there were voted for game of the first Quarter.. definately a favorite to win or come in 2nd.

Yeah well that's why I said "candidate" and not winner!

Hi i picked up my game Sunday so far im loving it its very good and Graphics a and story is good also :p im going to rate this 9/10 it cant be as bad as some reviews say lol :eek: checK IGN they rated this game 9.1 excellent.Im very happy ive got game ive not stopped playing it since ive got home.