Starcraft 2 or Halo Wars?

zdarko43

Starcraft2 or Halo Wars?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Starcraft2 or Halo Wars?

• Halo Wars
    • Starcraft 2
    • Don't know (Only time will tell)

I'm sure many of you RTS fans have done your fair share of research on starcraft 2.

now as well, as halo wars looks like its going to be a great game. RTS's are probably amongst my favorite game types, and i personally don't know which to choose.

Starcraft is the game that started myself into the RTS world, as i'm sure it got many of you hooked as well.

Can halo deliver and produce a game that can stand up to the sequel to the legend?

I, for one, will probably purchase both games, but onlytime will tell which is the dominant game.

Halo makes a great FPS, but will it be able to make a great RTS,too?

(for those of you RTS= Real Time Strategy, FPS = First Person Shooter)

How about this for a twist? what if starcraft decided to jump aboard the first person shooter game? and you played as a terran marine? I think a game like that would probably (at least) sell well.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Prediction Poll:

Which will be the better RTS: Halo Wars, or Starcraft 2?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will almost guarantee that StarCraft 2 will be better. Blizzard has been pumping out RTS's their whole time as a company, and all of them were friggin' god.

How about this for a twist? what if starcraft decided to jump aboard the first person shooter game? and you played as a terran marine? I think a game like that would probably (at least) sell well.

They were making StarCraft: Ghost, a third person shooter, and totally scrapped it, because they didn't like where it was going.

They were making StarCraft: Ghost, a third person shooter, and totally scrapped it, because they didn't like where it was going.

being a ghost would be a thousand times cooler thana marine. damn. but that sux they canned the idea.

but at least they recgonize when a game is goin downhill and pulling out before they decide to loose more money on it, put out an even worse game, and then poor credit added to their name.

i can respect that, but i think they really ought to look into trying it out again.

fuck dude starcraft 2 is going to be the fucking shit.

i LOVE halo, but starcraft is just better at the rts from playing starcraft online like crazy :]

I'm glad you used big writing, now all the old people with bad eyesight can see your ignorance. ;) JK :biglaugh LAWL

IMO, I'd say Halo wars will be the better RTS because it will probably bbe the only one that can keep my attention and interest. I KNOW StarCraft 2 will be the better game, but Halo wars is the one that will do it for me, personally.

Since Halo came out, I've come to know and accept it as a shooter. I'm still unsure if anyone can turn it into a decent RTS.

Starcraft, I have no past experience with, so I cannot pass any judgement on it.

I think only time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...

I said Halo Wars because my computer isnt strong enough to run SC2 but I am way more into Halo. Ensemble Studios has been making AoE for years so I know it will be a quality product. Also, what about End War and World in Conflict. They both look great too.

Im not sure. Ever since I switched to console gaming, ive been a Halo fan. However, SC programmers have a long history of RTS creations and will probably make a better game. Halo Wars prolly has a bigger budget though. Tough call for me.

I said Halo Wars because my computer isnt strong enough to run SC2 but I am way more into Halo. Ensemble Studios has been making AoE for years so I know it will be a quality product. Also, what about End War and World in Conflict. They both look great too.

yeah thats very true. it sorta flew over my head about those games. lol. if i had remembered i would've made the poll include those games as well. it'll be interesting to see what / how they turn out.

If Halo Wars was on the PC, then it'd get my vote.. I didnt play Starcraft 1, but RTS is my favorite genre and I'd much rather play it on the PC..

With that said I'll try Halo Wars out on the 360, but i dont know how they can make the controls as easy as using macros and a mouse for the pc..i dont know what they'll do about the need for selecting a specific unit at any moment and getting around the map fast..

________

Magic Flight Launch Box

Edited by hopesfall2win

wow! it seems as though several of you havent yet played starcraft!

you ppl really don't know what you'remissing. you dont even need the expansion pack. just the original game, you can find it anywhere brand new for like 20$

probably one of the most fun rts' ever.

with that being said, i highly recommend it. and if you hate the game, then rts is not a game type you'd like, ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

obviously SC2 will be better. It's made to be an RTS. Blizzard has a lot of experience with RTS games. It's on a PC, which is MUCH better for RTS games. Whereas Halo Wars is trying to make an FPS game into the RTS genre, on a console. As for the poll, I voted Dont Know, as I will be purchasing both.