Treasure Trove Achievement Putting Me on Edge

Deez

How many other people out there got all tensed up opening the last chest in the final dungeon, praying that it was the final one for the achievement? :biglaugh

(Only to quickly wither away realizing that it wasn't and you now had to go hunt down that missing handful somewhere...sprawled across the continent? :rant:)

Got it finally...just laughing at myself hoping I wouldn't have to go on a five hour hunt - trying not to go back to the dungeons I liked least, but inevitably finding out that's where I missed 'em... :mad:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you grab everything there and leave?

I think i saw some guys geting that achievement from random spots around the world map, i am a little confused since I didnt enter the final dungeon yet, I should since i am lv 99 lol, but i am saving to go after i get everything else.

Sometimes, people need to know where their limits are.

This achievement is the exact definition of my limits.

I'm not done with the game, but I've heard everything from ending a relationship with their girlfriend to nervous breakdowns because of this one. I'm not about to go that far. (I say that, but don't be surprised if I come back in two weeks, unbathed with a beard, finally saying "Hurray! I did it!")

How many other people out there got all tensed up opening the last chest in the final dungeon, praying that it was the final one for the achievement? :biglaugh

(Only to quickly wither away realizing that it wasn't and you now had to go hunt down that missing handful somewhere...sprawled across the continent? :rant:)

Got it finally...just laughing at myself hoping I wouldn't have to go on a five hour hunt - trying not to go back to the dungeons I liked least, but inevitably finding out that's where I missed 'em... :mad:

did you ever get to make that lady on the bench in the Uhra residential area finally accept that name plate on disc 4?

Heh - nope. I must have triggered something out of order. The final time I went (right before the final boss fight), there was a guy on the left bench and the old lady was on the right with a little kid (her 'granddaughter') standing next to her and she was saying that her granddaughter had finally come to grips and moved on.

Never got rid of the plate.

Yeah - I wasted about 5 hours looking for all the final stuff, but some of it wasn't that bad. I needed the time to knock out my final two immortal's skill achievements (when I was in zones with enemies).

Part of my gripe is that navigation is SUCH a pain (in my opinion). I saw the Temple of Enlightenment thread where people are dying for a "No Encounters" bracelet, and I concur. I'd have no probs with the random encounters except that the load times do take a chunk of change. And a boat that moved a little faster. Awesome that you had the X sprint with a person - how about one for the Nautilis underwater?

did you ever get to make that lady on the bench in the Uhra residential area finally accept that name plate on disc 4?

Heh - nope. I must have triggered something out of order. The final time I went (right before the final boss fight), there was a guy on the left bench and the old lady was on the right with a little kid (her 'granddaughter') standing next to her and she was saying that her granddaughter had finally come to grips and moved on.

Never got rid of the plate.

Yeah - I wasted about 5 hours looking for all the final stuff, but some of it wasn't that bad. I needed the time to knock out my final two immortal's skill achievements (when I was in zones with enemies).

Part of my gripe is that navigation is SUCH a pain (in my opinion). I saw the Temple of Enlightenment thread where people are dying for a "No Encounters" bracelet, and I concur. I'd have no probs with the random encounters except that the load times do take a chunk of change. And a boat that moved a little faster. Awesome that you had the X sprint with a person - how about one for the Nautilis underwater?

ok, so does that mean that you don't need to do all the sidequests to get the achievement then? cuz i've been racking my brain trying to figure out if that was the case but not being able to finish the damn name plate sidequest.

ok, so does that mean that you don't need to do all the sidequests to get the achievement then? cuz i've been racking my brain trying to figure out if that was the case but not being able to finish the damn name plate sidequest.

Sidequests don't count towards Treasure Trove. Only items you come across on the field count; anything you can kick, probe, ram, open, etc.

Sometimes, people need to know where their limits are.

This achievement is the exact definition of my limits.

I'm not done with the game, but I've heard everything from ending a relationship with their girlfriend to nervous breakdowns because of this one. I'm not about to go that far. (I say that, but don't be surprised if I come back in two weeks, unbathed with a beard, finally saying "Hurray! I did it!")

Well, i jumped on the floor and started screaming when I beat 99 characters in DOA 4 survival mode, and that F$% bitch Ayane countered my moves 3 times in a row, i think i never been so upset in my life before, was good to know "my limit" too, only on 360!

Well, the important thing is: at least you're not bitter about it. :woop:

Well, i jumped on the floor and started screaming when I beat 99 characters in DOA 4 survival mode, and that F$% bitch Ayane countered my moves 3 times in a row, i think i never been so upset in my life before, was good to know "my limit" too, only on 360!

Okay....

I am at the end of the game. I have done all the side quests. I was sure I opened, inspected, and maybe even molested everything throughout the game.

I am right before final fight.

No achievements for Treasure Trove.

In fact I still have not gotten the skill master achievements for kaim, Seth, Mend or Sarah. It appears I am missing one skill from somewhere. I have no idea where. Going to compare my list of skills in a min.

Auction house is always closed. No matter what time of day I visit it I always get that it is closed for the day. Does that mean I am going at the wrong times or that It has nothing left to offer me?

Also the damn Pirates are of no help. All they do is talk about Seds gun that they made for him. I have not had a pirate ever tell me about treasure or loot that I have missed somewhere.

Any help I would be grateful. Via this thread or send me text or chat online.

Thanks,

Nightmedic.

Okay....

I am at the end of the game. I have done all the side quests. I was sure I opened, inspected, and maybe even molested everything throughout the game.

I am right before final fight.

No achievements for Treasure Trove.

In fact I still have not gotten the skill master achievements for kaim, Seth, Mend or Sarah. It appears I am missing one skill from somewhere. I have no idea where. Going to compare my list of skills in a min.

Auction house is always closed. No matter what time of day I visit it I always get that it is closed for the day. Does that mean I am going at the wrong times or that It has nothing left to offer me?

Also the damn Pirates are of no help. All they do is talk about Seds gun that they made for him. I have not had a pirate ever tell me about treasure or loot that I have missed somewhere.

Any help I would be grateful. Via this thread or send me text or chat online.

Thanks,

Nightmedic.

If its closed now to you, will remain closed forever till something about DLC comes out, and can be missed, that would be one possibility to the "see you again" sign.

Well finished the game. Treasure Trove was the only achievment i didnt get. That so sucks.

I have started just runnign around places looking. I dont think I am going to be dedicated enough to go through the game looking for what I might have missed.

just would have been damn nice to get all the achievements.

Good luck to those of you that are still trying.

Well i beat the game today and I didn't get this achievement (the only one I didn't get)

I did save right before final boss fight.. (and auction house has a "closed" sign out front.. so I assume i have everything from them) I will have to decide if 20 points is worth me going back through the entire game clicking everywhere all over again. For all i know its "1" single thing.. thats worse then the seeds.

I think Im going to take a lost ody break for a bit.. i may come back and do this in a few months if I get bored.

Well, I'm still on some side quests but two questions remains after reading this post..

First, I've some things to win at the auction. If I loose against the others, does that means that I loose forever this item or it will be back if I go out of the Auction and come back ?

And Nightmedic says something about pirates that give some hints for missed items. Is that really an implemented feature that doesn't work for him ? It could be reeeally usefull..

Thanks.. I think this achievement is going to make me cry :(

Well, I'm still on some side quests but two questions remains after reading this post..

First, I've some things to win at the auction. If I loose against the others, does that means that I loose forever this item or it will be back if I go out of the Auction and come back ?

And Nightmedic says something about pirates that give some hints for missed items. Is that really an implemented feature that doesn't work for him ? It could be reeeally usefull..

Thanks.. I think this achievement is going to make me cry :(

no u don't lose forever u get a chance to bid again.. trick to winning for lowest price is don't ever set the trend.. let the other 2 people bid "3" times in a row (then they aren't allowed to bid anymore.. then you bid once and you win... only bid if you have to.. sometimes the timer is about to run out and computer npcs don't bid at all or very little so if you don't jump in and bid you will lose... wait until very last second though.