Mad Moxi Disappointment?

iHux

Completed the DLC and there was no boss fight and no ending cutscene. There doesn't seem to be any closure besides the achievements and I was just wondering if this was my opinion or if others who completed it feel the same way. I mean the arenas are fun and tough and I think it was well worth the money but there is nothing to gain from it in terms of storyline or game play.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't yet beaten yet (one more lame-ass arena to go), by I can already tell that in my opinion, this DLC sucks. I really enjoyed playing Dr. Ned's whatever - though it was short, it was fun. But Moxxi's riot is just bullshit - three mere locations and tedious waves of enemies, that's no way entertaining. My friends with whom I played through those damn arenas also think that this DLS is a load of crap, and after that, we (who loved Borderlands, really) aren't quite eager to play the game any time soon after we finally beat the DLC and get the final cheevie.

I haven't yet beaten yet (one more lame-ass arena to go), by I can already tell that in my opinion, this DLC sucks. I really enjoyed playing Dr. Ned's whatever - though it was short, it was fun. But Moxxi's riot is just bullshit - three mere locations and tedious waves of enemies, that's no way entertaining. My friends with whom I played through those damn arenas also think that this DLS is a load of crap, and after that, we (who loved Borderlands, really) aren't quite eager to play the game any time soon after we finally beat the DLC and get the final cheevie.

I totally agree with you on this sir. I was once a avid fan of Borderlands (reminded me alot of WoW, especially Lilith who resembles my Rogue). I bought both the DLC's and was highly dissapointed that Gearbox made a great game really sour. I jumped into this new expansion expecting great fun, but 5 subwaves to a wave??? WTF drugs are Gearbox on? I really can't comprehend how people can this wave after wave of repetitive bullshit is fun. Thanks for ruining a great game Gearbox...you fucking assholes.

I 100% agree.....

1. There is no exp to gain other than completing your challenges.

2. Your rewards for completing a round are nothing but dumb weapons which leaves no sense of accomplishment

3. I felt like there was no balance to the enemies you fought. Yes the rounds with the negative stats were easy but are you progress it gets ridiculous the only saving grace is having a extremely low lvl and a high lvl character.

4. Length OMFG....seriously glad they made it a longer than Dr. Neds but it took me 3.5 just to beat the The Gully today thats just stupid. 10 rounds would have sufficed not 20

I like the DLC, but the length is way too long.

I would have liked different arenas, or better yet, the ability to play online against other people on those said arenas.

All and all though, i don't think my MP were a waste. There are certainly a lot of worse ways to spend them

I was extremely dissapointed with this. It's soooo fn repetitive. If this had been an add on to the dlc it would have been fine. There should have been some point to it with missions. This just feels like they wanted more money and said fuck it let's put this out. Gears and halo had it so why shouldn't we?

No ending cutscene? So who gets to marry Moxxi?

My money is on Lilith.

On topic: I sort of like the DLC. I never get bored of combat no matter what game it is. It also provides more gameplay. I seriously dislike playing a game I absolutely love just to get 100% and realize there are no more goals to work for. I hope Gearbox keeps the DLC rolling. Although I would honestly prefer one like Zombie Island over another horde-based arena one. My guess is we'll see a new one within 3 months (I hope). They need to space it out a bit until they release the rumored sequel. It better be set 200 years in the future so I can get into that damn vault. Brick and Litlith have a baby. Roland and Moxxi have a baby. They team up with 2 others to finish what their ancestors started :p

Edited by Kronos1982

I thought the Underdome DLC sucked, and rated it 1/5 on xbox.com. It's overly repetitive, and you have nothing to gain from it. No Experience, and no proficiency updates for your weapons even though everything you fight is lvl 50 (if you are level 50). And from what others say there's no loot, and I haven't seen any so far from any of the bosses I killed. It seems like a quick money-grabbing ploy, unlike Zombie Island which was very fun other than collecting 435 brains for T.K. This was probably very cheap to make, since they made 3 small zones and a small hub, then just throw repetitive enemies at you. For the tiny bit of developement that must have gone into this it should have been $5, not $10, Definitely not worth it. Sounds like it is going to be a 10 hour expansion, but not in a good way. Fighting 500 waves of enemies in the same 3 arenas isn't exciting to me, I was hoping for a little more story, exploring and loot, or at least proficiency updates so I could build up my eridian weapon skills. I'm very unhappy with this piece of crap. It also seems it's gonna be damn near impossible to beat on single player, since you can't go back to playthrough 1 to make things slightly easier. I tried that and everything was still lvl 50. Seems like they didn't think this through, they just thought about rushing this out and getting more money.

You people should have researched more about this DLC before you bought it. I read up alot about this DLC before buying and decided it was not worth it. Looks like I was right. Borderlands is awesome, but this DLC certainly is not. 800 points saved, I don't care about having a 100% completion when the DLC is as bad as this seems to be.

Edited by silentbob0

I actually enjoyed it. The bank is awesome. The gameplay is repetitive and tedious, but actually challenging for once. Try and play a long tourney by yourself without any mods....

The only things I wish it had that it didn't: Increased level cap; spider ants; a new ending; more variation in the waves of characters....

Also when do you get the second skill point. I finished the DLC and only received one extra skill point...

I actually enjoyed it. The bank is awesome. The gameplay is repetitive and tedious, but actually challenging for once. Try and play a long tourney by yourself without any mods....

The only things I wish it had that it didn't: Increased level cap; spider ants; a new ending; more variation in the waves of characters....

Also when do you get the second skill point. I finished the DLC and only received one extra skill point...

I think it's a P1/P2 sort of thing - when I went through again in splitscreen with a level 1 I got another skill point for my level 50 (who had already beat it P2).

Even playing with a full team it aint fun, it takes forever even when you beat each round in an average of 7-8 mins it still takes almost 3 hours. The boss round gun rewards are trash, never once saw something worth while and when you get up in the teens it should be legendary weapon drops. I wont be doing these again cause the 1 skill point is not worth the time and effort by any means.