The Devil Made Me Do It - Question

Finish the game without using any Yellow Orbs

Is there a way to do this on easy mode(is there actually an easy mode in DMC 1?) and what if I die, is there a way do not select a yellow orb or do I have to load my savefile?

thank you in advance

The way I did it was like this: Start a new game on a different save slot, use one Vital Star and one Yellow Orb, then complete the mission. When it prompts you to switch to Easy Automatic, do it and complete the next mission.

Next, you have to beat the game on Hard on your original save, that way you can select your difficulty when you pick New Game. Since you have at least one file with Easy Automatic unlocked, it will make it available when starting a fresh new game.

I'm playing them in order of being made, don't see why you'd do it any other way just because 3 is chronologically before 1. If I was suggesting for someone to watch Star Wars who hadn't seen it before I wouldn't tell them to watch the Phantom Mennace first.

But on topic I just finished DMC1 on Normal and got the achievement. It's not like Bioshock's vita chambers where the save file corrupts as soon as you use one. I died a few times and used yellow orbs then just quit to the main menu and reloaded my save.

I'm playing them in order of being made, don't see why you'd do it any other way just because 3 is chronologically before 1. If I was suggesting for someone to watch Star Wars who hadn't seen it before I wouldn't tell them to watch the Phantom Mennace first.

But on topic I just finished DMC1 on Normal and got the achievement. It's not like Bioshock's vita chambers where the save file corrupts as soon as you use one. I died a few times and used yellow orbs then just quit to the main menu and reloaded my save.

Yea I think thats the way I am going to do it too, on my Normal playthrough. So the game gives you 4 yellow orbs at the beginnin is that right? Just to make sure I did not use one accidently :)

Finish the game without using any Yellow Orbs

Is there a way to do this on easy mode(is there actually an easy mode in DMC 1?) and what if I die, is there a way do not select a yellow orb or do I have to load my savefile?

thank you in advance

What i did to get this Achievment was Go to the Dashboard evey time i died

What i did to get this Achievment was Go to the Dashboard evey time i died

In DMC 1? How do you do that? I have only the option to select a yellow orb so I pick one, press back, go to the main menu and load my savefile.

In DMC 1? How do you do that? I have only the option to select a yellow orb so I pick one, press back, go to the main menu and load my savefile.

Oh man I am stupid, I have read Leaderboard instead of Dashboard :( :).

Cool, so it's not too bad? I didn't really try for it the first time around.

It's a little bit frustating, specially if youre going to complete all the secret missions too, a death in a secret mission means reload again.

i Played first dmc 1 did almost everything miss the file achievements and life(i dont know if glitch or not but i think i had all the orbs plus secret missons but i didnt unlock maybe i miss more 4 orbs??) then did dmc 3 on easy to do the secret missons plus get all orbs and full Devil trigger, then give it a rest and went to dmc4 did almost everything but S rank on dante must die and S rank on blood palace are a pain in the ass, cant get it done without using a super chars and without using itens...damn so close..but not in the mood to haste more time in these...i quess i go back to do the rest in dmc3 and then go to dmc2 a try to get the more achievements i can. and maybe after these i will give a last try on dmc4..

As for the achievements in question i did it in my 1º run, if you die you have to do reset so the orb do not count try to get as much blue orbs and do secret misson to get more life so you can beat bosses more easly, and save a unctouchebles for the last form of the last boss so you can just use it and beat the crap out of the boss without to much worries..

Edited by Wesker188

The only way you'll unlock Easy Automatic mode (at least on the PS2, not sure if it's still there in the HD collection) is by dying several times and using your Yellow Orbs or a few other items.

However, Easy Automatic will probably make it harder on you because you can't control Dante whatsoever. In fact, if you're going for Hard and DMD!, then you should completely forget about Easy Auto and play it the normal way.

Personally, I didn't think it was too bad, but then again: I SB'ed Normal mode to get back into the game. >_> I have a recorded run if you're interested in some tips.