Returning a game...

wilson1874

This might seem kind of sad but here goes...

I bought TMNT yesterday and I just completed it. It was £12 (was on offer - 2 games for £20) pre-owned and came with no manual and a pretty scratched game disc. Since I completed it and got all GS, should I take it back and say it's not working on my Xbox? I have receipt. But I dont think the guy will believe me lol =/. Or even worse he might ask if I want an exchange?

A woman at GAME noticed I was coming in regularly buying games, so we got talking and I told her I was just finishing the games really quickly. She told me it's perfectly fine to return the games for the full £40 I was buying them for.

I don't know why she told me that though, loses them a fair bit of money.

I have talked to them before about that. I even told them I would be back the next day to get another game.

dude i do that all the time lol, if you have a receipt and its within the time they allow you to return it theres not much they can do to stop you :), take this for example, i bought Avatar: TLA: TBA, went home got 1000/1000 in it then went back like 15mins after buying it and returned it :)

A woman at GAME noticed I was coming in regularly buying games, so we got talking and I told her I was just finishing the games really quickly. She told me it's perfectly fine to return the games for the full £40 I was buying them for.

I don't know why she told me that though, loses them a fair bit of money.

She doesn't really lose any money. The company does but she gets that same pay check at the end of the day.

At gamestop you have 7 days if you don't like it to return it and 30 days if it doesn't work. This is only for used games, and make sure you keep your receipt. Its not hard to put the receipt in the game box after you buy it.

But anyways, it's why I buy used at gamestop cause I can test out the game and see if I like it and if I don't. Plus sometimes I'll buy a game, beat it, then in 6 days I'll return it and get all my money back. :)

Edited by Pigletoos

Lovely our gamestop in sweden stopped with letting us returning games, so instead they put a fucking sticky little shit thing on them so they can check if the boxes has been opened...

Damn you americans

They only put the sticky circle seals on new games when it's a gutted floor copy of a new game. The main reason they do it is so they know it was sold as a new game and that way it prevents people from returning a new game because they didn't like it. They don't do that on the used games. And if they are doing that with used games then I'm sorry they are screwing you guys over.

They only put the sticky circle seals on new games when it's a gutted floor copy of a new game. The main reason they do it is so they know it was sold as a new game and that way it prevents people from returning a new game because they didn't like it. They don't do that on the used games. And if they are doing that with used games then I'm sorry they are screwing you guys over.

This is true, and anyways most places won't let you return a new game if you open it and play it.