Friend Achievement glitch!

RolfWB

Are you guys active when the towers are built? I suspect that if you are idle when they are built they don't count. If I recall correctly, I saw on the Ninja Bee forums that the achievement is to watch them be built, not to have them in your kingdom.

I don't work there, so I don't know for sure, but that certainly could explain the achievements not popping if you are just opening a public room and walking away.

Hey, I'm a dev for NinjaBee and since Creech sent us a message and asked us to comment, I thought I should share some insight here.

Yes, it's buggy! :(

The way the achievement should work is this:

When your avatar "sees" 10 unique banner towers get built, you get the achievement. It does not have to all be in one game and it does not have to be in your game. You just have to be in the game when the banner tower is built for it to count toward your 10.

We've looked into this problem quite a bit and this is where we think things stand:

One thing that might cause a problem to occur is if you don't ever exit the game through the menu system. If you don't exit through the menu system, it won't remember how many banner towers you have seen in that session. Even saving your game won't remember how many towers you saw in that session. (I said it was buggy!) So be sure to exit games through the pause menu Exit Game button.

What can you do? I would suggest you keep playing and watching banner towers get built. And exit to the main menu before turning your console off.

Some people have turned on a game and let it sit overnight while other people joined the game and built enough banner towers for them to get the achievement. Or other people just join lots of different games and ask the host (and others) to build their banner tower when they get in the game. (The joining/exiting of other people's multiplayer games should save the banner tower count properly.)

I have been told that it's possible to get in a situation where you will never get the achievement, but I'm skeptical that's the case. I have heard many people complain about not getting this achievement, but I've never heard of anyone not getting it eventually, whether it's at 14 towers or 24 towers...

I understand it's irritating and I apologize profusely. We think we've learned from this and will do better next time! :)

--dajuse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On my 5th Kingdom attempting to get this after failed achievement unlock.

2 of those kingdoms I made sure I followed what dajuse said, hmmm.

1 of those kingdoms I did with a default in game avatar & not a randomised NXE avatar.

Most of the time when I launch the game it has recent my gamerscore to 0 so I switch the xbox off then on again & make sure I have gamerscore otherwise just like last time, I fear it will effect whether or not I get the achievement for this cursed game. Big annoying bug that not even the dev's know how it got there or are sure how it unlocks.

Honest opinion? Release a friggin patch that unlocks the achievement automatically, sick of glitchy achievements. Hawx, Rainbow Six, FIFA come to mind.

Just jump into other peoples games and ask them to build a banner tower and watch it get built. Exit via the in game menu. Rinse and repeat 10 times. They don't have to be built in your online kingdom.

Wow, this is probably the easiest way to get it. It actually works, just do what he said. xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i just want to say that its really cool that a developer is checking in on forums and actually helping with problems as a gamer that kind of attention is a very positive thing for me to see. And I want to say thank you because I finally got that achievement after reading dajuses post. Thank god

• 4 weeks later...

The friend achievement is done in YOUR kingdom. You need to start the game to get the 10 banner achi. The 20 can be done in any online game.

For the Friend-achi, you don't need all 10 at a single game. You can start 10 online games, but they need to be 10 different players.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my friend achievement yesterday, my first day playing the game. What I did, after reading a little on this site, was joining someone else's game and after I built one banner tower for them to have, I asked them politely to build one while I was watching and told them to pick it apart after that, if they were saying anything about not having enough resources. The picking apart bit is not necessary at all for the achievement, only the looking while they build it part. I got the achievement after my 8th unique player or my counting was little off.

So to summarize:

It does not have to be on your own kingdom, it has to be different players building the towers and you have to watch them doing it.

I hope this helps a little. I know other people have said how to do it before but this is me confirming it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey, I'm a dev for NinjaBee and since Creech sent us a message and asked us to comment, I thought I should share some insight here.

Yes, it's buggy! :(

The way the achievement should work is this:

When your avatar "sees" 10 unique banner towers get built, you get the achievement. It does not have to all be in one game and it does not have to be in your game. You just have to be in the game when the banner tower is built for it to count toward your 10.

We've looked into this problem quite a bit and this is where we think things stand:

One thing that might cause a problem to occur is if you don't ever exit the game through the menu system. If you don't exit through the menu system, it won't remember how many banner towers you have seen in that session. Even saving your game won't remember how many towers you saw in that session. (I said it was buggy!) So be sure to exit games through the pause menu Exit Game button.

What can you do? I would suggest you keep playing and watching banner towers get built. And exit to the main menu before turning your console off.

Some people have turned on a game and let it sit overnight while other people joined the game and built enough banner towers for them to get the achievement. Or other people just join lots of different games and ask the host (and others) to build their banner tower when they get in the game. (The joining/exiting of other people's multiplayer games should save the banner tower count properly.)

I have been told that it's possible to get in a situation where you will never get the achievement, but I'm skeptical that's the case. I have heard many people complain about not getting this achievement, but I've never heard of anyone not getting it eventually, whether it's at 14 towers or 24 towers...

I understand it's irritating and I apologize profusely. We think we've learned from this and will do better next time! :)

--dajuse

He is 100% correct. I had a kingdom with 16 banners that I started and just walked away from to get this last chhievo and could never get it. I just hopped in other peoples games and had them build a banner with me watching and got it 2 people later. So happy to finally have this done.

• 2 months later...

K that was weird after collecting 10 I had someone else put a banner up and still no achievement. And after reading things that have been said on here I decided to join someone elses game and after only a minute or two it unlocked. I didn't see anybody make a banner or anything so I guess if all else fails just try joining someone elses game and see if it works.