Glitch Discussion

Even now I updated the game (finally wanted to finish it after all this time...) and it glitched. I couldn't enter the classroom of defense against the dark arts, comming from the hall... Xbox just stopped! So I deleted the update and could enter the class again. Then went looking for the last missing student and wanted to exit the charms classroom (where you fall through the hole in the floor) and the dragon wouldn't lift me up. Now I was stuck in there!! Finally solved it and got out, but damn this game had a lot of problems!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this has been mentioned. In the basilisk level right at the end as you are to defeat the big snake. He kept disapearing on me. I would grab the sword and boom he was gone. Couldn't finish the level. I finally got past it after many replays. I stayed in the little opening on the big head where the sword is found don't go out on the head to kill the snake do it from in side the little cave. Hope it helps some one.

• 1 month later...
Don't know if this has been mentioned. In the basilisk level right at the end as you are to defeat the big snake. He kept disapearing on me. I would grab the sword and boom he was gone. Couldn't finish the level. I finally got past it after many replays. I stayed in the little opening on the big head where the sword is found don't go out on the head to kill the snake do it from in side the little cave. Hope it helps some one.

This happened to me once, but I grabbed the sword and swung it by the glowing purple ball and it still acted as though it was stabbing the snake and finished the level.

• 4 months later...

Okay, I'm not crazy and I see other people saying it's glitched because the kid in the right stall won't come out.

That's not the case here. I know that's not the student in peril, but the one in the left stall is. Basically, everytime I walk into the bathroom when I first boot the game up, the kid comes out with the door already blown off and celebrates his freedom. It plays the music everytime as well. Trouble is, it doesn't add to my count, and this is the last student in peril I need, which is stopping me from about 6 achievements.

I followed the guide. I have every single other student saved, and they are completely gone from my game indicating they were counted, but not this one. Anyone else have this problem? It seems unique as nobody else is posting about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

for the student in peril in charms classroom 2 underground, has anyone else had the student remain where he is after freeing him? everything else has been collected and i and not really into creating a second save just to finish the last 6 achievements for the game. is there any way to reverse the glitch or just restart the game and hope for the best?

• 1 year later...

I was missing 1 Student in peril and 1 Gold brick. (Do you get a gold brick from finding the 50 student in peril?)

I found the student in peril, it was the one in Raven Claw dormitory with the red book that try eating the student. I think my player one controller was turned off when this happened, my girlfriend was 2nd controller and she was searching around the castle while I was looking the collectible guide, when she found that one, she saved him, no achievement poped up. Still missing that last gold brick. We went back to diagon alley, and I had 200 gold brick -_- no achievement for this one poped, and the achievement for completing the game to 100% did not pop aswell. We did the secret level, got Voldemort. I replayed a level and got the 100% achievement, but I am still missing the one for getting 200 gold brick and 50 student in peril. Anyone know if I can fix this? What should I try? I tried saving a random student in a chapter, did not work, I tried picking a gold brick in the 10 gringot bonus level, did not work.