Skyrim's Install is only 3.8GB in size.

Kraderic

last paragraph from below link:

Granted, Skyrim on the consoles, Xbox 360 and PS3, are going to be scaled back a bit, and probably more compressed. Still, the fact that Bethesda has managed to fit such a massive, amazing looking game in 3.8 GB on the Xbox 360 is a testament to their skills. It's quite impressive that Bethesda has managed to fit a game that takes 560 pages worth of a strategy guide and compresses it to 3.8 GB.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/skyrim-xbox-360-install-size-revealed

A bit smaller than Oblivion, IIRC.

Only 3.8? Interesting, but than again, we've been told since the beginning that there would be less NPCs and the land of Skyrim is naturally smaller than Cyrodil. Still, you've got a DVD with 8 GB of usable storage. Cram more stuff in there dammit! Give us some Home-modification features or maybe give console players an editor to make our own mods. Or at least use that remaining 4 GB to make the cities a part of the main HUB instead of being gated off like they were in Oblivion so we can have super high jumping and levitate powers back.

Only 3.8? Interesting, but than again, we've been told since the beginning that there would be less NPCs and the land of Skyrim is naturally smaller than Cyrodil. Still, you've got a DVD with 8 GB of usable storage. Cram more stuff in there dammit! Give us some Home-modification features or maybe give console players an editor to make our own mods. Or at least use that remaining 4 GB to make the cities a part of the main HUB instead of being gated off like they were in Oblivion so we can have super high jumping and levitate powers back.

Personally I like the cities being walled off and in there own zone after in mid evil times all major cities had fortifications after all who want something like a pack of snow wolves charging in and beating the average npc to death lol.

I don't have a problem with major cities being walled off at all (though wolves wandering in and attacking NPCs and needing guard to fight them off would be more realistic to say the least.) The problem is that the cities are a separate cell from the HUB world. The walls, which realistically would've been manned by Archers, instead just act as barriers. I want to be able to scale these walls and explore inside and on top of them and maybe even snipe citizens from the top with arrows and powerful spells. Like I said before, Levitate was removed from Oblivion and remains removed from skyrim because of the walled-off cities. Placeholders don't look pretty and that's exactly what they use to decorate the buildings from the outside. In Morrowind the entire region known as Ghostgate was a huge walled-off volcanic region, but without even knowing where the entrance was, I was able to levitate right over the wall because that was how I built my character up to be. It was my right to have that option. Now I can't do that.

dragons are suppose to be able to attack cities, which would mess things up if inside the city is a different area then outside the city.

think about this you are in the city and a dragon flies overhead. If the city is walled off and you have to go to a loading screen to get out when you leave the dragon will suddenly be not over the city once you complete the load seeing as the city and outside world are different areas.

So my guess is that they can't truly wall off the cities like in oblivion otherwise it would mess with the gameplay.

dragons are suppose to be able to attack cities, which would mess things up if inside the city is a different area then outside the city.

think about this you are in the city and a dragon flies overhead. If the city is walled off and you have to go to a loading screen to get out when you leave the dragon will suddenly be not over the city once you complete the load seeing as the city and outside world are different areas.

So my guess is that they can't truly wall off the cities like in oblivion otherwise it would mess with the gameplay.

I doubt that they will attack the five major walled in cities besides during quest

I agree. Cram more in if there is space left over. Put more people and places in. Hell, ise a second disc if need be. I don't mind having to install a game or an extra disc for that. Stops the disc drive making loads of noise when I'm playing anyway. Bit gutted Skyrim is a smaller place than Cyrodiil, amd less people. But I'm sure when I start playing it, I will forget this and love it. The dungeon footage I've seen looks far more amazing than Oblivion, and everything is more detailed. Maybe TES VI will be gargantuan in size lol. But that can wait for now. Expect that Bethesda will set to work on Fallout 4 before another Elder Scrolls game. Which is no bad thing really.

As far as home content/modding goes, Todd Howard (the head developer) has stated numerous times their modding system works just fine on consoles but their "console partners" won't allow them to release a game with it currently. He spoke at length in an IGN interview I think. You should check it out if you're interested.

I agree. Cram more in if there is space left over. Put more people and places in. Hell, ise a second disc if need be. I don't mind having to install a game or an extra disc for that. Stops the disc drive making loads of noise when I'm playing anyway. Bit gutted Skyrim is a smaller place than Cyrodiil, amd less people. But I'm sure when I start playing it, I will forget this and love it. The dungeon footage I've seen looks far more amazing than Oblivion, and everything is more detailed. Maybe TES VI will be gargantuan in size lol. But that can wait for now. Expect that Bethesda will set to work on Fallout 4 before another Elder Scrolls game. Which is no bad thing really.

In interviews the developers say Skyrim has a larger game world and more available content then Oblivion. There are more NPC voice actors (they recorded 60,000 voice segments vs 40,000 in Oblivion). The difference is in past games you could talk to an NPC that had nothing meaningful to say and couldn't give you a quest and said they exact same thing as everyone else in town. Now the people you can talk to have something unique to say. So while you may be able to talk to fewer people you won't hear the exact same lines from multiple people. I prefer this approach. I tend to talk to everyone and I hate hearing identical responses over and over again.

Edited by cerberus xii

As far as home content/modding goes, Todd Howard (the head developer) has stated numerous times their modding system works just fine on consoles but their "console partners" won't allow them to release a game with it currently. He spoke at length in an IGN interview I think. You should check it out if you're interested.

That's one of the few things that bugs me as a console gamer and even more as an Xbox user. Way too much control over what goes on within their box. I understand they want to resist hacking, but with a game like Skyrim having a modding center, I don't see what the harm would be. There's no online MP to screw over and achievements (not that they're even a big deal) could be disabled. Hell, in the case of mods being present in the game, any multiplayer game could simply deactivate online access anyway (what Borderlands should've done.) The only thing that allowing a modding tool onto the 360 would do is extend a games life. If MS was smart, they would jump on that opportunity to allow custom content to get the upper-hand over Sony. (I remember a feature MS promised during the 2005 E3 showing of the 360 where they said we would be able to create custom content and add it to our own personal marketplace and be able to sell it to other users. With a fraction of the fee going to MS and a reliable rating system in place, MS could stand to make a decent bit of money off of the content they upload while weeding out the uploaded junk that would clog up their bandwidth.)

In interviews the developers say Skyrim has a larger game world and more available content then Oblivion. There are more NPC voice actors (they recorded 60,000 voice segments vs 40,000 in Oblivion). The difference is in past games you could talk to an NPC that had nothing meaningful to say and couldn't give you a quest and said they exact same thing as everyone else in town. Now the people you can talk to have something unique to say. So while you may be able to talk to fewer people you won't hear the exact same lines from multiple people. I prefer this approach. I tend to talk to everyone and I hate hearing identical responses over and over again.

I have to agree with this. It was annoying hearing 30 people all say the same 10 lines and serving no other purpose outside of rampage targets. It bugged me even more when talking to the homeless because they would switch between their feeble beggar voice actor and their default class voice actor depending on what topic you chose to speak about. It would be nice to at least keep a few dozen of the useless NPCs just for cannon fodder like I mentioned above, but I like the idea of having more do with more NPCs regardless.

I seem to remember them saying Skyrim was geographically smaller than Cyrodil. Naturally the game is going to have more content with voice actors and things to do.

Edited by DarkReign2021

I doubt that they will attack the five major walled in cities besides during quest

Todd said they could do all kind of things unscripted such as attack cities, I imagine that includes the main cities, why would a dragon have the power to attack a village at random but not a big city? and again I present the idea, what if you have a dragon chasing you and you go into a city, would the dragon just disappear? that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also that one city... the one on the cliff with water running through it where it's got buildings up and down (the one with the tall cylindrical tower in the trailer) anyway my point is that if you think about the dynamics of that city it would be rather difficult to wall in.

Ahh balls. I hate when games have to be scaled back. Just release the full 30 GB game, it's what we really want!

(hopefully not 30 GB, but you get the picture) :p

I imagine if the scaling back was of any real worry they would make more discs rather then cut it out. It's not as if the content will be different for platforms, it will be graphic alteration.

and mind you pretty much all the footage we have seen so far is on the Xbox 360, meaning we can expect the quality we have seen so far. I don't know about you but those graphics are definitely good enough for me.

It does? Cool. Either way, I'm just gonna enjoy exploring anyway. Nice to know that there are more voice segments than Oblivion. Think its better to give pointless NPC's somethin to say as opposed to Fallouts NPC's who just said "hi, how ya doin". Didn't feel like I was in that much of an interactive world. I like to talk to every person I can, even if they only have a couple of lines to speak.

I'm in agreement with the modding kit. Microsoft are foolish to not allow it for 360. Being able to create your own building, dungeons, characters and quests would add so much life to the game, it would practically be endless. Imagine being able to share your creations with other users? I would so be up for that. As I'm sure everyone else would. Naughty Microsoft for saying no!

I play most games on the 360 but all ES games on the PC. If you want truly epic gameplay, as far as ES is concerned, the PC is the ONLY way... Flame away...

I aint gonna flame you for preferring it on PC and having your own opinion. I'd do the same if I could afford it. Then I would get modding the hell out of Oblivion and Skyrim. That would be sweeeet!

Well, enjoy it on your PC, lucky b'stard! :woop:

Need to get this game on the PC, mods will fill this game up for good. Because who wants to play an empty game on the 360, that also has terrible graphics? Well me, only for the achievements, but that's all.

And yeah not only does it look really bad like Fallout 3 or New Vegas, no, it looks very empty. I saw it in the stream. Almost no NPC in towns, nothing but grey/brown (rocks) in the outside.

Edited by Olrox