SSFIV Avatar outfits...

Dunno about anyone else, but i'm buzzin at the thought of Street Fighter stuff for our NXE Avatars.

I saw this clip the other day, and right at the end there is a small preview of whats to come.. Lets hope there is some cool props aswell

I deffo getting the Able outfit. And probably a couple more...lol

The avatar stuff is showed at 2:20

EDIT: Looks like they will FINALLY be released on 15th July

Edited by Deadly Moves

Just so everyone doesn't have keep pressing play/pause for the costumes, the ones shown in order of appearence were:

C. Viper, Makoto, Guile, El Fuerte, Cody, Ibuki, Juri, Guy, Dudley, Akuma, Ryu, Rufus, Dee Jay, T Hawk, Chun Li, Abel.

They are all the original P1 colour costumes as in Ryu's white gi and Guile's green combats.

• 1 month later...

Just asking, because I have only had Super for a week or so now (Was stubborn, but decided to finally trade the old in for this), but is this Tournament DLC going to be free? Or is CAPCOM going to nickel and dime like they always do?

Just wondering. Haven't read anything on it yet, outside of watching the video attached to the first post.

Just asking, because I have only had Super for a week or so now (Was stubborn, but decided to finally trade the old in for this), but is this Tournament DLC going to be free? Or is CAPCOM going to nickel and dime like they always do?

Just wondering. Haven't read anything on it yet, outside of watching the video attached to the first post.

Its going to be free.. Like the Championship pack was in SFIV

Capcom's been pretty vocal about the changes made to compared to last year's edition. We've seen a plethora of new characters, read about tweaks to existing characters and have been given a small taste of what's to come from the revamped online system. In the case of that last item, the above video goes into a lot more detail than we've been privy to before -- including Tournament mode, a free DLC extra that will let players throw down "with the top players from around the world" on June 15, 2010.

In addition, Xbox Live users will be able to dress up their Avatars in slick Street Fighter outfits. Doing so in the privacy of your own dashboard is just one of the acceptable ways in which to show your love for Chun-Li's kick-ass clothing.

I found this about it, can't wait till Jun 15. :)

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/20/super-street-fighter-iv-online-lobby-system-avatar-items-detail?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_engadget

• 1 month later...

Ughghghghghghghg.......Why do people waste money on AVATAR ITEMS? For the life of me I cannot comprehend it. Not only does your avatar look completely silly and stupid, you just wasted like 10 bucks on something you barely even see. I just don't understand. To each his own I suppose.

Ughghghghghghghg.......Why do people waste money on AVATAR ITEMS? For the life of me I cannot comprehend it. Not only does your avatar look completely silly and stupid, you just wasted like 10 bucks on something you barely even see. I just don't understand. To each his own I suppose.

Why do people continue to smoke when they know its harmfull to them and the people around them?

Why do people spend so much much money on alcohol just to get hammered, when they know it fucks up there liver, etc?

Answer: Bcos they want to...

At least buying an item for your 360 avi doesnt fuck up your insides

Because they want to have something they want.

Same with alcohol, cigarettes and whatever else thats optional.

Why do people continue to smoke when they know its harmfull to them and the people around them?

Why do people spend so much much money on alcohol just to get hammered, when they know it fucks up there liver, etc?

Answer: Bcos they want to...

At least buying an item for your 360 avi doesnt fuck up your insides

Better Answer: Because it's a waste of money. If the best thing you can say about avatar items is that it doesn't fuck up your insides, that should speak for itself. Besides, people don't always drink and smoke because they "Want" to, sometimes they do it because it's all they know, or because they can't help themselves. Not that I'm comparing that in particular to avatar items, I'm just saying.

Better Answer: Because it's a waste of money. If the best thing you can say about avatar items is that it doesn't fuck up your insides, that should speak for itself. Besides, people don't always drink and smoke because they "Want" to, sometimes they do it because it's all they know, or because they can't help themselves. Not that I'm comparing that in particular to avatar items, I'm just saying.

So you wonna go down that route..?

In theory EVERYTHING is a waste of money. Anything you buy in this life wont go with you where ever you go when your dead. Therefore money is pretty much pointless.

for example: Even buying food is a waste of money. eating is only prolonging the inevitabilty of your eventual death. But that thought is abit depressing.

At the end of the day it all comes down to pleasure. if it gives you pleasure and doesnt harm anyone, whats wrong with it?

Edited by Deadly Moves

So you wonna go down that route..?

In theory EVERYTHING is a waste of money. Anything you buy in this life wont go with you where ever you go when your dead. Therefore money is pretty much pointless.

for example: Even buying food is a waste of money. eating is only prolonging the inevitabilty of your eventual death. But that thought is abit depressing.

At the end of the day it all comes down to pleasure. if it gives you pleasure and doesnt harm anyone, whats wrong with it?

Whatever man, I'm not gonna get into THAT argument. MY point is, the more you people purchase avatar items, the more Microsoft is going to endorse this new "Xbox Experience" garbage, and the more awful avatar games we're going to get. Do you people REALLY want to see more Kingdom for Keflings and "Adventures" over a more streamlined focus on online access, connectivity with friends, more partnerships with companies like Hulu, HBO, or countless others. Or maybe Microsoft could focus on the core gamers and commit to bringing us a solid stream of old franchises being reinvented.

But no, clearly we want avatar items and clothes, Yippee! What is this? Gaia online? Ugh.

Edit: You want avatars? Go buy a Wii.

Edited by Frostylongcat

I have a Wii already. So Xbox expanding is genre's is a bad thing?

I have no problem with kingdom for Keflings and other stuff like that. I dont have to buy them. But some people love that kinda stuff. Microsoft is expanding, not changing its focus. i dont get why you have such a problem with something that really isnt that important. MS isnt forcing you to buy them.

Sorry but you seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing.

I have a Wii already. So Xbox expanding is genre's is a bad thing?

I have no problem with kingdom for Keflings and other stuff like that. I dont have to buy them. But some people love that kinda stuff. Microsoft is expanding, not changing its focus. i dont get why you have such a problem with something that really isnt that important. MS isnt forcing you to buy them.

Sorry but you seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing.

Not changing it's focus? Oh, okay. So the fact that 95% of the garbage they announced at E3 was for this ripoff "let's copy the Wii" kinect nonsense? They even created a new model of the xbox 360 BASED on the fact that Kinect can more easily be used with it. This whole motion sensor craze is a waste of hardcore gamers time and money. The Wii has pretty much got the "softcore" crowd in the bag, and the Ps3/360 have the hardcore gamers in the bag. 360 should have spent more time trying to take more of the Ps3 fans away from the system, so that they can truly be the master of the hardcore gamers. But no, we obviously need another Wii.

Not changing it's focus? Oh, okay. So the fact that 95% of the garbage they announced at E3 was for this ripoff "let's copy the Wii" kinect nonsense? They even created a new model of the xbox 360 BASED on the fact that Kinect can more easily be used with it. This whole motion sensor craze is a waste of hardcore gamers time and money. The Wii has pretty much got the "softcore" crowd in the bag, and the Ps3/360 have the hardcore gamers in the bag. 360 should have spent more time trying to take more of the Ps3 fans away from the system, so that they can truly be the master of the hardcore gamers. But no, we obviously need another Wii.

Consoles nearly always get a revamp at some point. A new better 360? im not complaining, it looks awsome.

^MS doesnt need to. The PS3 is shit, and not doing that well. its lost most of its top exclusives, and the PSP is gettign battered by the DS. MS has pretty much cornered the 'hardcore' market. So tappin into the 'casual' market makes perfect sense. i cant see why the xbox cant do both.

Consoles nearly always get a revamp at some point. A new better 360? im not complaining, it looks awsome.

^MS doesnt need to. The PS3 is shit, and not doing that well. its lost most of its top exclusives, and the PSP is gettign battered by the DS. MS has pretty much cornered the 'hardcore' market. So tappin into the 'casual' market makes perfect sense. i cant see why the xbox cant do both.

They can't do both because by tapping into the casual market they're going to lose a lot of respect with the hardcore gamers. I mean think about it, the xbox takes this new approach towards casual gaming with the motion controls, and soon enough I guarantee companies are going to rush out and try to adapt their games to motion controls. Thus, our once "hardcore" games will become extremely gimmicky and cheesy. I'm not saying that this for sure is going to happen and this new approach to the xbox is screwing the hardcore gamers in the ass, but it's certainly not the direction I think Microsoft should take the xbox.

Of course, from a business standpoint it makes perfect sense. Considering how much money the Wii has made, it's completely understandable for Microsoft to want to hit that market while the iron is still hot, and it's probably just because I'm extremely biased in this respect, but I feel that this is a huge slap in the face from Microsoft. When everybody first heard about the new avatars for the xbox, it was pretty much a given that this was going to happen, so It's not like it's hitting us by complete surprise, but it's still not something I want to see happen to the 360.

Edited by Frostylongcat