Best way to level up after the patch?

doomey

Although a little sarcastic trail blazer does have a point. The Special Infected give a generous amount of point when defeated I'm talking 4-8000 per kill. Killing them is a cinch with the developer mod home run baseball bat by the way. Also, the later missions give you a descent amount of XP as well as the new patch adds ~25% per mission.

I do agree with you however on the Xp dragging. I just hit 53 and it's essentially a 400,000 jump from level to level from my observations, so to get to level 60 would def take some time.

If you just want to level up as quickly as possible, albeit this method is not very quick anymore, is to give Svetlana Champagne bottles. This will give you 1000xp per bottle; given the current Xp gap that's essentially 400 per level.

The oleander method from what I've read on other posts seems to have been nerfed as it only gives 600xp per Oleander give.

That's all I have for now.

Cheers

I just started my third new game+ with Xian on level 51 and finished the first act with level 54 1/2. The new quest xp is pretty large. I get 3500 xp for the first act collectibles quest (water, canned food, alcohol) and 11664 for Svetlanas champagne quest.

I think when i reach the oleander point, the xps for that will be high too to level up if needed.

Just play the game normally. I just hit 51. I just wish they allow free roam in all maps. I just hate how once you leave the island you can't go back. You can go into extras and complete all the challenges. Some of the challenges gives you a lot of XP. You can always wait for the DLC to come out and just play that.

im playing 2nd playthrough and on act III and have been stuck at 41 for 3 acts? most quests in act 1 except for main are like 500-700 xp, not much better on act II. how is everyone getting more

it took me 3 complete runs to reach level 50 doing all side missions and letting no zombies escape.... except in the city as they respawn lol

I'm at 47 1st play thru act 3 with Logan "yeah been doing alot of zombie killing",trying to get all achievements on first play thru except act 1 with multiple characters, if i hit 60 it doesn't really matter as there is no achievement or major benefit unless i read the notes wrong...truly a great game......

• 2 weeks later...

Bloodbath arena helps - especially considering it's an easy way to do challenges. I went from level 38 to level 49 effortlessly, in a couple of hours play, through the challenges....almost finished one now, kill another 250 Floaters (this is stage 4 of a 4 tier challenge), and the reward is 400,000. There are any amount of them to kill in the Arena, for example, so challenges become extremely easy.