The Bee - Hunter Hellquist, Arid Nexus Badlands

pX I Atticus

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is simple. I'm still trying to get The Bee,...and I am on TVHM. I did every mission in the game on my first PT,...and on my TVHM run I have burned through playing no more than maybe 10-15 side missions. I knew where to find Hellquist...and when the story missions took me to the Arid Nexus, the elevator wasn't allowing me to go up to where he is. So I went ahead and have beaten every other story mission now except the final fight with the Warrior. I'm at Hero's Pass but checked in to the Arid Nexus to see if I could finally get up there to kill HH and that mission is "blocked". I realize it's a mission from Moxxi so I then went to her and the only mission she had for me was going to Opportunity and killing "Foreman"...so I did, came back, turned it in...and there's still no HH mission. I am basically trying to do as little on this playthrough as possible while still making the HH mission come available.

Does anyone know if there are minimum requirements for making "This Just In" appear?

If so, what are they? Thanks.

My question is simple. I'm still trying to get The Bee,...and I am on TVHM. I did every mission in the game on my first PT,...and on my TVHM run I have burned through playing no more than maybe 10-15 side missions. I knew where to find Hellquist...and when the story missions took me to the Arid Nexus, the elevator wasn't allowing me to go up to where he is. So I went ahead and have beaten every other story mission now except the final fight with the Warrior. I'm at Hero's Pass but checked in to the Arid Nexus to see if I could finally get up there to kill HH and that mission is "blocked". I realize it's a mission from Moxxi so I then went to her and the only mission she had for me was going to Opportunity and killing "Foreman"...so I did, came back, turned it in...and there's still no HH mission. I am basically trying to do as little on this playthrough as possible while still making the HH mission come available.

Does anyone know if there are minimum requirements for making "This Just In" appear?

If so, what are they? Thanks.

The quest is given by Mordecai. You can go here to get full details on This Just In. It has the specific requirement necessary for this quest to become active:

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_This_Just_In

I'm here to help, not hold your hand.

Believe it or not, I truly love this phrasing and it increases my respect for you.

Am I one of the only people who is not looking for the Bee nor care if I get it?

I'm enjoying the game with a level 50 siren knowing I'm not invulnerable.

In these situations, I usually feel like if you're the super most badass thing in the game where nothing provides a challenge, are you really "playing the game" anymore?

Am I one of the only people who is not looking for the Bee nor care if I get it?

I'm enjoying the game with a level 50 siren knowing I'm not invulnerable.

I have the Bee and Conference Call and I honestly found the combo to be incredibly useful against bosses, but regular enemies tend to be easier with other weapons. As for being invulnerable....I think I die more trying to use this combo then any other setup for tooling around the world, but for boss farming it can't be beat.

I have the Bee and Conference Call and I honestly found the combo to be incredibly useful against bosses, but regular enemies tend to be easier with other weapons. As for being invulnerable....I think I die more trying to use this combo then any other setup for tooling around the world, but for boss farming it can't be beat.

Yep, I agree with this. All it takes is for one stray shot to hit your shield and goodbye amp damage bonus until the shield recharges. With the huge number of enemies shooting at you and just outright rushing you all the time, the Bee does not equate to a God mode, but, like said above, it definitely makes killing a boss over an over a much less time consuming event.

Personally, I didn't even bother with getting the Conference Call. I have a shotgun that was doing 796x17 damage and used that with the Bee I have to repeatedly slaughter the Warrior over and over so I could have some better weapons/shields/class mods to start TVHM with.

Edited by XperimntNterror

Yep, I agree with this. All it takes is for one stray shot to hit your shield and goodbye amp damage bonus until the shield recharges. With the huge number of enemies shooting at you and just outright rushing you all the time, the Bee does not equate to a God mode, but, like said above, it definitely makes killing a boss over an over a much less time consuming event.

Personally, I didn't even bother with getting the Conference Call. I have a shotgun that was doing 796x17 damage and used that with the Bee I have to repeatedly slaughter the Warrior over and over so I could have some better weapons/shields/class mods to start TVHM with.

I have no problems with Zer0 and using the CC/Bee combo. Deception helps me slip away easy enough to allow the shield to go back up, and the shotty does enough DMG on its own to take down enemies if you need to get a second wind. Plus with that combo the CC is good at distances too.

I just finished chapter 17 and a blocked mission has apperead on my mission list, no description, but I think it is this mission, I have been doing all side missions when they are available but for some reason this mission did not appear??

What kicks this mission off? doesn't really say on a previous post and taking the link to the other site.

Once I have finished chapter 18, will this mission appear when I continue the game to mop up the side missions??

I hope I have screwed the 'I did it all@ achievement up on just this one side mission, hopefully someone can help:confused::confused:

I don't doubt it's usage but I just feel it's overrated and prefer my own personal loadouts. It doesn't matter how much damage ratio is between 10 players that have it...those ten players are more or less identical by a wide percentage.

If I got it, I'd surely use it but I'd probably switch back to more unique items within that day. If a game offers me individuality from another player, even at the risk of being slightly weaker, I take that risk.

Might as well be playing Master Chief or Marcus Fenix since everyone's Borderlands character will be CC & Bee as akin to Chiefs armor and AR and Marcus' armor and Lancer.

But that's just me. If you can get through a task w/o the best stuff, that's way more of an accomplishment. It actually irks me seeing people kill Terramorphous in a matter of nano-seconds. That's like taking Thanos and turning him into Droopy the dog.

It makes these two new ones (Gee & Hyperious) more acceptable due to their twists and limitations (once per day) but they just aren't as imposing looking as Terramorphous or Vermivorous.

I don't doubt it's usage but I just feel it's overrated and prefer my own personal loadouts. It doesn't matter how much damage ratio is between 10 players that have it...those ten players are more or less identical by a wide percentage.

If I got it, I'd surely use it but I'd probably switch back to more unique items within that day. If a game offers me individuality from another player, even at the risk of being slightly weaker, I take that risk.

Might as well be playing Master Chief or Marcus Fenix since everyone's Borderlands character will be CC & Bee as akin to Chiefs armor and AR and Marcus' armor and Lancer.

But that's just me. If you can get through a task w/o the best stuff, that's way more of an accomplishment. It actually irks me seeing people kill Terramorphous in a matter of nano-seconds. That's like taking Thanos and turning him into Droopy the dog.

It makes these two new ones (Gee & Hyperious) more acceptable due to their twists and limitations (once per day) but they just aren't as imposing looking as Terramorphous or Vermivorous.

If i'm not using the CC with the Bee i'm using a Hellfire.

EVERYONE wants to use the Bee/CC combo because it makes you feel like a badass plain and simple. A friend of mine messed around with Terramorphous yesterday. We were both Lv44, Terra is 52, so we were obviously outmatched. Using normal equipment we clearly would have been killed easily but the tables were easily turned with the Bee/CC. Taking out a badass Lv 52 boss with a Lv44 character is pretty badass in itself.

If i'm not using the CC with the Bee i'm using a Hellfire.

EVERYONE wants to use the Bee/CC combo because it makes you feel like a badass plain and simple. A friend of mine messed around with Terramorphous yesterday. We were both Lv44, Terra is 52, so we were obviously outmatched. Using normal equipment we clearly would have been killed easily but the tables were easily turned with the Bee/CC. Taking out a badass Lv 52 boss with a Lv44 character is pretty badass in itself.

My current stuff makes me feel like a badass!!

I can see what you mean though if you're a significantly lower level but I'm usually for the underdog if anything.

I just finished chapter 17 and a blocked mission has apperead on my mission list, no description, but I think it is this mission, I have been doing all side missions when they are available but for some reason this mission did not appear??

What kicks this mission off? doesn't really say on a previous post and taking the link to the other site.

Once I have finished chapter 18, will this mission appear when I continue the game to mop up the side missions??

I hope I have screwed the 'I did it all@ achievement up on just this one side mission, hopefully someone can help:confused::confused:

Does it say "Undiscovered" or something like that? if so, which map.

There are a number of missions that will show up as "undiscovered" in your quest log whenever you reach new areas. Most of the time, this means you need to find an ECHO recorder to get the mission going and these will be randomly dropped by a certain enemy type in the area (never takes long to get them though).

I would suggest just doing a Google search for the area this quest is showing up in (e.g., AREA NAME full quest list). This should help you narrow down the name of the quest, so you can then look up the specific requirement to get it started.

I just finished the missions that cover Arid Nexus and the mission I believe that is showing blocked is in Sanctuary, it must be the mission 'This just in' as I haven't done it yet and didn't appear as an available mission.

When I turned in story chapter 17 with Mordecai I think I recall seeing the mission 'this just in' but because mordecai has now left sanctuary it is now blocked, will it become available again once I have finished chapter 18?

I just finished the missions that cover Arid Nexus and the mission I believe that is showing blocked is in Sanctuary, it must be the mission 'This just in' as I haven't done it yet and didn't appear as an available mission.

When I turned in story chapter 17 with Mordecai I think I recall seeing the mission 'this just in' but because mordecai has now left sanctuary it is now blocked, will it become available again once I have finished chapter 18?

Once you finish the game all missions will no longer be blocked.

I had the mission to open Roland's Armory blocked when I accepted the final story mission... Still let me open it anyways...

Does the bee add to turret damage? Don't have a leveled Axton yet so I'm curious.

I haven't really noticed any increased damage with it, but i'm usually dropping it as a distraction so i can just run through the area.

I have noticed though that when wearing the bee and hopping in a vehicle the shots still have that amp damage noise and enemies seem to go down quicker (regardless of vehicle's health). might just be my imagination with them dying quicker, but it sure feels that way.

My current stuff makes me feel like a badass!!

Ditto. I've got a lvl 46 Siren and have recently found some awesome weapons, including a purple SMG that does 1492 base dmg, 92.3 acc, 1200 corrosive dmg/sec with a 25% chance. Reload speed is a tad slow, but between my BAR and skill tree, that 3.1 seconds is more like 1.5.

I also got the minecraft shotgun. Holy crap that thing is awesome. Dunno if there are different versions of it, but mine is a fire elemental and it shoots "blocks" of fire that will bounce off walls. I just beat the Wildlife Preservation story mission on TVHM. I'm lvl 46 and the gun is 42.. the bos was 45 and I was taking chunks of health off with it. And no, I was not using an amp shield of any kind. I think I had some random green turtle shield I found in a locker.

I don't have the CC, but I've seen videos of it in action and yeah, it's nuts, but I'm quite happy with my Minecraft shotty, and it was a hell of a lot easier to get than the CC lol

I'll post a pic/stats of it later =)