...And Justice For All: HVT Question

BWOzar

So I'm trying to figure out if this achievement is linked to the life or death of the HVTs before I go any further (I've captured most but killed a few so far). The IGN guide seems to suggest that capturing, and not killing any of, the HVTs is linked to an achievement. Can anyone confirm or deny this either way? Perhaps it's linked to that last secret achievement? Thanks

So I'm trying to figure out if this achievement is linked to the life or death of the HVTs before I go any further (I've captured most but killed a few so far). The IGN guide seems to suggest that capturing, and not killing any of, the HVTs is linked to an achievement. Can anyone confirm or deny this either way? Perhaps it's linked to that last secret achievement? Thanks

if it is i will be kind of pissed. i think i killed two of them, but i didn't mean to, i just blew up some fuel tanks that were near them and they died. there is no way i am starting a new game so if this is true i will not be getting 1000.

edit- looking at the achievements it seems like this is the case. there is one achievement for verifying all hvts and another for capturing all of them. not cool.only way is to start a new game right?

Edited by jbaruch76

The achievement indicates you need to verify the HVT's. This suggests nothing of killing or capturing. If you do kill, DO NOT forget to snap a photo to verify. This is what counts towards the achievement.

After they're laying dead, once you're near the body, you have a chance to take a photo to verify.

yeah, i am 99% not going to playthough again for this achievement. for anyone else - TURN OFF AUTOSAVE - i did not kill any of them, but they died anyway from like someone else mentioned a stray rpg. i wish i knew this all before i started. i guess it's not so great getting games early.

I need to unlock them both. hopefully I can do it at the same time. I will also post when I make it there if they unlock or not.

i am testing this one out actually... i beat the game and it never gave me and justice for all, so i am going through on a new save and capturing them all... so hopefully i get both and i will post it on here if it works.

You don't have to play it all again, just to get the justice for all achievement. With any luck, you did a manual save just before choosing AN or China for the final mission, before Solano. If you got Aces High, it means you captured everyone in the game. Just reload the game before the final battle, and kill / verify either General Peng (China HVT) or Agent Joyce (AN HVT). This is all you need; kill / verify 1 guy. Same thing happened to me; got Aces 1st run through, but no justice. Thought WTF, so reloaded before final battle, killed Peng by mistake, pressed on, and Justice unlocked after the final battle with Solano. Good luck.

You don't have to play it all again, just to get the justice for all achievement. With any luck, you did a manual save just before choosing AN or China for the final mission, before Solano. If you got Aces High, it means you captured everyone in the game. Just reload the game before the final battle, and kill / verify either General Peng (China HVT) or Agent Joyce (AN HVT). This is all you need; kill / verify 1 guy. Same thing happened to me; got Aces 1st run through, but no justice. Thought WTF, so reloaded before final battle, killed Peng by mistake, pressed on, and Justice unlocked after the final battle with Solano. Good luck.
thanks dude this really helped. I think i figured out what you really have to do. You have to of course kill or verify all the regular ones, then you have to kill or capture joyce or peng. The first time i finished i captured Peng, what I think happens is that if you capture peng or joyce then you capture solano, but if you kill joyce or peng you kill solano, and it seems you have to both kill AND capture solano to get the achev

I just unlocked "...And Justice For All" & "Aces High" at the same time. I can verify that it works

i just beat the game again a minute ago and got aces high, but no And justice for all......so idk i got screwed over. i am unplugging my Ethernet cord and doing it offline and hopefully it loads up after i beat the game for the third time.

EDIT: no it did not give me the achievement even when i unplugged my cord. that was my last achieve in order to get 1000 and its glitched, EA fails once again...

Edited by sjanuary99