F*****g! Tutorial/Challenges

Yet another game let down on the achievements. 180G that will be forever out my reach due to bloody challenges and tutorial shit!

Why can't people who make fighting games have more imaginitive lists? I've been playing 2D fighters for over 25 years! And most of these poxy do all tutorial type achievements are utter gash!

I know how to do all the moves ect but yet the chances of those actual moves working in a challenge at the right moment is about 1% as usual. Why should you learn these shitty combos ect anyway, especially when I can do even better ones myself!

All in all a great and faithful conversion of the games I loved as a youth. But having 180G tied to fucking challenges ect is just pathetic!

I don't mind typical fighting game achievements, Capcom, but no, they used up over half the achievements on a small point count on 'Master every character in combo tutorials'.

I completed the game as Lilith, but I only popped one achievement, and that's it for main game achievements for each game beyond 'Get perfect completion ONCE on both games'.

If they had a achievement of 'Complete Night Warriors/Vampire Savior as ???' for every character, that would encourage play of all characters more than this shit, which reminds me of DOAX2 and Rumble Roses!

The game hasn't even been out for twelve fucking hours and already your bemoaning about the achievements. Which aren't online, which don't have some ridiculously arbitary stipulation attached (such as use a character for 24 hours). Nope, just standard trials and honestly, I don't wanna do this shit either but if you want the achivements, it's your own personal skill and time that is holding you back.

You don't need a boosting partner, you don't need an exploit to leave the game running for 50 hours, just your own personal skill and commitment. I mean Jesus, do you just want to press start and have the cheevos start raining for something?

The game hasn't even been out for twelve fucking hours and already your bemoaning about the achievements. Which aren't online, which don't have some ridiculously arbitary stipulation attached (such as use a character for 24 hours). Nope, just standard trials and honestly, I don't wanna do this shit either but if you want the achivements, it's your own personal skill and time that is holding you back.

You don't need a boosting partner, you don't need an exploit to leave the game running for 50 hours, just your own personal skill and commitment. I mean Jesus, do you just want to press start and have the cheevos start raining for something?

This Guy! Absoloutley Right, Be thankful you get an Achievement Per Character, So you feel rewarded for the Hard work! Chances are, If you practice these, Trials in another game become easier, Good luck to everyone going for 100% (Talbain Has some Real Easy Trials to get you used to the Game IMO) Good Luck Guys

Personally I would have liked to see more linked to the single player aspect.

While I would agree that I am not looking for VF2 standards but again more single player stuff would have been great since in the previews they kept giving us back story but then not really rewarding you with achievements for getting the story fro that character with an arcade completion.

Edited by joshnorm

How dare they make you earn achievements. The nerve on these guys.

Oh, please. There's a clear difference between having to earn something and needing to be at a level that most people will never reach. Save your condescension for someone who gives a damn.

Edited by Jason X

I don't see any achievement directly mention Tutorials or Challenges. Which are the ones that are related and what is requirement? Most of them say first tier or second tier which was very little amount in MvC Origins. So, I'm confused as to what makes these achievements so hard to get.

All of the ones where the Achievement icon are a portrait of one of the characters in the game. Stray is right about Huitzel being the easiest one out of the bunch, but the last part of it is still kind of tricky.

I don't see any achievement directly mention Tutorials or Challenges. Which are the ones that are related and what is requirement? Most of them say first tier or second tier which was very little amount in MvC Origins. So, I'm confused as to what makes these achievements so hard to get.

Actually, although the achievement descriptions don't mention it thoroughly (since you have to check the Awards to know how to complete challenges), you have to actually complete a characters Challenge or Tutorial fully to unlock said character's achievement, and the reason why its difficult, because if you probably played games like Street Fighter 4 and other games with "Trials/Challenges" in them, then you'll see the reason why its difficult for some people to pull of combos and the like in those games.

Oh, please. There's a clear difference between having to earn something and needing to be at a level that most people will never reach. Save your condescension for someone who gives a damn.

The game hasn't even been out 24 hours and you've decided it's impossible for you to earn those achievements. Really?

Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.

Actually, although the achievement descriptions don't mention it thoroughly (since you have to check the Awards to know how to complete challenges), you have to actually complete a characters Challenge or Tutorial fully to unlock said character's achievement, and the reason why its difficult, because if you probably played games like Street Fighter 4 and other games with "Trials/Challenges" in them, then you'll see the reason why its difficult for some people to pull of combos and the like in those games.

Thanks for your detail answer. Wow, this does make the game's achievement difficult go way up. The first tier requires to finish all challenge or tutorial for that character? I thought first tier would be like clear half of them and second tier might be clear all of them, but I guess this is all or nothing challenge. I am pretty good with some of the characters but certainly not all of them and it will definitely be a challenge. I will still enjoy the game, Felicia and Morrigan are two of my favorite fighting game characters of all time.

The game hasn't even been out 24 hours and you've decided it's impossible for you to earn those achievements. Really?

Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.

I mean being able to link is pretty hard for some and being able to execute and being able to time combo's are hard for some. Seeing as you have Balrog as your Avatar it seems you know how to play fighting games but for others it's hard. The trails/challenges aren't that hard but I had dashing in the game just completely throws me off.

I must say, I too am a bit disappointed with the achievements to this game; yes, I find the challenges difficult, even more so than the SSF4 ones (which I completed, eventually!) but to have nearly half the games achievements linked to them?

Yeah, one or two maybe, but I can't help but feel that the cheevo potential here was wasted... Maybe I'm too precious about this game as Darkstalkers is one of my all time faves so maybe I was expecting more... Oh well.

I'll continue to try for the challenges, and when (or if!) I start getting them down, at least it WILL feel like an achievement :)

I'm still holding out for a brand new Darkstaljers game, I hope Capcom devises a better, more interesting list if this happens.

Anyway, DARKSTALKERS FOREVER! :D

How about the fact that not everyone who plays fighting games is a super mega expert, and yet they would like to still get 100% on the Achievements? What an unreasonable thing to ask for!

I Get what you're saying Mate, But all You Need is a Little practice, Keep working at them, they'll come, No need for a Fightstick Or any of these Things, Just A Little patience and you'll be Getting the 100% No problem, Good luck Bud