Halo 4 SOLO LEGENDARY "Let's Play"/Video Guide

girl poison

For my first playthrough of Halo 4 campaign I decided to jump straight into solo legendary for the achievement and I've been recording my progress and uploading it. I hope to add annotations to key points for additional tips. I'll keep this thread updated and maybe the videos will be of some use to someone. :)

Dawn

Part 1: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgZWP_JFkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgZWP_JFkU[/ame]

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlwljW7VXg

Requiem

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl3arCaq4rY

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q43mkuQo2qE

Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgAAKZzNyo

Edited by girl poison

I wish people like you would fuck off if all your going to do is post to promote your vids.

Does it look like I just created an account to promote my videos? I've been part of Xbox 360 Achievements for YEARS and have made plenty of helpful posts and non-video guides in multiple games like FFXIII and Skyrim. You could stand to learn some mannerism.

Wow why the bad feedback, just trying to help people?

OT: great guides, the community will be much appreciative (most of us anyway)

People get overly sore about YouTubers who come into a community to post their videos and clog up the forums - understandable, but I've been here a long time and it's not like I'm posting multiplayer videos, I'm posting a guide.

And to anyone thinking a campaign guide is stupid because there's only one direction you can go in; not everyone is great at Halo, not every is even remotely good. Legendary Solo can be difficult and sometimes just seeing how someone else got passed a particular point that you may have been stuck on for a while, can help.

NewProfileKid, thank you for your kind words. :)

Wow why the bad feedback, just trying to help people?

OT: great guides, the community will be much appreciative (most of us anyway)

Just because she has a vagina, theres no need to brown nose her.

People get overly sore about YouTubers who come into a community to post their videos and clog up the forums - understandable, but I've been here a long time and it's not like I'm posting multiplayer videos, I'm posting a guide.

And to anyone thinking a campaign guide is stupid because there's only one direction you can go in; not everyone is great at Halo, not every is even remotely good. Legendary Solo can be difficult and sometimes just seeing how someone else got passed a particular point that you may have been stuck on for a while, can help.

NewProfileKid, thank you for your kind words. :)

I'll retract my earlier post, but it's a terrible excuse for a guide and a lets play. That is just my opinion, I don't think this would help anyone in the slightest. It still doesn't change the fact your posting to achieve more views and in hopes of getting a few extra subs just because forum traffic here has been high the past few days.

I'll retract my earlier post, but it's a terrible excuse for a guide and a lets play. That is just my opinion, I don't think this would help anyone in the slightest. It still doesn't change the fact your posting to achieve more views and in hopes of getting a few extra subs just because forum traffic here has been high the past few days.

I'm posting it in hopes that it'll help someone. What was my motif on spending three hours writing a Skyrim skill leveling guide, or uploading a weapons and item checklist for FFXIII, or making posts anytime I find a small convenience in any other game, if it were not to help someone? Why would this site exist at all, if people did not have the desire to help others with their gaming journey and achievement hunting?

I'm going to ask that if you don't have anything positive to contribute to my thread please don't post here anymore. I don't need jerks who think the worst of people trying to make me feel bad for attempting to help out once in a while.

I'm posting it in hopes that it'll help someone. What was my motif on spending three hours writing a Skyrim skill leveling guide, or uploading a weapons and item checklist for FFXIII, or making posts anytime I find a small convenience in any other game, if it were not to help someone? Why would this site exist at all, if people did not have the desire to help others with their gaming journey and achievement hunting?

I'm going to ask that if you don't have anything positive to contribute to my thread please don't post here anymore. I don't need jerks who think the worst of people trying to make me feel bad for attempting to help out once in a while.

Ok, what does FF or Skyrim have to do with anything, sure they might of been helpful and all but that doesn't automatically mean your motif for posting doesn't change.

Just because I don't have anything positive to say doesn't mean I can't have an opinion of my own and unless my posting privileges are revoked, I'll post on on a topic as much as I want and give my thoughts. If you got a problem with that here's a direct link to the complaints board - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=715 Go tell them and I posted negative feedback on your precious topic.

Edited by Tsaako

Ok, what does FF or Skyrim have to do with anything, sure they might of been helpful and all but that doesn't automatically mean your motif for posting doesn't change.

Just because I don't have anything positive to say doesn't mean I can't have an opinion of my own and unless my posting privileges are revoked, I'll post on on a topic as much as I want and give my thoughts.

Damn, who shit in your cornflakes this morning?

i agree the video doesnt provide much help and ppl might not use it.. but its a contribution. If you dont need it, dont use it.. you look like a bitch right now.

It's directly relevant to this topic because it shows I am a stable member of this community that tries to help when I am capable of it. If I was that concerned with getting more subs, I would post vlogs in a low cut shirt.

Just because I don't have anything positive to say doesn't mean I can't have an opinion of my own and unless my posting privileges are revoked, I'll post on on a topic as much as I want and give my thoughts.

You're entitled to an opinion but if you can word it without being a complete jackass to others, you might become a better person.

EDIT:

Damn, who shit in your cornflakes this morning?

i agree the video doesnt provide much help and ppl might not use it.. but its a contribution. If you dont need it, dont use it.. you look like a bitch right now.

This is how I also feel. Many people can probably get through Legendary Solo campaign on their own, but if they need a reference for a particular part, this will be here for them. That's why I posted it, but apparently the motif is unclear.

Edited by girl poison

Just because she has a vagina, theres no need to brown nose her.

Heyzoos! Can you be any more condescending? :mad:

Seriously dude she's made it through the prologue and I haven't yet. Whatever she did different than me I want to see and is likely going to help.

So blow your assful of bad karma out somewhere else and enjoy those corn flakes.

Keep the vids coming Poison!!!

That's why I posted it, but apparently the motif is unclear.

Can you blame me? Look at your sig, your promoting your site, youtube, livestream, twitter and facebook.

but if you can word it without being a complete jackass to others

Ok,

Theres no commentary and doesn't feel like a lets play, it's just a standard video walkthrough. Your giving no tips for how to deal with specific enemies and tough situations. So it's not a guide. Annotations are garbage and most people will turn them off if there is too many. Your guide isn't even finished and complete so that isn't much help.

What I'd like to see in a walkthrough guide is commentary with a mic thats crystal clear, advice on what to do in the upcoming part of the level, what your best approach and if your low on ammo and faced with a bunch of tough enemies. Where the best places to cover and where to change cover when needed etc etc you get the point.

Is that better?

and enjoy those corn flakes

I prefer coco pops myself if I'm honest.

Edited by Tsaako

Can you blame me? Look at your sig, your promoting your site, youtube, livestream, twitter and facebook.

Ok,

Theres no commentary and doesn't feel like a lets play, it's just a standard video walkthrough. Your giving no tips for how to deal with specific enemies and tough situations. So it's not a guide. Annotations are garbage and most people will turn them off if there is too many. Your guide isn't even finished and complete so that isn't much help.

What I'd like to see in a walkthrough guide is commentary with a mic thats crystal clear, advice on what to do in the upcoming part of the level, what your best approach and if your low on ammo and faced with a bunch of tough enemies. Where the best places to cover and where to change cover when needed etc etc you get the point.

Is that better?

I prefer coco pops myself if I'm honest.

Personally, your criticisms are moot since you, obviously, lack any tact in expressing, what you call, an "opinion". Had your original comment been what you posted just above here, your opinion would hold some relevance, perhaps. Instead, you made an assumption (your "opinion") about the OP and posted something completely unconstructive (and, really, unrelated) about the video.

Maybe try and relax a little next time before you go off half-cocked, eh?

Thanks for this. I'm not a bad Halo player [campaign] but I do like to see how others go about things. Maybe someone else goes a different and easier way than me and it can speed my playtime up. Since you have to play this campaign twice not to worried about missing something the first time around.

Edit: I do slightly agree with whoever was bashing you. While s/he went about it the wrong way I don't like how you ask to leave a rating/ask us to subscribe. If a person likes your video, they'll like it. If they want to see more from you they'll subscribe.

Edited by Dog Face

I use this same signature on every site, copy & paste, social networking is one of the things I do best. I don't see anything wrong with it, especially because I spend 90% of my day on Twitter and the entire time that I game. They're important to me, just like people's gamerscores are important to them.

Ok,

Point taken, I've only done one other Let's Play for Borderlands 2 (note that I didn't post it on X360A because it wasn't a walkthrough and wouldn't be helpful to anyone and that would be stupid). It was a co-op series with friends but I just pulled videos from my stream and I didn't particularly like doing it, I haven't quite found what I like doing for YouTube. I prefer streaming because of the live interaction with the audience - I don't like to do commentaries or vlogs.

My friend and partner MrRetrokid91 does walkthroughs with no commentaries that a lot of people like because there's no voice over and viewers can focus on the game. Since I wouldn't have to stress over commentaries I felt like giving it a try, but I will make annotations for key points, which there are a couple spots in Requiem I've already planned to do so.

Edit: I do slightly agree with whoever was bashing you. While s/he went about it the wrong way I don't like how you ask to leave a rating/ask us to subscribe. If a person likes your video, they'll like it. If they want to see more from you they'll subscribe.

Thanks for your input, I will keep this in mind for future videos. :)

Opiate42, Nevander, Gackt, Annihil88torr, & Dog Face - thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me. :)

I too hope to someday be a YouTube Let's Play Superstar ™.

subscribesubscribesubscribe

Here is my Let's Play of Halo 3's Forge mode. Ignore the title, I just titled it something else and fixing it now is too much effort.

subscribe

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44EYQlJfcRg]Something Random in Halo 3. - YouTube[/ame]

subscribe

Please rate, comment, subscribe, tweet, digg, stumbleupon, like, retweet, subscribe, and subscribe if you want to see more. Thanks and remember to subscribe!

subscribesubscribesubscribesubscribesubscribesubscribe