Horrible game?

Oinkness

Even if you succeed, you're insulted.. and it's pretty damn hard to succeed. I got the first level on my second try, and I'm about to start my second try of the second level. My ball got so big at 35cm that I couldn't move through the level. I was basically stuck, and there was nothing little left to pick up and the larger objects were too big. After playing Street Fighter IV which was practically unplayable, I expected more out of this one. Especially with all the hype people put behind it.

It's not a really horrible game, but it's WAYYYYY worse than katamari damacy. The main problem I had with this game were the stupid achievements. If knew beforehand getting 100% took that long, I'd never played it. The 100/200 requests and playtime achievements are also annoying and the online ones are too.

With a better achievement list it would have been way better.

About problems with the levels: Just keep playing, it is in fact pretty easy once you get the hang of it, although some levels are pretty glitchy, one of the DLC is the worst in this aspect.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Even if you succeed, you're insulted.. and it's pretty damn hard to succeed. I got the first level on my second try, and I'm about to start my second try of the second level. My ball got so big at 35cm that I couldn't move through the level. I was basically stuck, and there was nothing little left to pick up and the larger objects were too big. After playing Street Fighter IV which was practically unplayable, I expected more out of this one. Especially with all the hype people put behind it.

When you really really succeed you are not insulted. It sounds like all you want in life is mediocrity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
this was the first game i purchased like 3 years ago and it still brings me hours of fun just rollin along pickin up random objects

Exactly, it's what its all about, having fun.

If you find frustration in this game you may as well throw in the towel & start playing some teletubbies game or Barbies horse adventures.

That or you're doing it wrong!

The first playthrough is all about reaching the goal in speed & making your katamari as large as possible.

If you manage to get 100 points in the level you're rewarded with eternal mode which you can roll around forever in & use it as a way to just rubber band your controller if you want the 100 hours played as well as just to collect everything in the level so you can reach 100% collection if you're going at the game for achievements.

Katamari games are designed for fun in the most random, colourful and bright presentation. Its just fun fun fun.

Also, the online achievements are freaking easy, play 50 times & get 1000 cookies? Come on! What are you complaining about! You don't have to even win ffs XD

It's not "Seriously" or CoD3's General. It's one of thee most easiest online achievement games ever.

• 3 weeks later...
this game is so fucking annoying.... awful controls and stupid backgroundmusic
This game obviously wasn't made for people like you, Scrooge. It's for the people who like simple, happy, quirky Japanese games that never take themselves seriously. The controls work fine; they're just different from everything you've ever played. The music is entirely part of the game's charm and it wouldn't be the same without it.

• 1 month later...

I think its one of those games that has a really bad learning curve.

The tutorial does help but there isn't a advanced tutorial. It would help if they walked you through a bit before throwing you to the wolves.

If you still don't get it, try one of the earlier games. I tried one on PS2 and I had loads of fun. After that, this game was a piece of cake.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to work at a video game shop and would recommend this to parents who wanted to get their kids started into video games without them being too difficult or violent.

They were always thrilled with the results. If a bunch of 6 year olds can learn the game, everyone else can too. It requires a minimal amount of patience.

In other words, some of you guys say that this game is crap, because of it's achievements?

Come on.. not the achievements make a game.

Katamari is just awesome. The idea behind it is just sick and those cute graphics are beautiful. :D

• 3 weeks later...

The game is decent. Nowhere close as great as "We love Katamari" which was much better game; it had more distinguishable missions, was much more addicting, and the soundtrack was better too. The only variation in here was the god awful "make things hot" which was simply torture to get through. The last game also did not lag like this game has lag and the frame rates drop here if too much stuff is going on. LESS LEVELS AND CONTENT IN THIS TOO. :mad:

I love Katamari and always found returning to the last game but this game is just dissapointment and it has just been sitting on my shelf. I suggest passing this game up, unless you're diehard fan. (Then again, I consider myself as one...)

Edited by FurryMohkis