Learn to Speak Japanese

seven43861

It only becomes available after you initiate the conversation with Wortten the cook. After talking to her and accepting the cooking challenge, talk to the Japanese judge at the table. Then go back to the library and it will be in stock. Take it off the shelf and you will get a cutscene and the achievement. It will also make the boss fight a lot easier if you cook what the judge asks for.

go up to the librarian and hit Y and it'll open up your inventory and select the books to give back

Edit: On topic... This is the last damn achievement I need to have this game completed... Would I be better off starting another game and getting this achievement the right way instead of skipping it like I did without thinking??

Edited by Jediboy

Started a new game to get this achievement and try to get through the Santa bug...haven't gotten to him yet so we'll see if the bug appears when I play tomorrow.

Anyway, the way I got 'Konichiwa' was to go directly to the judge after talking to Worrten (don't even talk to the orphan). He then says his favorite dishes in Japanese.

I then exited the TGIW factory and teleported to to the library. The notice had now changed from "Coming soon!" to "Just arrived!" and I checked out the "Learn to Speak Japanese" book. A cutscene played and I got the achievement. :)

Summarize:

1. Talk to the judge as soon as you can

2. Exit the factory

3. Go to the library

4. Check the book out

5. Achievement unlocked

Edited by Marriott
Fixed spelling

Started a new game to get this achievement and try to get through the Santa bug...haven't gotten to him yet so we'll see if the bug appears when I play tomorrow.

Anyway, the way I got 'Konichiwa' was to go directly to the judge after talking to Worrten (don't even talk to the orphan). He then says his favorite dishes in Japanese.

I then exited the TGIW factory and teleported to to the library. The notice had now changed from "Coming soon!" to "Just arrived!" and I checked out the "Learn to Speak Japanese" book. A cutscene played and I got the achievement. :)

Summarize:

1. Talk to the judge as soon as you can

2. Exit the factory

3. Go to the library

4. Check the book out

5. Achievement unlocked

I'll start a new game as well and try to get the cheevo the way you suggested. Thanks