Saw this at 8$ at gamestop

Monstor

• 5 months later...
Of course.. Tomb Raider was always worth buying even at a full price, except Angel of Darkness which sucked.

Go for it.

AoD wasn't that bad. It was just different is all. The only thing that sucked about it was the weapon choices/functionality and the controls (or more accurately, the fact you couldn't change them).

As for Underworld, it's good, but just be sure you've played Legend first, as Underworld is the direct sequel to it (TR:U picks up where TR:L left off). And the original TR or TR:Anniversary would be good too, as that story ties in as well, but isn't as necessary as TR:L.

• 3 weeks later...

I havnt played tomb raider in sooooo effin long, since ps1 and I didn't really get into console games till recently, been stuck on WoW haha

But I'm so pleased to know there are 3 decent tomb raiders for the xbox 360

I'm gonna go get all of them for my growing collection of games :)

• 3 months later...

is it worth $8 - that's not up to me to decide - but, the graphics and controls suck on this game...i can't tell u how many times i died because the bitch jumped in the wrong direction...oh and honestly how many times do i have to press A to jump??? the controls are so damn unresponsive it ain't even funny. this came out after tomb raider legend but this game sucks balls compared to legend.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I just started this, and personally i paid it 15$ + Taxes a while ago, maybe a year... yeah i buy games and i don't do them until i feel like it... sometimes i never do them...lol still have Max Payne 2 and a bunch of xbox games i never played yet. But anyway, so i would say for 8 or 15$, yeah this seem like a nice game. Storyline and graphics seem pretty good, but i do agree the controls are stiff... Maybe its me that truly sucks at these kind of games(lets face it, would the hero be a dude, i would not even play it) but i do so often... and it takes me so much time to finally find my way. But i like Lara so well... I got to say i started playing this mostly because the new one thats releasing soon really got me pumped, i tough i would get into the moob with underworld.

Oh and AOD really sucked balls... Its sad cause the story and atmosphere felt awesome, i loved it for that but HATED BADLY the controls... the no checkpoints system didn't help either, i was always saving every 2 secs because i always felt. I die often too in Underworld like i said, but never as much as AOD and the checkpoints are nicely put.

But i found a way to experience AOD without the terrible controls, i bough the DVD experience(play with your remote thing) i tried it up and it seem a lot better, but haven't really started it yet.

Edited by Destro

• 2 months later...