Denver Broncos: 60

Kansas City Chiefs: -100

Oakland Raiders: -200

Come on>>>> I mean a 0 for the bears?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I think the best QB in the league is in green bay, to put up the stats that Rogers did last year with next to no o-line is just ridiculous.

i agree that what rodgers did with the o line he did it with was amazing, untill he wins a superbowl he cant be compared to payton and brady, even though brady isnt even top 3 QB's anymore... hopefully the packers do good this season though, ive been pulling for them ever since bret left the way he did

Look at what Drew has done over the past couple of years. He's the best. i wont exactly get mad if someone says Peyton is better. but the rest of your statement is inaccurate. The Colts dont have anyone on their Oline that can match up to the tandem of Nicks and Evans. Wayne is a better WR than Colston, but their WR depth isn't as deep as ours is. Pierre is definately top 10 (i'd rank somewhere around 8-10), and him and Reggie are better than anyone on the colts roster. and the Colts dont have a top 10 CB, let alone a top 5 like Greer. And Porter will probably be a top 10 guy before the season is out.

but yeah, i wasnt nessassarily comparing the saints to the colts, i was more so defending them against the dude who thinks its such a travesty the Saints are rated so highly.

Ok, so I don't mean to argue but here we go.

Brees is in the top 3 qbs in the league, but isn't as consistent as Manning. It's a mute point bc brees was the better qb statistically last season but Manning was right there. At best their even.

You said the Colts don't have an o-line tandem as good as the Saints. Well unfortunately your right because the a good o-line is about individuals but a great o-line works as a single 5 man unit. Stats don't lie Manning was sacked 10 times to Brees 20 times last year.

You said that Pierre and Bush were better

than any back the Colts had. Statistically that's not true either, Addai was ranked 22nd by stats were as Thomas was 24th. That means Thomas wasn't/isn't a top 10 back hell he's barely top 25.

You stated that Wayne was the best rcvr of the 2 teams well that was correct but also stated that the Saints had the deeper core. Well once again stats don't lie, the colts were first in rcvng yards and the Saints were 7th. Also, to the moron who said shockey was a beast, erm not so much Dallas Clark was actually better than any Saints rcvr, shockey included. That being said don't forget that Indy did it with unproven rcvrs and without Anthony Gonzalez.

Ok, on to the big debate! You said the Colts don't have a top 5 cb, well technically your right, but neither team has a statistical top 5 cb. But both teams do have top 5 DBS when bob sanders is healthy all season. To be clear a db consists of corners and safties. As far as Greer is concerned he was ranked 88th against the pass but porter, sharper and vilma were all ranked higher. But by your logic bc Antoine Bethea was ranked higher than Greer shouldn't he be a top 4 cb even if the stats don't suggest it.

As far as defense goes the colts have the better d line and Dwight freeney was 2nd in sacks. But let's clear one thing up any true football fan knows that if the offense keeps scoring and gets a big lead, it pads the defenses stats bc the other team has to throw. I'm pretty sure the Saints weren't playing from behind in many games.

So you said I was inaccurate about which part exactly.

Ok, so I don't mean to argue but here we go.

Brees is in the top 3 qbs in the league, but isn't as consistent as Manning. It's a mute point bc brees was the better qb statistically last season but Manning was right there. At best their even.

You said the Colts don't have an o-line tandem as good as the Saints. Well unfortunately your right because the a good o-line is about individuals but a great o-line works as a single 5 man unit. Stats don't lie Manning was sacked 10 times to Brees 20 times last year.

than any back the Colts had. Statistically that's not true either, Addai was ranked 22nd by stats were as Thomas was 24th. That means Thomas wasn't/isn't a top 10 back hell he's barely top 25.

You stated that Wayne was the best rcvr of the 2 teams well that was correct but also stated that the Saints had the deeper core. Well once again stats don't lie, the colts were first in rcvng yards and the Saints were 7th. Also, to the moron who said shockey was a beast, erm not so much Dallas Clark was actually better than any Saints rcvr, shockey included. That being said don't forget that Indy did it with unproven rcvrs and without Anthony Gonzalez.

Ok, on to the big debate! You said the Colts don't have a top 5 cb, well technically your right, but neither team has a statistical top 5 cb. But both teams do have top 5 DBS when bob sanders is healthy all season. To be clear a db consists of corners and safties. As far as Greer is concerned he was ranked 88th against the pass but porter, sharper and vilma were all ranked higher. But by your logic bc Antoine Bethea was ranked higher than Greer shouldn't he be a top 4 cb even if the stats don't suggest it.

As far as defense goes the colts have the better d line and Dwight freeney was 2nd in sacks. But let's clear one thing up any true football fan knows that if the offense keeps scoring and gets a big lead, it pads the defenses stats bc the other team has to throw. I'm pretty sure the Saints weren't playing from behind in many games.

I AGREE WITH THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for actually using REAL facts. so many people say these stats that they think are true and say their facts but they are uasally wrong. good job on the reply and thank you for your response!

define consistent, because Brees was pretty damn consistent. Not only that, Brees was undeniably better in the postseason this past season, when it matters most.

The Saints were without their All-Pro LT Jammal Brown all year (who they stupidly [iMO] traded to the Redskins this offseason). They had inexperienced first year starter Jermon Bushrod playing his place. Bushrod was not that good and he gave up a ton of sacks. Go and look at the stats from the previous seasons when Brown was actually playing, and 2 of the 3 years Brees was sacked less than Peyton while attempting MORE passes.

And I don't know how much you value Pro Bowl births (I'd assume you value them alot looking at some of the other stats you used to back up your points), but the entire right side of our offensive line was voted to the Pro Bowl. Nicks was just as good, though he missed the cut. Bushrod.. eh, fuck that guy. He better step up this season.

You're looking at the wrong stats to determine who the better back is. Joseph Addai managed 35 more yards than Pierre Thomas, but he had 72 more carries than Thomas did. That is NOT good, my friend. It's not the be all-end all, but a much better indicator of HB success would be yards per carry. And Pierre Thomas DESTROYS Addai in that category with 5.4 yards a pop (good for a tie for 4th best in the league among qualifying ball carriers) compared to Addai's pedestrian 3.8 yards per carry. And Addai did this behind what you consider to be the better offensive line? Try again.

Oh, and Reggie Bush did even better than PT did, but he didn't have enough carries to qualify (only 70 carries, but he managed 5.6 yards a pop).

Another flawed usage of stats. Who got the bulk of the Colts yardage? Wayne (the best WR of the 2 groups) and Clark (the best TE of the 2 groups). Behind them, lets look at the #2 and #3 WRs. The Saints #2 guy Devery Henderson out performed the Colts #2 guys Pierre Garcon, and the Saints #3 guy Robert Meachem outperformed the Colts #3 guy Austin Collie. And we did that with our #1 WR from the previous season (Lance Moore) injured for the majority of the season. And btw, what the hell has Anthony Gonzalez done so far in his career? Nothing.

Not to sound condescending, but if you knew anything about football, you would know face value stats (INTs/PDs) alone are a horrible way to judge CBs, because it only tells a small portion of the story. Hell, if we are gonna go by just that, then Deltha O'Neal is one of the greatest CBs in NFL history (he sucked bad enough that got moved to WR). The most important part of a CB's job is actually covering the WR, and very few do that better than Jabari Greer. Before his injury, Greer was having a season on par with Darelle Revis.

Let me show you something

Greer had two interceptions this season and returned one for a touchdown. But his specialty was preventing big plays. Greer allowed just one touchdown pass -- a controversial 68-yard bomb to
's Roddy White, who appeared to push Greer away before making the catch. Even including that catch, Greer allowed just 201 yards and 4.9 yards per attempt during the regular season, according to
analyst KC Joyner, who writes for ESPN.com, The New York Times and other outlets. Joyner said 41 passes were thrown Greer's way, and 26 of them fell incomplete. The others were either completed or drew penalties.

That is a success rate of 63.4 percent for the defense. Stats Inc. came up with a similar number, saying Greer was "burned" on only 37.9 percent of passes thrown his way, which ranked second in the league behind Revis' 37.0.

See THAT is a better indicator of good/bad CB play than whatever it is you're using.

and BTW, where the hell did you pull that "Greer was ranked 88th against the pass" statistic from, because it's laughable.

and for the record, I never said anything about the Safeties, I was speaking strictly about the CBs. as a Safety duo, I'd rate a healthy Bob Sanders paired with Antoine Bethea over Darren Sharper and Roman Harper.

As far as defense goes the colts have the better d line and Dwight freeney was 2nd in sacks.

I never debated this, we are in agreement here.

But let's clear one thing up any true football fan knows that if the offense keeps scoring and gets a big lead, it pads the defenses stats bc the other team has to throw. I'm pretty sure the Saints weren't playing from behind in many games.

The Saints played a ton of close games, and also blew a bunch of teams out. Same as the Colts. I don't see what your point is

um, damn near everything?

Oh, and to the guy that mentioned Rodgers... One year does not a #1 QB in the NFL make. Don't get me wrong, I love Aaron Rodgers (no homo) and he's my favorite non-Saints QB in the league. What he did last year with such a shit o-line was pretty incredible, but you cant give him that title, especially not at the QB position, after just one season like that. his previous season was a good one, but not on par with his performance last season. if he has another season like last years he'll definately be in the discussion. As of now, I'd rate him 4th or 5th best in the league.

define consistent, because Brees was pretty damn consistent. Not only that, Brees was undeniably better in the postseason this past season, when it matters most.

Define consistent? If I may quote you once more:

Look at what Drew has done over the past couple of years. He's the best.

I won't say that Brees is a bad QB. He is one of my favourite QB's after Peyton, I absolutely love his accuracy, dedication and work ethics, BUT:

Let's take a look at Peyton's statistics:

- Fastest ever to reach 10,000 yards passing

- Fastest ever to reach 30,000 yards passing

- Fastest ever to 1,000 completions

- 4 time AP NFL MVP

- Most seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards (10)

- Most consecutive seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards (6)

- Most consecutive seasons with at least 25 touchdown passes (12)

- Most Touchdown Passes in a decade: 314

I'd say that's pretty consistent, not to say that Manning is one of the most clutch players in the history of sports alltogether. He holds the record for most 4th quarter comebacks in a season with 7, and we all know that these 4th quarter comebacks were ALL thanks to Peyton Manning's unbelievable consistency and determination as well as his unrivaled understanding of the game.

Again, I am a Brees fan, too, but Peyton Manning has given me moments in a game where I was asking myself "Is this guy even human???" - the pass to Collie in the AFC Championship game against the Jets was something I couldn't believe. That pass was otherworldly.

Brees never gave me that feeling. He is consistent, I do agree, and he's got as much heart and determination as any other elite player in the NFL, but for me, Manning always had that special aura, that special something that makes him a unique figure in the history of sports, along with MJ, Barry Bonds or even Argentina's Diego Maradona (soccer player).

The Saints were without their All-Pro LT Jammal Brown all year (who they stupidly [iMO] traded to the Redskins this offseason). They had inexperienced first year starter Jermon Bushrod playing his place. Bushrod was not that good and he gave up a ton of sacks. Go and look at the stats from the previous seasons when Brown was actually playing, and 2 of the 3 years Brees was sacked less than Peyton while attempting MORE passes.

In the 2 seasons where Brees got sacked less than Peyton, we also had injury problems on key positions of the O-line.

Both O-lines are elite with their key players, no doubt about it.

You're looking at the wrong stats to determine who the better back is. Joseph Addai managed 35 more yards than Pierre Thomas, but he had 72 more carries than Thomas did. That is NOT good, my friend. It's not the be all-end all, but a much better indicator of HB success would be yards per carry. And Pierre Thomas DESTROYS Addai in that category with 5.4 yards a pop (good for a tie for 4th best in the league among qualifying ball carriers) compared to Addai's pedestrian 3.8 yards per carry. And Addai did this behind what you consider to be the better offensive line? Try again.

I'm not going to enter THIS discussion, because the Colts' running game is definitely one of the least successful ones in the league. Although Addai got the job done when we needed him most last season and his importance to the team lies in his versatility, not his pure running skills.

I'll also hold out on the rest of this discussion (WRs, CBs) - IMO that's just nitpicking.

just to put this out there but darrelle revis is a better CB than greer. but i do agree that INT cant judge a CB cause revis only has 6 but he is the best. and with the better conrners most QBs tend to ignore that side of the field more so they get less opp. why do u think sharper did so good last year?? if was a no name to the general public and some QBs so thats why he shocked so many people and teams when he got so many int.s

Unless you watched every single Saints game last year, you shouldn't be talking about Shockey. If you watched every single game, you would know that he's used as much as a blocker as he is a receiver. He's also had to play with an injury. Drew Brees spread the ball so well last year that each receiver's stats (including his) weren't outstanding. Also, the Saints ran the ball better than the Colts. For these reasons, yes, the Colts receivers would have better stats than Shockey and the Saints receivers, but that doesn't make Shockey any less a beast. I'm a big Saints fan, so don't call me a moron, I know what I'm talking about.

i think the jets should be like a 93-95. they have a good quaterback, great running backs, hreat receivers, and the best defense in the nfl

Agreed. Jets should be the best team on the game. They made the AFC Championship with a ROOKIE Coach and ROOKIE QB plus they added so many great players in the offseason (Ladainian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, etc.) and had a good draft.

LOL @ a 9-7 team being the best team in the game. LT is completely washed up, and Antonio Cromartie isn't very good. he's a downgrade from what they had at CB last year.

!!!!!!!!!!! revis, cromartie and kyle wilson is a downgrade from revis and lito sheppard from last year!!! i watched every jet game last year and lito sheppard is old, and past his prime... and he only started half the games last year. and they went 9-7 with a rookie QB and without their second best defensive threat and possibley the secong best nose tackel in the game with kris jenkins getiing injured in week 3 i think? and braylon edwards showed up half way through the year and never had the chance to get used to the qb or the system so he will be better this year. plus with santionio holmes and edwards with one of the best 3rd down rev. in the game with jericho cotchery plus with a good talent TE with dustin keller. and dont forget that rex ryan and shone greene and mark sanchez are now in their second year which they will improve so dont try to say the jets were better last year or that cromartie is a downgrade from a crappy injured old cb in lito sheppard

Agreed. Jets should be the best team on the game. They made the AFC Championship with a ROOKIE Coach and ROOKIE QB plus they added so many great players in the offseason (Ladainian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, etc.) and had a good draft.

and dont forget jason taylor... aka the sack monster

and dont forget jason taylor... aka the sack monster

Bet u weren't saying that when he was still a Dolphin. It's funny how we as fans can hate a guy w/ a passion 1 day & then root 4 him the next just because his jersey changes. BTW I wouldn't start polishing this years trophy just yet. The phins beat the Jets twice last year w/o their starting qb, and once w/o their 2nd string qb. We also added some pieces & u can never count out the dreaded Pats. R the Jets going to play like they did in the 1st half of the season/ the second half. Also, ur qb had 20+ picks & only 13 td's, & ur ground game got much worse. Good luck w/ ur high hopes...

If you haven't yet noticed, Jason Taylor is past his prime. He isn't a 'sack master' anymore. Sure he can get the job done, but not near as well as he used to be able to.

lol i know but the jets dont have that sack threat so to have him even a little older im still happy

Bet u weren't saying that when he was still a Dolphin. It's funny how we as fans can hate a guy w/ a passion 1 day & then root 4 him the next just because his jersey changes. BTW I wouldn't start polishing this years trophy just yet. The phins beat the Jets twice last year w/o their starting qb, and once w/o their 2nd string qb. We also added some pieces & u can never count out the dreaded Pats. R the Jets going to play like they did in the 1st half of the season/ the second half. Also, ur qb had 20+ picks & only 13 td's, & ur ground game got much worse. Good luck w/ ur high hopes...

well thats right. why would i root for taylor when he was on the phins??? that wouldnt make any sense. im not saying taylor is my favorite player or the best player on the jets but once he signed with the jets i was happy because we didnt have that sack threat very much last year... and with waht else you said... yes you beat us twice last year but one loss was because rex ryan "forgot" he had 2 timeouts left in the 4th quater and the other game we outplayed you guys like crazy but you got so lucky with that kick returner(cant remember the name) getting 2 touchdowns on kick returns. in that game we outplayed you on offense, defense but you got extremely lucky with that guy. and hes not on the team anymore. and your team came in 3rd place last year!!! didnt even make the playoffs. and with what you said about the pats with a healthy tom brady the got killed in the 1st round of the playoffs and with a rookie qb and a rookie coach made it to the afc chamionship game! and we improved our secondary, linebackers, defensive line, wr, qb, and offensive line. we got kyle wilson in the draft and traded for cromartie, got jason taylor from u guys, got kris jenkins back from injury, got santonio holmes, canchez will do better in his secong year, and got younger in the offensive line. who did you guys add karlos dansby?? and brandon marshall! we added holmes who isnt as good but when you factor in your qb has never played a full season ill take my team any day... and you lost joey porter and jason taylor!! and our running game didnt get much worse, not as good as last year but LT will serve his purpose with being that guy that can catch it out of the backfield, and shonne greene showed great improvement in the playoffs. and we have the best O-line in football so that will help. so i dont need high hopes, everyone knows their one of the top contenders for the superbowl and the phins will stay in 3rd place.

Are You Serious? Colston? He wouldn't even be the Number one WR on almost half the teams in the NFL. Pierre Thomas? Probably isn't in the top 10 RB's in the league. Shockey? I'm not even going to start with him because he's a has-been. Lance Moore... Yeah about that. Darren Sharper is playing the best football at his career though. Good luck they're not going to repeat either because its way too hard to repeat in the NFL.

I don't know...the Raiders seem to suck every year