Upload server down?

lxl Jeff lxl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
is there a way i can make it so i can? or possibly find a mod that can do it for me? its not not like asking em to get me something hard.

Try making a Custom Character, saving it to your roster, and then uploading your roster to your "EA Locker" online.

If you just can't connect to EA for some odd reason (I don't know why you and only you would have that problem) then PM me and I'll do it for you.

Does anyone know if there is a trick to getting the ea server to work? Like something special you have to do to get it to work.

I have gone created a player, saved the roster, go to ea locker, upload roster1, and it sits there for a while like its doing something and then it says ea server unavailable. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step? I have gotten all the other online achievements except this one, so its not a connection issue.

Does anyone know if there is a trick to getting the ea server to work? Like something special you have to do to get it to work.

I have gone created a player, saved the roster, go to ea locker, upload roster1, and it sits there for a while like its doing something and then it says ea server unavailable. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step? I have gotten all the other online achievements except this one, so its not a connection issue.

Sometimes the servers just mess up, happen to me in one of there other games as well. You are doing all the steps right thou.

This is odd thats for sure. My bro got his NTSC xbox today (we're in the UK and wanna knock out the american exclusives before EA shut the servers down)... he got all the online achievements bar this one, same thing has happened. His boosting partner got the achievement no problem; to top it off I've loaded the game up, created a new profile, very 1st thing I've done before any other achievement is to try and upload and it worked.

We tried everything for his tag, moving it to a mem unit, to my hard drive, deleted the saved game data; still no luck.

One thing I did notice was when I uploaded the roster, it said 'used space 0kb, on his it was roughly 1500kb. I suggested to my bro to have a crack at ea sports world, try and look up the ea locker (dunno if you can online), and if there is anything thats got through try and delete it and then see what happens. We've also both uploaded stuff for the same achievement on Nascar 09 EU and that was ok. Lastly he was definitely connected to ea servers trying to get this roster achievement. One word springs to mind, glitchy' :confused:

This is odd thats for sure. My bro got his NTSC xbox today (we're in the UK and wanna knock out the american exclusives before EA shut the servers down)... he got all the online achievements bar this one, same thing has happened. His boosting partner got the achievement no problem; to top it off I've loaded the game up, created a new profile, very 1st thing I've done before any other achievement is to try and upload and it worked.

We tried everything for his tag, moving it to a mem unit, to my hard drive, deleted the saved game data; still no luck.

One thing I did notice was when I uploaded the roster, it said 'used space 0kb, on his it was roughly 1500kb. I suggested to my bro to have a crack at ea sports world, try and look up the ea locker (dunno if you can online), and if there is anything thats got through try and delete it and then see what happens. We've also both uploaded stuff for the same achievement on Nascar 09 EU and that was ok. Lastly he was definitely connected to ea servers trying to get this roster achievement. One word springs to mind, glitchy' :confused:

i'm very glad you mentioned the used space. mine says 0KB and the only thing i've ever uploaded to an EA locker was my roster for NCAA 08. so i can rule that out now.

i've tried every way from sunday to try and get this thing to work and it never takes my upload. this really takes the fuckin cake as far as glitched achievements go. i'm gonna end up with 970 on one of the easiest 1000s out there :mad::mad::mad:

i think i have another piece of the puzzle. whenever i try to play dragon age, it gives me a pop up saying i've been disconnected from EA servers shortly after loading my save. i think that maybe some accounts are not compatible with EA's servers or something and i'm one of the unfortunate few. but what bogles my mind is that i did this EXACT same achievement just fine with NCAA 08. a week ago no less.

my last ditch effort is to throw my profile on a memory card and bring it to my dad's house to try it there. if it doesn't work on his xbox then i give up.

Edited by TheFalcon

alright i'm reporting in from my dad's house. i brought my account on my memory card, loaded up the game and tried to upload a roster. nothing. i log out and log in under his account. he's never even put an EA game in his xbox, let alone NCAA 07. i save a roster and upload it on his account. achievement unlocked. same xbox, same internet connection, same roster file. works for him and doesn't work for me.

i was even able to download his roster from his locker. i tried to upload THAT file and i still couldn't connect.

so i can confirm that the EA servers just don't like our accounts for some reason. whatever the problem is with connecting to the upload servers, it has to do with our live accounts.

Damn thats not what I wanted to hear. But it seems to be different for some people. Some people have been able to get it to work by recovering through xbox live on another console. Others not so. I even tried to make a new account on my xbox and it wont upload either. So im not sure if its something thats tied to the console not allowing it to work. I know its not a port issue because I have set up everything correctly forwarded as well as being directly connected as the only connection but still does not work. I have yet to try another console though. Falcon have you tried recovering from xbox live on your dads console?

Falcon have you tried recovering from xbox live on your dads console?

wish i thought of that when i was there. i'm back home now so i can't try it because he doesn't own the game. i have no faith that it would work anyway seeing as how i had my account on his xbox through a memory card and it didn't work, even when i moved it to his hard drive and pulled the MU out.

i guess the only hope for us is to try and get an answer out of EA; which is not very much hope :(

by some grace of god, EA responed to my email.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting EA Technical Support.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We do understand you are having trouble updating the roster online.

We will need some more information to help locate the exact issue:-

Prior to this issue beginning, were you able to play online? And was there any change to your online setup? That may shed some light on what is causing this difficulty.

We would also request you to refresh your online connectivity through Xbox Live. The first thing you can do is to powercycle your modem. This is done by unplugging your modem from the power supply and letting it rest for about 10 to 15 minutes and then plugging it back in. During this time, you can reset your Xbox 360's time and date setting to the 11/15/2005 by following the below given steps.

·Press the Xbox Guide button on the controller to enter the Dashboard.

·Sign out of Xbox Live by pressing the X button.

·Select the System blade.

·Select Console Settings and press the A button.

·Select Clock and press the A button.

·Change the date to 11/15/2005 and press the A button to accept.

Combined, these steps may be able to refresh your console's connection to Xbox Live and resolve most, if not all of your connectivity issues.

Another thing you can do is to check the ports for Xbox Live. Connection issues typically are caused by one or more ports being blocked by a firewall, router, or even your Internet Service Provider to help maintain security. These ports are the doorways used to send and receive information between your computer and the server. First, try to bypass your router (if you have one) and see if the game can connect. If it does, then it means that the router itself may be blocking the needed ports for the game. If you are still unable to connect, the ports may be blocked directly by your Internet Service Provider.

The ports for Xbox Live are below. You may have to configure your router/firewall to have the game's ports open in order to connect to the servers properly. If you do not know how to configure your router, you can contact the manufacturer of the router for proper instructions. If you need to contact your ISP regarding these ports, make sure that they are open for both incoming and outgoing directions:

UDP Ports: 88 & 3074

TCP Port: 3074

We do hope that this will resolve the situation. If you have any other questions, then by all means feel free to let us know. You can also refer to our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase at http://support.ea.com for common technical questions.

Thank you,

Harve

EA Online Support

i tried all of the suggestions but none of them worked. the fact i actually got a decent response does give me a little hope though.

Look at this for a shocker of a response. Tragic!

I've already explained that people can still upload to their EA Locker, and others can't and wanna know HOW?! So did it again.

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Unfortunately we are in the process of shutting down the server for the game on February 2, 2010 and hence you cannot upload the roster to EA locker.

If there is anything else then please let us know.

Thank you

Temjen

EA Online Support.