Bitching thread

Now up until today i didn't feel the need to bitch at this game. During the last few days i've had a blast playing Hardline: trying out different guns, class unlocks and game modes.

Strangely enough for the first time ever in a Battlefield game (i've played every BF on console) i'm not just sticking to Conquest. Hotwire was a favourite since the Beta, but now i play a lot of Heist and my new favourite: Blood Money!

Every game mode i've tried felt polished and well balanced. Today i wanted to get some kills for a few different weapons so i did what i always do: jumped in a TDM match.... O boy! WTF happened there?! Absolutely NOBODY at Visceral bothered to check this game mode, it's a complete cluster fuck!

Matches start with both teams just scatered around the map, i've had numerous

occasions where at the start an enemy spawned 10 feet away from me. And it gets worse during the rest of the match: spawns are either directly between groups of enemies or in front of them, if you spawn somewhere and walk ten feet it could happen that enemies spawn behind you, it's madness!

These kind of things are really frustrating and stand out extra when the rest of the game is so well balanced...

Oh, and what's with the team option in the start menu?? It never works, leaving me with no chance switching squads if mine sucks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now up until today i didn't feel the need to bitch at this game. During the last few days i've had a blast playing Hardline: trying out different guns, class unlocks and game modes.

Strangely enough for the first time ever in a Battlefield game (i've played every BF on console) i'm not just sticking to Conquest.

I agree with you that the new game modes are quite enjoyable and it brings a fresh new spin that the FPS multiplayer genre desperately needed. Blood Money is currently my favorite mode by far, but I have yet to even try Crosshair, Rescue or Hotwire because I've spent all my time playing Blood Money! If I had to bitch about anything game mode related it would be that I'm not enjoying Conquest mode. Conquest just doesn't feel the same to me without jets and tanks and such. Also I found that people just sit and wait for helicopter spawns because of the lack of other offensive vehicles.

TDM match.... O boy! WTF happened there?! Absolutely NOBODY at Visceral bothered to check this game mode, it's a complete cluster fuck!

Matches start with both teams just scatered around the map, i've had numerous

occasions where at the start an enemy spawned 10 feet away from me. And it gets worse during the rest of the match: spawns are either directly between groups of enemies or in front of them, if you spawn somewhere and walk ten feet it could happen that enemies spawn behind you, it's madness!

These kind of things are really frustrating and stand out extra when the rest of the game is so well balanced...

While I can't speak on this issue because I haven't played TDM in Hardline, the whacky spawns are the reason I was never a fan of TDM in other games as I tended to experience exactly this. In other games I would always get instantly killed in TDM because I would spawn right next to an enemy.

Oh, and what's with the team option in the start menu?? It never works, leaving me with no chance switching squads if mine sucks.

Haven't tried changing squads from the start menu, but if you go over to the team tab in the deployment window, it worked just fine for me.

As for my gripes with the game, there aren't many things I would change. I thoroughly enjoyed the single player campaign, which is saying a lot for a game I purchase for the MP. If I had one gripe about the campaign it's that Hardline difficulty wasn't challenging enough. Yes, you read that correctly. I wish Hardline was a tad bit more challenging! Hardline actually felt easier than Veteran. Maybe it was because I wasn't worried about collectibles or capturing warrants alive or maybe it was because I already knew the layouts of the levels and enemy locations, but I think the total length of all the cutscenes was about the same length it took me to beat the campaign. The unskippable cutscenes is also ridiculous in 2015. I can understand developers making me watch cutscenes once, but having to watch them again is unacceptable. I'm no game developer but something tells me adding the ability to skip cutscenes wouldn't be hard. The ability to do so should always be an option.

As far as multiplayer goes, I enjoy the way every weapon that I have used feels and I like the introduction of the money system. Being able to buy whatever you want at your leisure is a cool feature. I question some of the level designs for some game modes though. I believe on the map "The Block", on Blood Money the cash pile is much closer to one team's vault than the other and one side of that building (side closest to money pile) isn't destroyable, while the other wall is. Move the money pile into the middle of that building and make that other wall destroyable. Other than that though, I'm loving the game!

i did what i always do: jumped in a TDM match.... O boy! WTF happened there?! Absolutely NOBODY at Visceral bothered to check this game mode, it's a complete cluster fuck!

Matches start with both teams just scattered around the map, i've had numerous

Holy shit, fucking this. Literally just place explosives at your feet when you spawn and run backwards towards the map barrier. People literally spawn only along the edges of the map. Great if you can manage to get into the middle of the map and take up position thats covered and elevated.

Another issue I, as well as other people I know is shotgun latency. When you shoot it takes until AFTER pumping the next round into the chamber to get a hit marker or have the other player be affected. This throws off the sound when using War Tapes as well. My player will be loading a round and it will act as if Im shooting accompanied by a flash from the barrel.

MP5k nerf when? Tested with a friend on the other team, 3 bullets to the leg to die WITH SUPPRESSOR. OP much? Seems like they nerfed the P90(barely noticeable) and buffed the hell out MP5k. Its range is ridiculous and its controlablilty is totally unaffected by the "recoil" it has. Its hip aim area is absolutely too small.

Is it just me or does the visibility cone for the Professional classes camera tool not appear on the radar? It would be nice to know just how far it can see and how wide its view is. When I spot someone they almost instantly have the spot marker disappear. What gives?!

It's seriously fucked up that what is by far the best gun in the game (acwr)....is a dlc gun. Although I guess it's not saying a whole lot when most of the weapons are crap, especially if you aren't an operator

P.s I just got shot through yet another wall because my feet or ass were showing.

You haven't used the UMP then have you?

It's seriously fucked up that what is by far the best gun in the game (acwr)....is a dlc gun. Although I guess it's not saying a whole lot when most of the weapons are crap, especially if you aren't an operator

Maybe it just looks like it's the best weapon because a lot of people use it and thus you get killed by it a lot. But the best weapon is definitely the M416. Almost no recoil (compared to other weapons) the highest damage with 28 and a drop off that only starts around 40 meters and a fast reload of 2,2 seconds.

I'd like to know how multiplayer even plays in this game seeing as I can't even connect it online. I can't get to the premium part, I can't load the battlelog and I can't get into multiplayer. My NAT type is open and according to EAs site their servers are up and running. I'm so sick and tired of this happening everytime I buy a new game.

It's only a minor one, but seems I've got to replay episode 1 now I've got the full game unlocked. Progress hasn't saved beyond the prologue.

Same here. I go into Episodes, and it shows that Prologue and Episode 1 are available to play, but no Episode 2, even though I completed both during EA Access. I even have the MP Patch for completing Episode 1...

I'm avoiding TDM till it's fixed, Visceral is aware of the issues so let's hope it gets sorted out soon. I noticed the grenade launcher can be hit or miss. Last night there was a enemy in a elevator, I shot into it rushed to the elevator and got killed. The enemy only lost 30 health...

Also, there are times when I should be getting "assist counts as kill" but it's not registering.

My biggest gripe with Hardline so far is that the game only shipped with NINE maps. Already they're feeling a bit stale and we've got at least a couple of months to wait until the first DLC.

Also, I'm already "ready" for rent-a-server so I can play on 24/7 500% ticket servers on "The Block". That map may feel like an adrenaline-fueled cluster-fuck, but it's still fun as hell. Easily my favorite map in every mode.

Rubber banding is an issue for me today to the point I've turned it off, the games worked perfect for me over EA access but I'm guessing the release over Europe has taken its toll on the servers.

Also the stakeout shotgun is so weak i can never get a OHK on anyone, maybe the lag like.

My biggest gripe with Hardline so far is that the game only shipped with NINE maps. Already they're feeling a bit stale and we've got at least a couple of months to wait until the first DLC.

This. Especially since they make you play the same maps twice in a row... If they think boring us will make us pony up for the DLC, they better think again.

Also, I'm already "ready" for rent-a-server so I can play on 24/7 500% ticket servers on "The Block". That map may feel like an adrenaline-fueled cluster-fuck, but it's still fun as hell. Easily my favorite map in every mode.

Blood Money on Thr Block is the shit!

Here's another thing to bitch about: AGAIN the Support (Enforcer) Class gets screwed over!! It's been this way in BF4 and again in Hardline...

I'm talking about the disappearing explosives upon dying for the Enforcer class! While tripmines and sabotage charges remain after you die, for some fucked up reason breaching charges disappear! WHY!?

Here's another thing to bitch about: AGAIN the Support (Enforcer) Class gets screwed over!! It's been this way in BF4 and again in Hardline...

I'm talking about the disappearing explosives upon dying for the Enforcer class! While tripmines and sabotage charges remain after you die, for some fucked up reason breaching charges disappear! WHY!?

Probably because the detonater is refreshed.

Guest Scotty

Those TDM spawn! :eek:

Squad Deathmatch was what i played on BF4 so naturally with them removing that(something to bitch about in itself:p) we tried Team Deathmatch. Me and my mate lastet 2 games before going back to Hotwire to get easy money just driving around. That's one thing i hope they don't fix, because the game mode istelf is ok, but nothing i would be playing without the easy money, so it's good to spend a session doing that to get rich then buy what you want and return to the game mode you like most.

I will say though that the other game modes can be quite good. I've only played Heist and Blood Money for the achievements but enjoyed bith of them quite a lot.

EDIT: Forgot too, i hate how the guns are only on 1 side. I know you can get 1250 kills then buy the liscence for it to be on the other team, but fuck that. It takes forever plus you can only get kills for your gun in half of the games you play considering the other half you can't use it. :rant:

Not that unbalanced, I consistently win on both sides but yes the money pile isn't in the center of the map and the criminals have easier access to the building.

I've never seen the cops win. Only played it 6 or so times but it's always the criminals. The only advantage the cops have is they can throw a Molotov against the wall and it somehow lights the room on the other side on fire.

EDIT: Also, people who don't defend the vault or when they hear the vault is getting robbed, do nothing. GTFO

Edited by tripleb2k