Assault Ops: C-3 Glitched?

Trucido

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem on F-2 with killing 20 suicide grunts with the Scorpion Tank, I'm stuck at 0 out of 20. I'm pretty sure the glitch is essentially the same as those that are over-progressing certain Ops (example: somone has 144/40 Needle kills). So we might be screwed forever. I'm going to try getting the Assault Op offline after I delete my save file. If it allows me to complete the Op I need on F-2, then I'll sign back online and see if it keeps my progress.

If it doesn't, plan B is to delete my save file and replay ALL of the Assault Ops just to pop the achievement.

I'm HIGHLY disappointed with 343 and I will probably never buy another game of theirs again if this glitch doesn't get fixed (never bought Halo 4, never planned on it).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem with A New Sheriff In Town, it's going up very slowly so I'm hoping it will pop eventually (it's gone up once in the last hour). I've tried uncharged/charged plasma pistols, needlers, magnums, kills made whilst in and out of stealth...no idea what is causing it to increase the counter now and then but I'm glad it's progressing slightly.

The weird thing is, I had 8/20 before I started going for this achievement so the brief time spent playing through the campaign didn't have any problems meeting the requirements.

Edit: Just unlocked it now, I found a consistent way to make the counter increase by one per run was to sign out, sign in, complete level A-1, then play C-3 and repeating the process. I don't know if completing A-1 was necessary or if I could just quit out of the level after loading, but I'd suggest this method for anyone caught in the same situation. C-3 did not require completion of the level, I would kill elites until I died and then quit out. The game also isn't necessarily recording the first pistol kill of the level with this glitch, as my message popped halfway through the level from a charged plasma pistol after already killing several elites with charged/uncharged shots and magnums.

Edited by Didi Mau