Getting gold medal on Scarab Mission (7) ?

Infection Ftw

I attempted quite a number of times for this gold medal too, the key would be finishing the mission real quick, you must get at least 4x (or 4.5?) for the time modifier.

I did it in the normal map, sweep thru the map with one or two scorpions, while massing them, as soon as you have like half a dozen or so, start attacking it, and MAC blast it.

Another strategy i read is you just need to make two scorpions to sweep the map (power nodes, locust, everything), and just MAC blast the scarab, upgrade MAC blast if you have spare credits.

upgrade MAC blast if you have spare credits.

You can't upgrade MAC blast in that mission. You can't build that Upgrade building. But I will try Scorpions then. And I guess to wait till the scarabs beam is going at the other side and use those walls as cover?

Edit: you can make field armory but you just can't upgrade the MAC blast.

Edited by Infection Ftw

You can't upgrade MAC blast in that mission. You can't build that Upgrade building. But I will try Scorpions then. And I guess to wait till the scarabs beam is going at the other side and use those walls as cover?

Edit: you can make field armory but you just can't upgrade the MAC blast.

Do it on easy, the Mac Blast actually hurts it.

24451 now... too low Combat Bonus. Anyway I use the MAC Blast I just said you can't upgrade it. Time for another attempt.

My mistake.

You need to kill plenty of enemies and quickly as well as completing the mission under the par time.

To get the max multiplyer for time, it must be UNDER the minimum time for par.

I'm having real problems with this level. Is there a definitive strategy for getting gold on it?

I've currently been trying it on easy, I destroyed all the enemies on the map, beat the bonus objectives of destroying the power nodes and locusts (2 of which only appear on the 11th minute, does this happen with anyone else?), and then destroyed the scarab at about 12 minutes with a 4.5x time bonus multiplier at the end and I still don't get gold. I get around 29000. I've also tried forgetting about getting the last 2 locusts, and ended up destroying the scarab at about 9 minutes in, but still don't get it. I also activate all the skulls that increase your score at the end.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

I found this quite hard but then I did the level again on easy... I just produced about 8 tanks and upgraded them fully.. As soon as I could I started destroying all the power nod things.. During this I'd 'Mac Blast' the Scarab. I also put on these 3 skulls:

Rebel Sympathizer

Rebel Supporter

Rebel Leader

I took my 8 or so tanks around the whole level taking out all the Nods etc, whilst still Mac Blasting the Scarab. And I think this is the thing you have to do for gold! I lost no units! The scarab didn't destroy any tanks and nor did any of the enemy units. I got a score of 3465! I was in par time and gold awarded.

do it on Easy with Fully upgraded warthogs destroy the power nodes. Send out 4 cobras and deploy them in front of the scarab. with luck the scarab will shoot down your wall and ignore the units shooting it. and use the mac blast whenever possible

• 1 year later...

This one is hard but simple. First put on all the debuff skulls, put the difficulty to easy. To start of, upgrade your reactors. Also build supply pads and upgrade them too. For your turrets upgrde all of them to a rail gun (Anti-vehicle). Now build 7 scorpions and fully upgrade them. Whenever the Mac Blast is available use it on the scarab. Now send 3 of your scorpions to destroy the power nodes and loscusts, if they are fully upgraded this should be no problem, now this is the key - do NOT lose any units. After all the power nodes are destroyed and most enemies (I only destroyed 9/10 locusts) send your units to kill the scarab. Make sure the scarabs head is pointing the opposite way to your route. If you have been Mac blasting it, then it should have very little health . Finish it off and make sure no units are destroyed.

It took me 14 minutes so don't worry about time.

My Final Score : 40914!

Hope this helps.

Note: Just do it in co-op, you will end up with gold no matter what happens. Ended up with over 70,000 points.

Edited by US07

• 6 months later...

Sorry, I know this is an OLD thread, but I've just been trying to do this for an hour as it's the last mission to get Gold on for an achievement.

I got 44000, without skulls.

Objective Score: 2750

Combat Bonus: 27500 (10.00 x)

Time Bonus: 13750 (5.00 x)

Skulls Bonus: 0 (I didn't put any skulls on, I only have about 3 skulls so far).

What I did was:

Build a field armory, and the rest of the spare plots as Supply Pads, upgrade these to Heavy Supply Pads as soon as possible. Upgrade the single reactor to a double reactor.

Send your infantry to collect what supplies there are close to your base.

Don't attack the scarab or anything else yet.

Upgrade the Scorpions with the two upgrades (one after the other).

Use the field armory to +10 your max capacity.

At this point I upgraded my Turrets to Medium and Large, and set them as rail gun front and missile back to protect the base, this may not be necessary.

Build as many scorpions as possible, once you have 5 or 6, send them up the right side, taking out all the nodes, use the Y attack and keep them behind cover or enemies between them and the Scarab. You should be able to take out 3 or 4 nodes in this area. Move them to safety top right of the map.

Check your base for more scorpions, take these left, need as many as possible, and take out the remaining nodes here, then come up the left side of the scarab and attack it, be sure to place the scorpions as far out of reach as it's beam as possible, do the same the other side, now, fire a couple of mac blasts, select all local units and spam X and Y, scarab is dead before it can get it's beam close enough to either set of scorpions, no units lost, quick mission time, super points.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Sorry, I know this is an OLD thread, but I've just been trying to do this for an hour as it's the last mission to get Gold on for an achievement.

Skulls Bonus: 0 (I didn't put any skulls on, I only have about 3 skulls so far).

What I did was:

Build a field armory, and the rest of the spare plots as Supply Pads, upgrade these to Heavy Supply Pads as soon as possible. Upgrade the single reactor to a double reactor.

At this point I upgraded my Turrets to Medium and Large, and set them as rail gun front and missile back to protect the base, this may not be necessary.

Build as many scorpions as possible, once you have 5 or 6, send them up the right side, taking out all the nodes, use the Y attack and keep them behind cover or enemies between them and the Scarab. You should be able to take out 3 or 4 nodes in this area. Move them to safety top right of the map.

Check your base for more scorpions, take these left, need as many as possible, and take out the remaining nodes here, then come up the left side of the scarab and attack it, be sure to place the scorpions as far out of reach as it's beam as possible, do the same the other side, now, fire a couple of mac blasts, select all local units and spam X and Y, scarab is dead before it can get it's beam close enough to either set of scorpions, no units lost, quick mission time, super points.

Wow!!!! Thank you so much this was like the 10th strategy I tried and finally got 51484....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

What I did was:

Worked like a charm on Halo Wars Definite Edition for PC.

This was the last mission i needed a gold medal. I didn't even killed all locust, only the power nodes.