TGS: Kingdom Hearts HD Remix Coming to PS3

Akuza

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqrnkirQlGo4m890WrkuoG2FnBYotpeI5-lcd3MpNqkgZovRXG

Kingdom Hearts and Chain of Memories in glorious HD.

During the Tokyo Game show today, Square Enix revealed that Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix is coming to PlayStation 3. The collection will include the original Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories, with trophy support for both. [update: This story originally stated that Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days would be included as well, but only cut scenes from that title remade in HD will be included in theater mode.]

The collection includes the “Final Mix” version of Kingdom Hearts and is scheduled to be released in Japan next year. For now, no European or North American release has been announced, but we’ll update if we hear any more info.

Kingdom Hearts was originally released on PlayStation 2 in 2002. Chain of Memories first hit Game Boy Advance in 2004 and was re-made as Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories on PlayStation 2 in 2008.

SOURCE

YESSS!!!!

Love kingdom hearts and I'm happy just for a HD redo for now !

Don't know what kingdom hearts is? WHY?!

Here's the original trailer!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVXGKfxWAI4&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Kingdom Hearts 1 Trailer (English) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Akuza

Really happy to see we are getting the final mix version. Damn shame that Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't in this though. Guess we'll have to wait for the 2.5 HD collection.

Well I was discussing this with some friends last night and what we think OS that kingdom hearts 2 final mix will come with the next kingdom hearts game for the ps3

Kind of like what medal of honor did with MOH:frontlines

http://img.dooyoo.co.uk/GB_EN/orig/0/8/0/6/2/806253.jpg

If that happened it'd be amazing!

Hey, I'll have a reason to turn my PS3 on next year!

Kidding aside, there's this, The Last of Us and that Ni No Kuni, or whatever it's called.

I never played any of the handheld KH games, so there will be something new there for me too.

Well kh chains of memories played slightly different to the console versions, 358/2 days played basically the same and birth by sleep is its own kingdom hearts game with the same kingdom hearts mechanic !

I've been expecting this for a while TBH, but there are two things about this announcement that surprise me.

1) The lack of Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. I always expected this collection to have been at least Kingdom Hearts-FM, Kingdom Hearts RE: CoM, and Kingdom Hearts 2-FM, so the lack of KH2 is kinda disappointing, I was also kinda hoping for BBS-FM to be included as well.

2) The lack of a WiiU release. Sure these games are PS2 games, but Kingdom Hearts is just as relevant on Nintendo platforms as it is on PlayStation (if not more so this Gen), plus Chain of Memories was originally on the GBA. It would have also made it easier (especially if it had also included KH2-FM and BBS-FM) for SE to have had a multi-platform release for Kingdom Hearts 3 when it finally arrives, but I dunno, part of me understands why it's just a PS3 exclusive, but it still seems stupid having the series cut completely across two competing company's, it would have been nice to have had the whole series on one company's systems.

The general thought process seems to be that 2.5 will have KH2:FM+, BBSFM and scenes from the 3DS Coded game or DDD. Especially if this sells enough, why not make more money off of two collections?

I really...really...want this. Obviously saddened that the chance of a 360 release is so tiny it's crazy...but it makes getting a PS3 all the more worth it. The only thing is: will it have an American/European release? And will we still get FM? Or will they shit on us and say "lol, that's Japan only!"?

The general thought process seems to be that 2.5 will have KH2:FM+, BBSFM and scenes from the 3DS Coded game or DDD. Especially if this sells enough, why not make more money off of two collections?

I really...really...want this. Obviously saddened that the chance of a 360 release is so tiny it's crazy...but it makes getting a PS3 all the more worth it. The only thing is: will it have an American/European release? And will we still get FM? Or will they shit on us and say "lol, that's Japan only!"?

Well even if the game is Japan only, the ps3 and its games are all region free :D

So it'll be the biggest import of the decade if they do that!

Yeah it'll likely be Japan only. The Final Mix games have English voice acting but the text is still Japanese, so for the Japanese version they just need to HD'ify the first game, where as to release it outside of Japan they would need to translate all the text it into English. Of course RE:CoM is as easy as the Japanese Final Mix as there was already an English release (although it never made it to Europe :()

make Kingdom Heart 3 already, fuck.

This i agree with!

BUT

Having a HD remake is always good.

Brings the game to people who have never played it before, even creates more of an audience for a new game, so that it may sell just as well too.

I thought kh2 would come bundled with kh3.

BUT (again)

They have just released dream drop distance and Birth by sleep ... So some people are saying they'll do a 2.5 with...

Kh2

Dream drop distance

Birth by sleep

All in it, in full HD, which would be awesome..but that would push kh3 back to like 2014/2015 :( ...

• 1 month later...

I'm genuinely gutted that it's ps3 exclusive. I mean, they've released the games on different platforms for years now! (I & II - ps2, CoM - GBA, 368/2 - DS, BBS - PSP, DDD - 3DS) I had hoped they'd do what FFXIII did by releasing them on multiple platforms, but I guess not :(