Gravel

I use Gravel for my "driveway" up to houses... and of course, to fill up lava pools when I forget to bring a bucket of water with me. I have another use for it... but it's kind of crazy.

I use it as a "depth gauge" when I'm exploring deep cave systems. What I do, is I place a dirt block against the lip of the steep drop. Then, I place a block of gravel on top of that dirt block. I then place a torch on top of the gravel block. And lastly, I break ONLY the dirt block under the gravel block. I watch closely, as the gravel block falls down to the bottom of the pit, with the torch lighting the way. It's much like dropping glow stones down a pit, to gauge depth while scuba diving.

It works pretty well, because if you can't SEE the torchlight after a certain point, you KNOW you're going to fall to your death.

...though, I don't use it as much anymore, now that I carry two buckets of water in my inventory, so I can make water elevators.

Me and a mate have got chests full of the stuff. Sometimes I throw it in lava to dispose of it. All the textures I've seen in the PC version look so much better including wood planks. Hope we get these textures soon.

wont get most of them anytime soon, most of the changes to the textures have been recent, only 2 that was close to this version were cobble and clay bricks

some of the nicer ones that arent in this at all will be coming soon though like stone brick

wont get most of them anytime soon, most of the changes to the textures have been recent, only 2 that was close to this version were cobble and clay bricks

some of the nicer ones that arent in this at all will be coming soon though like stone brick

I seriously forgot just how ugly cobblestone was in the old days.