South Central... help!

hi guys, can you play the southcentral dlc without doing any of the game's career?

i only ask because i recently lost all of my savegames for every single game ive played. i had finished midnight club career awhile ago and 2 days ago brought south central dlc.

when i start game it takes me to begining of new career and i cant find any way to do the south central races... please dont tell me i have to do the career again!!!

advice please... thx

• 3 weeks later...

I have 100% career completion and a valid save (as I am just going through the achievements now) and I still cant play south central DLC.

I get the loading screen for south central when I boot the game, tried racing about 5 races and still no invite.

Just been going through the Goal Attack things while I figure it out :/

• 7 months later...

did you make sure to buy the premium and not the regular.

the map portion can be downloaded for free.

but the career portion is another download(including the map if you dont already have it)

as for the original question yes you can do the dlc career without the regular but will be a little more challenging because the cars are slow and youll have to pay for everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m thinking the same thing as the last poster, are you sure you downloaded the full DLC and not just the map? The map should be free but that’s just for people to race online without having to buy the DLC. Its additional game add-on content so having completed the main career shouldn’t effect the south central missions from showing up.

What happens when you drive down there? Do you see markers for side races or anything? If not I think you just got the free map.

**EDIT**

Just realized this was posted almost a year ago. I hate when someone digs up an old post and it shows up as recent. Of course I also see the OP managed to complete the game so he obviously figured out whatever the problem was. Something else I hate is when people come to a forum asking for help with a problem and never bother coming back to update when they finally figure it out.

Edited by ReaptheChaos