Changing the date to do past challanges

Hybridchld

Ok so after the new challenge achievements were added people figured out you could change your system clock and go back four months and do the challenges from September on.

Well the good news is now that it's into February you can still go back as far as September!

Turns out the game had an update back in September 2013 to make the challenges playable offline and it would seem that no matter the current date you will always be able to go back as far as September 2013 to start working on the achievements.

So in theory by September 2014 there will be enough of a backlog of challenges that you will be able to change you system clock and and get all 12 badges when ever suits you.

I hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

Can you give a step by step guide on how to do this method?

I changed the date on my computer (I started with September 1, 2013), loaded up the game but it didn't sign into Xbox Live. I tried October 1, 2013 and it also didn't sign into Xbox Live. I then changed to November 1, 2013 and finally it signed into Xbox Live. However, once I clicked into the Daily Challenge section (which displayed the changed date) an Error message appeared which said something along the lines that it couldn't load the table. This Error message also happened on December 1, 2013 and January 1, 2014.

I got the game when it was originally released and got the original 4 achievements in the first few days. I didn't played it anymore until last week when I learned there were new achievements. I already unlocked a few and got the Gold Medal for February 2014.

Besides that info, there are two Microsoft accounts on my computer, but mine is the only one that has Xbox Live Gold.

Please help. Thanks!

Don't worry about it not signing into live it wouldn't sign me in for September or October either.

Try changing the dates to the last day of the month, that's how I did it and it also means you can get that months medals without having to change the date multiple times in the same month.

I just checked in case things changed after the last update and it still works for me by going to the last days of September, October and November

Edited by Hybridchld

Tried it and it didn't work. The date changes in the game but once I click on Daily Challenges the following message appears:

There was a problem downloading Daily Challenge date. Please refer to error code: 002000. Try Again/Cancel

I guess I won't be able to exploit this glitch. Oh well.

Tried it and it didn't work. The date changes in the game but once I click on Daily Challenges the following message appears:

There was a problem downloading Daily Challenge date. Please refer to error code: 002000. Try Again/Cancel

I guess I won't be able to exploit this glitch. Oh well.

Same with me. I tried on both my tablet (Windows RT) and my laptop (Windows 8.1) and I get the same error message on both.

Edit: I also tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling to no avail.

Edited by mdp 73
Added a note

• 1 month later...

I was unable to change my date after the Premium ran out. I'm not sure if having that screwed up the option to do so. I missed a day and was unable to change back for the month straight as well.

Again, I am just guessing that this is in relation to buying Premium and not an update. I did the uninstall/reinstall for both my laptop and Tablet. If someone is able to successfully change the date after buying Premium I'd love to know. My medals are correct, so no luck on the early achievement as of yet.

• 1 month later...

I went to the right bottom of the screen on the desktop where it shows your clock. Changed the date (You have to have the Minesweeper app completely closed out). Open Minesweeper and it shows the 'new' date. I was able to do this in March, but in April, it wouldn't let me go back to previous months. I haven't tried using the last day of the month yet, I have heard that works for previous 4 months.

• 1 year later...

Here is my experience with this: I have changed the date back as far as December and it's still working fine, though I haven't played when it wouldn't let me sign into Xbox live. To get around it, I would close out completely, change the date back to the current date, then log in again, minimize the game and change the date back to the last day of the past month. Do all that before going into the Daily Challenges. The icon would still show the current date, but then when I went into it, it would load the past month's challenges. I've tried to time it so I get the last one legitimately so it unlocks on the current date so it doesn't look fishy or like I'm cheating to Xbox. But when I have gotten them retroactivately the achievements didn't pop until I logged into the program with the current date on my PC. Set the date to the last day of the month and you can do all the challenges from the month and get the badge.

I also got Wins at Your Back in one night using this method, of course I had to shut down the program and log in again changing it to every day of the month. I was really glad to get this one in one night after trying it three times legitimately not knowing I couldn't have the program open in the background on my tablet when the date changed. However my achievement timestamp says 5/31/15 when I just unlocked it yesterday. This is the only game I've had issues with though, as the first time I attempted it I did Taptiles and Sudoku at the same time every day as well and got both of the similar achievements on that attempt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It looks like now, if You are still using Windows 8, You cannot use this method, as it does not allow You to load previous days (You still can go to the past for one or two days, but not more). At least for me, it happens only on Windows 8, and for some reason on Windows 10 You still can go back in the time as far as You wish. Maybe it is somehow related to the new Xbox app, but I am not sure.

Okay, this message is just the warning for those who are going to earn Wins at Your Back and who still use Windows 8.