Save files

rdskns170

So my roommate borrowed GTA5 from his friend and started playing it, turns out he was playing on my account(He's a casual gamer and didn't know or didn't think it would affect me. Now honestly I don't care to much as I have plenty of games with only 1 or 2 achievements(Stupid kinect games), but since it's GTA and its laying on my table I thought I might as well play it before his friend wants it back, seeing as my rooommate has only unlocked 1 achievement and likely won't progress more than another 2 hours into the game.

I started the game up and it directly loaded me to his game putting me where he last played off, or a spawn etc.

Not wanting to be a douche I didn't do anything and decided to play another game, so that I didn't erase his file.

So my question is, can you have more than one save file or not?

you can have a new save file and start a new story...but I noticed that this game is different than other GTA's save system.

Before We would get a bunch of numbered slots and you would save on the number you wanted to.

With GTA4 I had my main file on slot's 1 and 2. Lost and Damned on 5 and 6

Ballad of Gay Tony on 9 and 10.

Each time I saved on slot 2, that file would remain on slot 2.

With this game we dont have the predetermined slot numbers. So you make a save, it will show file 1, make another and you will see 2 numbered files.

The problem is that these files arent assigned to a number.

Your most recent save will always be moved to the top of the list and become the new Save Slot 1.

It's pretty much the normal way other games show your files...where the most recent save is always on top.

So if he ever did play it again...just make sure you let him know the deal..also this way you wont override his save too by thinking that you can just keep saving over file 2.

So my roommate borrowed GTA5 from his friend and started playing it, turns out he was playing on my account(He's a casual gamer and didn't know or didn't think it would affect me. Now honestly I don't care to much as I have plenty of games with only 1 or 2 achievements(Stupid kinect games), but since it's GTA and its laying on my table I thought I might as well play it before his friend wants it back, seeing as my rooommate has only unlocked 1 achievement and likely won't progress more than another 2 hours into the game.

I started the game up and it directly loaded me to his game putting me where he last played off, or a spawn etc.

Not wanting to be a douche I didn't do anything and decided to play another game, so that I didn't erase his file.

So my question is, can you have more than one save file or not?

Another way you could avoid problems is to save to a usb storage device for your roommate, and the hard drive or cloud for yourself. All you do is once the game save option opens select X to change storage device and choose the one you want.

Another way you could avoid problems is to save to a usb storage device for your roommate, and the hard drive or cloud for yourself. All you do is once the game save option opens select X to change storage device and choose the one you want.

Yeah, that's a better way of doing it, especially since he's a casual gamer.