"Homecoming" Freezing Fix

Okay after trying dozens of times and loads of methods, I've finally passed this mission. This method just worked twice in a row and involves a combination of several methods.

Firstly, after getting the mission, there will be 1 or 2 cars in front of you. You need to get the car furthest away from you (closest to the wall). This is the only vehicle that worked for me.

Next take this route slowly:

http://i.imgur.com/mh5Nnaa.jpg

When you've picked up Sweet and you're back in control of CJ, don't drive forward, instead turn around and go the route you came (Under the bridge) and straight back to Grove Street. Take out the gangs and that's it!

Please post if this method worked for you or not. Hope it works as this drove me nuts!

• 2 weeks later...

Or blow up both cars, problem solved. Worked for me and did bit testing for that.

If there is only 1 car spawned at mission start, you should have no freezing, but if there is 2 then there is problem, that can be sorted by blowing them up.

Edited by zalexzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Or blow up both cars, problem solved. Worked for me and did bit testing for that.

If there is only 1 car spawned at mission start, you should have no freezing, but if there is 2 then there is problem, that can be sorted by blowing them up.

this worked. this mission froze on me twice. Now audio problems also outside of missions. it sounds like static. man i paid 20$ for this. i find it funny the original Xbox version on the marketplace had no problems. this shit pissing me off.