Circuit Breaker.. ugh.

I found doing it like in the video posted just above regularly gets over 100m

I agree - the video technique is quite reliable (quite a flat sideways throw).

If you want to hit the equipment on the right of the screen, tilting your body so your sort of facing to 2 o'clock (kinda diagonal to the screen) - can help to ensure it goes over that side.

IT'S FINALLY DONE! 1250/1250 GET! :woop:

I spent a good hour just playing it over and over again. I came up with the strategy of running my butt off at the start and as soon as I heard the beeps stop I positioned myself for my throw. I put my left foot forward and moved my arm. When moving my arm I looked at my avatars arm to get the angle just right. Doing this I kept getting over 100M so it was just a matter of being lucky and getting it to go left.

Im so glad this ordeal is over.

IT'S FINALLY DONE! 1250/1250 GET! :woop:

I spent a good hour just playing it over and over again. I came up with the strategy of running my butt off at the start and as soon as I heard the beeps stop I positioned myself for my throw. I put my left foot forward and moved my arm. When moving my arm I looked at my avatars arm to get the angle just right. Doing this I kept getting over 100M so it was just a matter of being lucky and getting it to go left.

Im so glad this ordeal is over.

Well done Hero-of-Time !

13 left for me...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Two months later still no pesky achievement...

I didn't think it was possible to land as close to the equipment without hitting it as I did the other night. Literally in-game inches away from the one of the right side. So annoying that there isn't at least a little bit of auto-targetting, so that if you're pretty close to it, it automatically hits it.

All of my natural throws go to the left side, near that equipment. Figured I'd try actually aiming right to throw into that equipment, but after playing for 2 hours Saturday morning, still no luck.

8 achievements left, and this one is still so elusive...

Edited by Necrophage33

I have the achievement. After about four hours a day trying to get it over a three day period, I finally got it 12 hours and three less pounds later. It was a seriously pain in the butt, but it's possible. Here's how:

Instead of swinging your arm straight, swing your arm around to the side. Not completely, but a lot. I got it on the right side with my right arm. It's located about 114-118 yards, depending on where you hit it, from the line. Jus keep at it and I'm sure you'll get it. (^_^)

I have the achievement. After about four hours a day trying to get it over a three day period, I finally got it 12 hours and three less pounds later. It was a seriously pain in the butt, but it's possible. Here's how:

Instead of swinging your arm straight, swing your arm around to the side. Not completely, but a lot. I got it on the right side with my right arm. It's located about 114-118 yards, depending on where you hit it, from the line. Jus keep at it and I'm sure you'll get it. (^_^)

That's what I started doing after not being able to hit the one on the left with my natural throws. Like the poster above, I've landed within inches of the one on the left but still no luck in hitting it. I can land right around it with every throw, but making an adjustment is near impossible with how sensitive it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got this achievement! Took hours and hours of trying, but finally hit the stand of the speaker on the left side, about 104m back. I just decided fuck it, I'm going to keep trying over and over, throwing left like I do naturally, until I hit the damn thing. I didn't even think my throw was going to come that close, but needless to say I was very surprised and relieved to finally hit that damn thing.

There isn't really a trick to it, or any tips I have to offer. My throws naturally go down the left side, toward that piece of equipment. Aiming isn't really an option because of how sensitive it is. Just keep throwing in the general direction, once you have a method down, and hope to get lucky.

• 3 months later...

Just got this today....even though I posted earlier I was getting 100m consistently I moved my kinect into another location and for some reason was struggling to get above 70 metres or so.....

What I did to get it was throw with my left arm (I am right handed), it looked a bit unco but I just threw as hard as I could and was lucky enough to hit one of the speaker things up the back at around 118 metres....very happy to get this done before my arm fell off, now just a couple of boxing to go and I am done.

I finaly did the acheivement today after many hours of trying and came up with my own method for this. What you do is pretend your kinect sensor is north then turn your entire body so you are either facing east or west. I chose to face west even though im right handed.pick up the javelin and hold your arm out at a 10/11 o'clock position (if your facing west) whilest still facing your chosen direction and take a good run up and make sure those knees are high. Once in the throwing area swing your arm down so your hand will go from pointing at whats what behind you past your feet then up at a good angle. If you do this throw from a central position the javeling will go slighty to the left so here is where the trick lies.when facing west or east walk a bit forward in your chosen direction and try and do the same throw again. Once you find your sweet spot you can always throw in the right area and have a higher chance of hitting one of the electriccal equipment. If my instructions sound a bit confusing message me and ik will try to help you out more.

• 1 month later...

Firstoff, you can hit the bigger screens behind the mini-scoreboard in the video and the achievement will still pop. The distance will be around 115m and here's how you do it.

Most people hold their arm out like they're actually holding it, but you should really have your arms down. Run in place like you would for the sprints and when you get to the green zone, throw your arm like you would throwing a football. It will take a couple of tries to be consistent, but you'll notice the difference.