Tips to Beat 'One Shot One Kill'?!

I find its IMPOSSIBLE to pass this level, even using the glitch in the hut near the ferris wheel. My patience is wearing thin and i cannot be bothered to do something that needs me to try over and over because its so frustrating!

I did. Out of the three attempts at that method, I was killed once by a grenade and the other two times gunned down far too easily while running to get my partner. If you haven't done so, check out the nextgenwalkthrough on veteran. You can go half prone behind the bumper cars and be relatively safe if you keep close to the railing and deploy your claymores in decent spots(try adding a few amongst the bumper cars, careful to space them out). You can sit at the corner of the bumper car building(if you were peering out around the corner your partner would be straight in the distance). A white fence will protect you from the right, bumper cars from the front. All you have to watch out for is grenade explostions but you can get away from them safely without being shot. Just be alert and pick off guys that you can hit. After a try or two, you'll see where they sit and will pick them off before they even shoot at you. Run out just as the chopper gets there, shooting the last guys you can and your team should help with any others. i just did it last night so I know it it works. Good luck.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I did. Out of the three attempts at that method, I was killed once by a grenade and the other two times gunned down far too easily while running to get my partner. If you haven't done so, check out the nextgenwalkthrough on veteran. You can go half prone behind the bumper cars and be relatively safe if you keep close to the railing and deploy your claymores in decent spots(try adding a few amongst the bumper cars, careful to space them out). You can sit at the corner of the bumper car building(if you were peering out around the corner your partner would be straight in the distance). A white fence will protect you from the right, bumper cars from the front. All you have to watch out for is grenade explostions but you can get away from them safely without being shot. Just be alert and pick off guys that you can hit. After a try or two, you'll see where they sit and will pick them off before they even shoot at you. Run out just as the chopper gets there, shooting the last guys you can and your team should help with any others. i just did it last night so I know it it works. Good luck.

Thanks for this information. This is what I used and it took me maybe 5 times to get it down and was able to finish.

The hardest part to me was when the chopper got there and you had to go pick up your teammate. Make sure you snipe the snipers before running out to get him. Then once you pick him up just book it to chopper and you should be able to make it without dying. I died once like 3 feet from the chopper....that wasnt frustrating or anything....

• 3 months later...

Before I stopped playing COD4 this is where I got stuck on veteran. No matter what I tried I would always die but with the info above I may pull the game out and try and get COD4 done on veteran as it is the only COD I haven't completed on veteran.

You can hide in the grassy/tree'd area behind the porch thing where the bumper cars are. Just lay down and get ready to throw back lots of grenades and kill guys that come round the corner. Then go to the ferris wheel pick him up and run to the chopper... It took me a few tries but was the most effective way.

• 2 weeks later...
so if it possible to go to the chopper and finishing the level without carring your teammate to the chopper?

i definetly dont think so, thats like the main part of the mission is getting mcmillian (sp? its been a while) to the evac chopper. although i dont think i ever even tried just leaving him laying there and going solo lol. "hes a lost cause, hurry now go go!"

also what is this "glitch" with the hut that others mentioned? my strat was usually to stick to the right side of the ferris wheel and snipe the baddies that drop as quickly as possible. very hard mission though, its easy and fun up untill they start dropping like nuts and you have to carry dude past 100+ speeding bullets lol.

If you use the spot by the bumper cars just make sure that you can just see the enemies on the other side (head glitch), even on veteran you will barely get hit by your enemies, and when you see a greandemarker just step a few steps back and press RB, using 3 claymores to cover your left flank should be more that sufficient.

And only go get mac when you can see the chopper landing, you have enough time to make it, and you don't expose yourself longer than necessary.

• 1 month later...

argh, i still can't beat this mission on veteran, i've tried like 8 times now, covering behind the bumper cars, but it's the very end when you have to run out and get McMillan that i keep dying. by that point theres just way too many dickheads out there trying to introduce you to the business ends of their assault rifles. i think i might have a nervous breakdown.

• 2 months later...

just leave the captain up on the hill, he can't be killed so he'll take out a fair few bad guys, while he's doing that I've found you can set claymore all around the back half of the fairswheel then lay down in the bottom booth and pick off any guys who get past your clays the only thing you need to look out for is grenades just be ready to throw them away and you'll be fine :)

• 2 weeks later...
If you are having trouble surviving, you could try to hide down that alleyway near the indoor pool.

You can hide there and only a few enemies will attack you. Then you just run out to the chopper!

(Has been a long time since i played this game though)

this is exactly what I did!!! it works perfectly!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting close to reaching this mission on Veteran; came back to my 360 in the summer and have a massive backlog of games to get to, and this is the one I'm working on now. I hid in the alley when I played through on Recruit and sniped enemies as they arrived; the only challenge I see from that is getting to MacMillan - that'll be tough. I think the best bet is to just lay behind the ferris wheel/bumper cars and head glitch, so when it's time, you grab him and go.

• 1 year later...