Messed up with a Fire Keepers soul

Ozbaab

Hello lovely x360a!

Long time since I visited this forum. Anyways!

I've began playing Dark Souls after completing Demon's Souls on PS3, it sure is an awesome game! I read up plenty while playing Demon's, so I thought I would spoil as little as possible in Dark and therefor, I am reading as few guides and hints as possible.

And so naturally I screwed up on the Fire Keepers soul. The description was "use to gain souls or to reinforce Estus Flasks", so naturally I used it, thought I would get souls + better flasks. Turns out I didn't.

I hadn't even discovered the place below Firelink Shrine where the Fire keeper sits... And when I did I realized I messed up :woop:

So what I'm hoping is that this is not SUCH a big deal? I've basically lost one upgrade to the Estus Flasks.

Thanks much

Hello lovely x360a!

Long time since I visited this forum. Anyways!

I've began playing Dark Souls after completing Demon's Souls on PS3, it sure is an awesome game! I read up plenty while playing Demon's, so I thought I would spoil as little as possible in Dark and therefor, I am reading as few guides and hints as possible.

And so naturally I screwed up on the Fire Keepers soul. The description was "use to gain souls or to reinforce Estus Flasks", so naturally I used it, thought I would get souls + better flasks. Turns out I didn't.

I hadn't even discovered the place below Firelink Shrine where the Fire keeper sits... And when I did I realized I messed up :woop:

So what I'm hoping is that this is not SUCH a big deal? I've basically lost one upgrade to the Estus Flasks.

Thanks much

There are only so many per playthrough and it's definitely a bummer that you used one, but it's by no means game ending. There are plenty of people who playthrough the whole game without upgrading their flask at all.

And since your best bet is to avoid taking damage in the first place I'd say you will be just fine.

Welcome to Dark Souls and the friendliest game community on xbox360a! :)

I would not be concerned at all about it. It's not game ending, it's not achievement related, and truthfully, the only time I ever used 7 was on my very first run when I was doing multiple playthroughs for my 1000g. And even that 7 I got over NG and NG+, as opposed to getting them all in one run. It's really not necessary. You'll be fine. :)

I did this exact same thing! Got another one now from Blighttown, went to firelink shrine to finally upgrade my flasks and firelink shrine is no more cos the firekeeper had left! (I went there RIGHT after I rang the bell in Queelaag's domain.

Pretty shitty lol. But yeh, I'm sure I'll make do without totally lvled flasks :)