Just a little update

Creech

Hey all, I want to provide a little update to keep you in the loop. In case you haven't noticed, I am trying to provide regular information on what is going on with the site so that you are all aware of what we are working on.

The x360a Representers have pretty much finished the Arcade Crazy list of the 100 essential arcade achievements. I should be adding this to the checklists for Over Achiever as a 100-achievement DLC this week. Special thanks to Capn Doug who has really driven that effort, great job on his part.

I am going to rename the "Achievement" series of awards to "Submit". The staff had been talking over whether to create a new series just for awardables, but there just aren't enough of those to justify a new award series. Instead, we are going to count them the same way we count someone giving us a colored tile. We will file them separately on our end in case this ever changes so we can go back and retroactively pull them out, but so far it looks like this isn't likely.

We are just starting a clean up of the genre's each game is listed under, with the long-term goals of adding sub-genres and re-organizing the forum to match the genre's on the front page. This will almost certainly take months to be completed, and there will likely be some "under construction" mess as a result. While I will try to keep it minimal, if you see weird sorting in the forum give it a day or so to shake itself out before reporting it as an error. I appreciate your consideration and patience while this goes on.

Related to the genre clean up is a re-evaluation of our leaderboards and how they are displayed. If you guys have input on what you would like to see, replying to this thread is a great way of sharing your opinion with the site leadership. Note that we are NOT going to violate our agreement with Xbox like raptr and TA do, so screen-scraping for individual achievements is off the table. Other than that though, feel free to chime in.

We are looking into the advertising glitches that have popped up lately and hope to have them sorted soon.

Last but not least, we are on track to release our mobile app later this year, so if you have a smart phone stay tuned.

Cool, was wondering about the avatar awards and stuff. Can't believe the amount of changes as improvements happening at the moment and it is great to see the community involved so much rather than everything dictated from above and members told to shut up!

Much love for everyone at the moment <3 :D

Sounds good Creech. Looking forward to the mobile app.

However, myself and a few others haven't been getting credit for colored tiles. Is it on the to do list or were they just forgotten?

Same answer as I am giving everyone else...there is a backlog. All of the submissions have been added to the site, but that created a 100+ post backlog of awards needing to be updated and handed out. It has to be done manually because we are tracking who is submitting each game. Patience, your awards will be updated as we get through the backlog.

Same answer as I am giving everyone else...there is a backlog. All of the submissions have been added to the site, but that created a 100+ post backlog of awards needing to be updated and handed out. It has to be done manually because we are tracking who is submitting each game. Patience, your awards will be updated as we get through the backlog.

You should totally make one person add all of that. ;) Thanks for the answer. I'll stop pestering you now.

Even so, awards are being distributed quicker than I expected. I honestly don't see how you do all of what you do. Great job and to all the others helping.

Roll on the X360A Mobile App. When can we expect the app to be released?

I would like to know this as well, although I remember it being mentioned a few weeks ago as "it will be done when it's done but hopefully soon" (I'm paraphrasing).

Thanks for the update, Creech! I just netted myself bronze for the Over Achiever award so I'm anxious to get going with the Arcade list. I love quirky Arcade games! :D

I'd love to see the following list available on the front page, after clicking "Achievements":

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/games/win8

The list may not be that long, but I know some people are looking for it, and as of right now, there's no way to access it unless you have the URL.

I think it's not linked at the moment because we don't have a graphic for the W8 list.

Ex. HERE. I have done a revamp version of these graphics and added new ones. Creech and Rx know about them and have signed them off but they haven't been uploaded yet. Again, it's probably on the "to-do" list.

I'd say once they have all been swapped over and the new ones added/linked. Then you'll see and be able to access the W8 stuff easier.

So busy, but it's quite fun. Kind of lose track though of what's being posted where sometimes because so much is going on.

It's good to see the site picking up again after a long down-time. Lets keep it up! :drunk

True that. The site was going downhill for a while, now its been picked up and is coming back to life thanks to Creech and the rest of the staff. :)

Roll on the X360A Mobile App. When can we expect the app to be released?

I don't want to promise a date yet, but we are definitely aiming for sooner rather than later.

I'd love to see the following list available on the front page, after clicking "Achievements":

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/games/win8

The list may not be that long, but I know some people are looking for it, and as of right now, there's no way to access it unless you have the URL.

Working on this also. We have the graphics done, but there some issues with pagination. I will hit up Rx and get back to you with an update.

Leaderboard changes? There's one thing I still remember from the old "Mygamercard.net." One of the things they had was a stat for the average gamer on each game. For example, the average gamer on Avatar had 998 gamerscore in the game, the average gamer on Rumble Roses had 18 gamerscore or something. Might be a cool thing to do, since unless the game is really rare or really hard the top 8 on the overview all have 100%.

And yeah, a rank indicator somewhere on the forum would be nice. Might encourage more people to get on the leaderboards.

Note that we are NOT going to violate our agreement with Xbox like raptr and TA do, so screen-scraping for individual achievements is off the table. Other than that though, feel free to chime in.

Not sure how much you're allowed to talk about due to any agreements you might have with MS, but is it possible for you to tell us everything that you are able to pull? Might give us some better ideas of features we're able to request...

Last but not least, we are on track to release our mobile app later this year, so if you have a smart phone stay tuned.

Any chance you can tell us what phones the app will be available on? Or is it just going to be a mobile site, thus available on any phone?

Maybe I've missed this but...why don't Windows 8 games have their own section just like WP7 games do under "achievements". I came here yesterday to find a whole list of all the games available on windows 8 and don't see it anywhere. I have to search for the game in the search bar to even find it. Am I overlooking something or...?

edit: just saw this:

I don't want to promise a date yet, but we are definitely aiming for sooner rather than later.

Working on this also. We have the graphics done, but there some issues with pagination. I will hit up Rx and get back to you with an update.

I am going to rename the "Achievement" series of awards to "Submit". The staff had been talking over whether to create a new series just for awardables, but there just aren't enough of those to justify a new award series. Instead, we are going to count them the same way we count someone giving us a colored tile. We will file them separately on our end in case this ever changes so we can go back and retroactively pull them out, but so far it looks like this isn't likely.

Given that the achievement tile submission data was lost, I assume the Awardables submission data was lost as well, correct? Does that mean we need to notify the staff via this thread if we have submitted Awardables in the past?