How long will Microsoft/developers support Xbox360?

T.B.R.M

They will continue to support it for as long as it is profitable. A lot of people will keep playing on the 360 especially with no backward compatibility on the Xbox One, so I think we can expect widespread support for the 360 for at least a few more years. I only hope that they keep the 360's Xbox live service up for longer than the original Xbox as it did not last very long after the current generation was adopted.

thanks for all the replies.

i remember around the launch of the 360 that Sony said the playstation 2 was a 10 year console (which I believe it delivered on). i feel like they continued to support games for about another year or two after the statement.

Well, they probably did, as you may know, PS2 was the most successful out of the few but, SONY made huge success from it, that's probably why they still have it. If people just choose XBOX, we'll get some kind of support :).

They will continue to support it for as long as it is profitable. A lot of people will keep playing on the 360 especially with no backward compatibility on the Xbox One, so I think we can expect widespread support for the 360 for at least a few more years. I only hope that they keep the 360's Xbox live service up for longer than the original Xbox as it did not last very long after the current generation was adopted.

Exactly, but I do have a funny feeling that the 360 won't last as long as we're anticipating. I give it to 2016 tops and then the 360 will become nothing more than an ancient relic of a time long past...