If you get this game you should get the dlc

Bum Commando

For 80 msp its a steal. Seeker of the Deep not only adds achievements we all love but has some skills like counter 2 that are insanely powerful. Not only that but it will make the process of levelling to 99 way easier and save you hours and hours from grinding in the main games best grind points (and seriously who the hell wants to spend a second more than they need to in the Temple of Enlightenment). Its a great package deal for one of the best jrpgs on the market and im sure anyone who has played the dlc will agree. If you were on the fence about getting this game and love jrpgs this game is still as great today as it was when it was released 4 years ago.

I love jrpg's, but this game is waaaay too long for my taste. I've played about 97 hours and I think I'll need 15 more to complete it. I prefer my jrpg's with less than 70, thank you very much.

That said, you are right, the DLC is a steal at 80MSP and everyone should get it. Leveling there is very easy, and the new rings and habilities are great.

I've had this game in my collection for some time now, and overall I thought it was great. I've no idea where I am up to on it, as it has been overlooked by many other titles. To be honest I really should get back to finishing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In response to the length of the game it took me around 80 hours to get 1000g. It would have taken so much longer if it werent for the dlc though. I didnt bother with treasure trove or the mastered abilities. This game is definately top jrpgs ive played and its had me feinding for more of the same quality on the 360 lately.

• 3 months later...

for 100% this is actually a short time consumer compared to other games, there is very few key items you have to grind for as item drops (and they all DLC), I am assuming tho you dont want 100% of the rings, if you want all the rings then there is perhaps some grinding for ring components. The rings are not needed for achievements tho.

I also reccomend getting the dlc, the items you get are extremely useful and especially help mack and jansen as they both severely lag at the end due to casting time, especially mack, he gets stuck been able to use only 20% of his spells as he is so slow at spellcasting, the items from the DLC will fix this for him. Also as already said at 80 points its reasonably priced.

• 2 months later...

I bought the game last week for £2.99 and got the dlc for 80 msp the same day. What a bloody good deal. I've heard so much about this game, and played a couple of hours and I have to admit, I'm really liking it. Been looking at getting into JRPG's recently, as western variants just seem to be lacking something. This and Star Ocean will keep me going for quite some time.

• 2 months later...